daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 9th, 2010, 08:30 PM   #621
MeMumbaikar

Likes (Received): 4282

the image

Last edited by MeMumbaikar; November 9th, 2010 at 08:43 PM.
MeMumbaikar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #622
MeMumbaikar

hmm

Old November 9th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #623
MeMumbaikar

@ssc addict

DB reality have not completed a major project before.

They have also already sold the premises to customers like Hyatt. Ie they are booked already before contruction.

In such a scenario there may not be an incentive for them to spend extra with the spire at the top.

I hope they do go through with it cause it will really put their name right up there. Plus Norman Foster will want that as well.

This the the stock listing where you can find all the news of the company contructing this.

http://www.google.com/finance?q=Db+realty

its practically a Sharad Pawar (local state politician) fronted company.
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:52 PM   #624
Master of Disguise
Punjabi for Life..!!!

Likes (Received): 459

Hey thanks Ichi Boy....will get them soon...

iQuest Real Estate

New Delhi - NCR, INDIA
Master of Disguise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:55 PM   #625
MeMumbaikar

best of luck....

I tried mine.

do share with us how you got through. We can use the same process next time we are in the area.(mumbai based posters)

PM me them incase they are looking at this site.
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #626
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinfishjoe View Post
You don't realize how hard it is to get into an upper-class residential apartment building in India. All of them have paid watchmen; and there is almost not a chance that they would let you go inside to take pictures for an online messageboard. Once I was just taking a picture of building in the area when one of them started to give me a dirty look.
OK. You are correct because I cannot see these as 'upper class'. The tower they are going to build will be upper class! BUT THESE BUILDINGS??? I cannot believe they even have security!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=275
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #627
v-8ras
Whizkidd

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapernab2 View Post
OK. You are correct because I cannot see these as 'upper class'. The tower they are going to build will be upper class! BUT THESE BUILDINGS??? I cannot believe they even have security!

Well my friend this is south Bombay. One of the most expensive pieces of real estate on the planet now. Even buildings that look like shit are worth millions here.
v-8ras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #628
Get Smart
BANNED

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by India101 View Post
I'll try and get pics soon people, don't worry
You said that on the 1st of November, today is the 9th. So where are the pictures ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMumbaikar View Post
I think there is also another reason they are hush hush on it.

The company DB reality recently had a poor on the BSE. But raised enough money to finish this project with ease.

A lot of big players pumped in money into this stock despite the shady accounts and lack of big project completion.

What will happen is that when this tower rises people will naturally ask wtf is that. I am talking about the reaction of the people on the ground who are not into skyscrapers.

Then it comes to light for the small investor that the company building this is infact DB reality. So the stock value jumps up simply based on the sentiment of completing such a project in India...

There might be a good chance that they will build a 500plus tower and axe the spike at the top. As it would have done the job of increasing the stock value by then.
all this secrecy you talk about, makes India sound like its North Korea, only without the cleanliness all this stock value rising talk, isnt that a housing bubble in the making?
Get Smart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 11:46 PM   #629
flyinfishjoe
Mangalorean

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
You said that on the 1st of November, today is the 9th. So where are the pictures ?

"Soon" is a relative term. Anyways, if you looked a few pages back you'd see that he said sometime in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
all this secrecy you talk about, makes India sound like its North Korea, only without the cleanliness
Har har. Hilarious. I'm dying from laughter.

(We all know what you're trying to get at, just give up already, it will make everyone's life easier.) By the way, I'm eagerly awaiting your shocking pictorial report on five-year old child laborers working at this site.

Last edited by flyinfishjoe; November 10th, 2010 at 12:57 AM.
flyinfishjoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 01:13 AM   #630
MeMumbaikar

Quote:

all this secrecy you talk about, makes India sound like its North Korea, only without the cleanliness all this stock value rising talk, isnt that a housing bubble in the making?

just how dumb are you?

DP reality just had an IPO.

I hope are smart enough to realise what

(a) an IPO is

(b) what it means for secrecy and such

and if you want to talk about real secrecy, think about Dubai. lol when they went bust the sheikh even stopped the press from printing negative stuff. Now thats totally fcuked up IMO.

All the guys at DB want to do its keep things under wraps. They have published their accounts and if ya want, go through them and use google.
Old November 10th, 2010, 01:20 AM   #631
MeMumbaikar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapernab2 View Post

some of these buildings in question have staircases with no windows and no common areas.

so inorder to get a snap you would have to knock on a door,enter somebodies house and then take a snap from the window of those apartments.

Other decent buildings have watchman.

I dont understand why your soo keen on people getting snaps asap. Its been moved to the site prep section, which based on the pics so far is true enough.

If this was in the U/C section then i agree it would be unfair for it to be in that section without any pic.

So lets wait if IR who is in the construction industry can take some pics making use of the knowledge he has or slip past them.

Once this thing rises 2-3 floors above ground, you will be able to take pics from the passing trains on the western railway line to ya hearts content...

Last edited by MeMumbaikar; November 10th, 2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old November 10th, 2010, 01:30 AM   #632
fragel

Likes (Received): 55

Seems there is still no further update on this project. The secrecy thing is really bad for suptertall enthusiasts.

Quote:
this is rude. We should be thankful to those who took pictures and videos. I really don't think you have the right to ask him to beat any deadline or whatsoever.
Old November 10th, 2010, 01:39 AM   #633
MeMumbaikar

personally speaking, its good that this thread remains in the sit prep section.

Let them take their time and do whats needs to be done.

I very much doubt they have gone from site prep to UC in so quick a time. Its still going to be one big hole in the ground. Did not see too much worker activity there when i visited. I will be glad if proved wrong.

Last edited by MeMumbaikar; November 10th, 2010 at 01:44 AM.
Old November 10th, 2010, 07:04 AM   #634
India101

Likes (Received): 2632

Quote:
1st of November
by soon I meant ~18 days . I should be in Mumbai by the 15th of Nov, don't think I'll be able to get pics on the first few days though.
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 08:14 AM   #635
SSCaddict
Sagar

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMumbaikar View Post
@ssc addict

They have also already sold the premises to customers like Hyatt. Ie they are booked already before contruction.

In such a scenario there may not be an incentive for them to spend extra with the spire at the top.

I hope they do go through with it cause it will really put their name right up there. Plus Norman Foster will want that as well.

This the the stock listing where you can find all the news of the company contructing this.

http://www.google.com/finance?q=Db+realty

its practically a Sharad Pawar (local state politician) fronted company.
i know ichi bhai about pawar sahib but it will be just ridiculous of them to chop the spire off..
SSCaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #636
MeMumbaikar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCaddict View Post
i know ichi bhai about pawar sahib but it will be just ridiculous of them to chop the spire off..
I wont like it one bit.

Just think that they might leave it at 550m
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #637
larven

Likes (Received): 2974

Why would they chop it off at 550m? That would involve a fundamental redesign (another one of many) and you misunderstand the purpose of the extreme height.

This is an iconic building for India and if built as planned, will be the second tallest structure on earth. That's some statement.
larven está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #638
India101

Likes (Received): 2632

It would be fugly without it's spire. Though, I don't think DB will drop the spire.

Quote:
and now they building half of India's supertalls.
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #639
MeMumbaikar

Quote:
Originally Posted by larven View Post
Why would they chop it off at 550m? That would involve a fundamental redesign (another one of many) and you misunderstand the purpose of the extreme height.

This is an iconic building for India and if built as planned, will be the second tallest structure on earth. That's some statement.
well i hope they dont.

But i have seen it happen with projects in Mumbai before. Not with this particular company.

About the redesign, I am not knowledgeable in this but surely the spire is mostly for show purposes? Or does it add to the structural integrity?

They wont totally eliminate the spire, but might scale it back

@mer101

the key is building. This is why their IPO tanked. They had not completed a big major project. If somebody like DLF/ Lodha/ Hiranandani was building this then nobody would be asking questions.
Old November 10th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #640
Bombay Boy

Likes (Received): 12

the top of the building (the so called spire) is part of the fundamental structure. its not an antenna on top like a petronas or sears tower (or whatever its called nowadays). you cant just reach a certain height and then say 'oh maybe we should just forget the antenna'. the whole stability of the structure is dependent on the angles meeting at the top
Bombay Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
mumbai, norman foster