daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 16th, 2010, 02:19 PM   #781
Soroban
Ah! Megami-Sama fan

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by India Rocks View Post
However, the only concern seems to be the diameter of the hole,which is very narrow. Can the workers safely transfer the logistics and other materials through that ?
Thats the real question.
Like Chicago Spire, Pentominium ...
Soroban no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #782
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 96

I'm guessing each side is about 60 meters at the base?
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:55 PM   #783
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 3046

Very interesting floor plan, it will be different watching three cores instead of one

Last edited by Eastern37; November 17th, 2010 at 12:03 AM.
Eastern37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #784
Chrisel

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadathecontrols View Post
the hyatt part of it is PART of the development.
the developemnt might be 40 stories and they could still have a hotel in it, or taking up all of it
the fact that someone at fosters is doing some work on it is completely irrelevent , they are a huge company.
they do work on countless projects
And adding their name to developement adds value.
It could , and usually does, mean that its an intern or new employee working on it.

where the hell is peoples analysis of suposed information?

untli fosters have given us a detailed spec of what they are being paid to do we have no idea about it.
And even then, there is no garuantee that anyone will fund them , (they aint cheap)let alone a 125 story project.
a 27 story building is just peanuts in construction terms, they go up all the time everywhere in the world and cost **** all.
a mega tall is a completely different undertaking
Look it takes about 2 years for this sort of thing to T O. So add a year for (indian) hiccups we should have the result by 2014.
If we dont have a conformed spec from a reliable source from within the industry for 125 stories by 2012, then my money says it will be something rather less dramatic.
i'm analitical & pragmatic, i'm not negative
but is there anyone here whose a wee bit nieve?
Haha...freudian slip?!

Chrisel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #785
Master of Disguise
Punjabi for Life..!!!

Likes (Received): 459

How True

iQuest Real Estate

New Delhi - NCR, INDIA
Master of Disguise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:50 PM   #786
japanese001

Likes (Received): 707

I must learn a Hindi.
japanese001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #787
Daireon
The lunatic is in my head

Likes (Received): 5504

WOW I really like this one!

Bring more supertalls India !
Old November 18th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #788
dreadathecontrols
unregistered

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisel View Post
Haha...freudian slip?!
yeah that IS pretty funny even though i am the **** eedjut.

theres nothing about this on fosters website, which one would think there would be.
And nowhere has anyone said whos financing it. This is BIG news in any city.
So where are the facts?
We know something is proposed.
We know some groundwork IS going on.
But we dont know what that work is for as no one in the buisnes has said
'this is what were doing'.
the document posted for the work quote for thr cladding is from some wiered chinise website if anyone had bothered to check.
I , on the other hand, am now in direct communication with the guy at wsp whose been working on it.
hes is not in the office but out and about in blackburn and will get back to me asap.
i will report what he says and what we can conclude about it tomorow.
ive also mailed fosters.
until someone in the buisness says something definate i am sceptical.
i cant be arsed with hopefull rumours.

Last edited by dreadathecontrols; November 18th, 2010 at 05:52 PM.
dreadathecontrols no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #789
soccerhero

Likes (Received): 40

Even though you are hanging on to the point that nothing is seen on Fosters website you need more knowledge of Mumbai political scene. There are different stupid good for nothing civil liberties groups and mass appeal craving politicians who will lose no opportunity to train their guns on any big projects. If they smell any big project they drag them courts using public interest litigation or any other option they have. Then there are protests as usual claiming environmental damage or some other sh*t. Even if the builders win the case it will get delayed by years. That is exactly DB is worried about. Did you ever wonder why so much of security and secrecy with this project? They obviously do not want undue media attention at least till the project takes off the ground. The other Mumbai supertall "World One" already ran into some protests by local politicians/people for various alleged problem due to the project. That is exactly they are trying to avoid

IIRC reading in SSC India page for this project that they asked Fosters to not advertise as a part of the deal. I need to dig up that post.

Edit: Read that post below.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=419
IU can you help me in this??

Last edited by soccerhero; November 18th, 2010 at 10:58 PM.
soccerhero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 12:55 AM   #790
jaadu

Likes (Received): 39

But we all have seen the work going on and at quite good rate and soon we will see the structure come up. Even if there is no acknowledgement we have the visual proof and the site matches the renders so I don't see any reason to doubt .. All evidenced point to something similar to render and none to nothing or something else !!!
just relax and enjoy the show :P
jaadu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 03:52 AM   #791
Soroban
Ah! Megami-Sama fan

Likes (Received): 33

Please, don't feed the trolls !!!
Soroban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #792
dreadathecontrols
unregistered

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soroban View Post
Please, don't feed the trolls !!!
ur new to this mate.
Dont be a ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerhero View Post
Even though you are hanging on to the point that nothing is seen on Fosters website you need more knowledge of Mumbai political scene. There are different stupid good for nothing civil liberties groups and mass appeal craving politicians who will lose no opportunity to train their guns on any big projects. If they smell any big project they drag them courts using public interest litigation or any other option they have. Then there are protests as usual claiming environmental damage or some other sh*t. Even if the builders win the case it will get delayed by years. That is exactly DB is worried about. Did you ever wonder why so much of security and secrecy with this project? They obviously do not want undue media attention at least till the project takes off the ground. The other Mumbai supertall "World One" already ran into some protests by local politicians/people for various alleged problem due to the project. That is exactly they are trying to avoid

IIRC reading in SSC India page for this project that they asked Fosters to not advertise as a part of the deal. I need to dig up that post.

Edit: Read that post below.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=419
IU can you help me in this??
I get all that.
But whenever they do go public , and they will have to, they're gonna face whatever opposition they're going to.
It makes no odds what stage the project is at.
And that is another reason that points me in the direction of a tower of this type not being built in Mumbai.
Exactly the same happened in London over the Millenium Tower.The climate in the city made it unviable.
And I dont think, whatever we might want, that the climate is right in Mumbai now.
Anyway both Fosters and WSP are being very tight lipped, on 'instructions from our client'.
take that to mean whatever you like

Last edited by dreadathecontrols; November 19th, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
dreadathecontrols no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 03:52 PM   #793
kingfisher09
Mumbai, Toronto

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadathecontrols View Post
ur new to this mate.
Dont be a ****

I get all that.
But whenever they do go public , and they will have to, they're gonna face whatever opposition they're going to.
It makes no odds what stage the project is at.
And that is another reason that points me in the direction of a tower of this type not being built in Mumbai.
Exactly the same happened in London over the Millenium Tower.The climate in the city made it unviable.
And I dont think, whatever we might want, that the climate is right in Mumbai now.
Anyway both Fosters and WSP are being very tight lipped, on 'instructions from our client'.
take that to mean whatever you like
Any updates from your contact who had gone to Blackburn? Any response from Fosters? Please keep us posted.

The "weird Chinese site" that you referred to is Baidu which is the #1 Chinese language search portal. Not sure if you are aware of it, but Baidu is Google's competition in China and is listed on the NASDAQ.
kingfisher09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #794
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 3392

I am pessemistic but i hope it will get build.

Tom_Green no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #795
LeeighIam

Likes (Received): 149

India has chronic poverty issues, I personally think they should address that anything else. I have been to India, beautiful country with a lot of charms and definitely one of a kind place but c'mmon, there are homeless people everywhere...Slumdog Millionaire was no movie, it was for real. Power trip gotta be on hold and people first!
LeeighIam está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #796
SSCaddict
Sagar

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeighIam View Post
India has chronic poverty issues, I personally think they should address that anything else. I have been to India, beautiful country with a lot of charms and definitely one of a kind place but c'mmon, there are homeless people everywhere...Slumdog Millionaire was no movie, it was for real. Power trip gotta be on hold and people first!

it is built by private builder
SSCaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #797
India101

Likes (Received): 2632

Gawd people! go complain and rant in the corner, not in this thread. We already had enough of the posts of people complaining how poor India is and how this will never be built. Let's leave this thread for updates and see what happens with this project.
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #798
shreyansh

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Looks like you learnt everything abt India by watching Slumdog Millionaire
shreyansh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #799
v-8ras
Whizkidd

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:

While I agree with your honest intentions that INDIA should take care of its homeless first before investing in such fancy projects, let me also inform you that as a democratic country, a private developer has the rights to build such an extravagant thing. I fail to understand how people forget that projects like these also means a few hundred more jobs for people here. Should India wait for all its poor to become rich before starting out with projects like these? I dont understand!

I do not wish to derail this thread once more (and have my long, nice posts deleted by the mods! Thats a total waste of labor! )
v-8ras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 08:30 PM   #800
alien
.:junglist : and . AFOL:.

Likes (Received): 534

and who? private sector? yes private sector care about poor peaople, because it brings jobs in construction site of india tower
this is thread about tower not social or political thread!
so please stop with offtopics and flames...

Tags
mumbai, norman foster