daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 25th, 2010, 07:20 AM   #1001
kraperchunks

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendo View Post
A completely valid point. The more construction projects that Indians pursue, the more these projects will help raise the standard of living in India. China is already a good example of this, and their standard of living has been rising very fast.
Maybe so, but the economy needs to be secure before building something so expensive.

What good would it do if nobody could afford to live and rent space in the building.
kraperchunks no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2010, 07:35 AM   #1002
rosegunner

Likes (Received): 1

You don't need to worry if people are going to live there or not cuz thats the builders problem. And what do you mean by the economy not being secure? Did you forget that this isn't Canada? Its India and their economy is growing at 9 percent.
rosegunner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 08:09 AM   #1003
Master of Disguise
Punjabi for Life..!!!

Likes (Received): 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraperchunks View Post
Maybe so, but the economy needs to be secure before building something so expensive.

What good would it do if nobody could afford to live and rent space in the building.
Dude....India have more millionaire's / billionaire's than your country...don't worry about it being occupied .....You can't even imagine number of super rich guys in this country...there are poors yes, however, number is decreasing fast...

Around 30% of the project has already been sold out.....India for no reason is among the fastest growing economies in the world...

iQuest Real Estate

New Delhi - NCR, INDIA
Master of Disguise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 08:23 AM   #1004
shreyansh

Likes (Received): 19

Why wasting your time arguing with them?
shreyansh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #1005
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3189

C'mon.... back on topic guys!!! Any new pics of the site?
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #1006
desiguy66

Likes (Received): 18

From the india forum i found out this site is close to churni road. Can someone please post a google map and show me how to get from churni road train station to this (and any other sites) where we want pics. i am taking a camera with me. i leave in less than 30 mins, so i will not have internet access thereafter.
desiguy66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #1007
India101

Likes (Received): 2632

Quote:

Don't be so sure about that. There is around 3000, 5 star, luxury apartments built and under construction in Mumbai and there is still a demand.
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 10:02 AM   #1008
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiguy66 View Post
From the india forum i found out this site is close to churni road. Can someone please post a google map and show me how to get from churni road train station to this (and any other sites) where we want pics. i am taking a camera with me. i leave in less than 30 mins, so i will not have internet access thereafter.
It seems its just near by:

Ps. A, and good luck with taking these pictures
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #1009
deekshith
DELETED

Likes (Received): 1764

Quote:

Stop watching decade old documentaries about poverty in India Some people cannot afford to live in India tower i agree, but telling that nobody could afford shows your less knowledge about India
deekshith no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 12:40 PM   #1010
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 61250

Rapid economic growth always results in more inequality at first. But it's usually also followed by a creation of a large middle class, and that is the only development that can actually end poverty. Something that should go a lot faster in the current times then the couple of 100 years that it took for many European countries to go from the Golden Years to the actual end of poverty in the 20th century.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #1011
Master of Disguise
Punjabi for Life..!!!

Likes (Received): 459

you are right ...Middle class in India is the biggest there...!!! Inequality in income is disappearing ....Strong middle class is being created....plus the super rich ...ahhh ever increasing...

iQuest Real Estate

New Delhi - NCR, INDIA
Master of Disguise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #1012
bhargavsura

Quote:

Are you kidding me? India and China are probably the most secured economies in the world right now. Any major industrial breakdown in the US will lead to recession. Did that affect India? Not a whole lot. US's economy is just a bubble waiting to burst.
Old December 25th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #1013
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
Rapid economic growth always results in more inequality at first. But it's usually also followed by a creation of a large middle class, and that is the only development that can actually end poverty. Something that should go a lot faster in the current times then the couple of 100 years that it took for many European countries to go from the Golden Years to the actual end of poverty in the 20th century.
Dont go thinking we here in the West have managed to end poverty. Our system isn't as great as many like to think it is. It's far from perfect.

And having a lot of 'super rich' people is nothing to be proud of either.
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #1014
Pfeuffer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 405

+1
Pfeuffer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #1015
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2625

I can't speak for England, but here in Germany everyone is entitled to a minimum of ~350 €uros plus rent for a place to live plus health insurance. Not exactly comparable to the type of poverty one can see in South Asia, is it?

Overall I agree with Momo. Economic growth always starts at the top, with a few people getting filthy rich, but eventually it works its way down to the middle class. That is, unless you have a Zimbabwean-style dictatorship, where the rich remain the only ones who benefit by having military force behind them to keep the poor poor or else. I don't see that happening in India, of course.

Also, to keep the staff up to date, before you cry foul about the discussion too far off topic, what we are talking about here is that some, for some absurd reason, doubt that this tower will ever find any tenants because poverty exists in India. I know that reasoning doesn't make the least bit of sense, but people in this thread keep falling back on it anyway.

Last edited by droneriot; December 25th, 2010 at 06:16 PM.
droneriot está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #1016
RiSHi

Likes (Received): 129

^ you are a "KOOP MANDUK" means "a frog of the well who thinks the well is the only world because he can not see outside."
RiSHi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 08:53 PM   #1017
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2625

He must truly be a wise man who calls others animals for believing in reality.
droneriot está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #1018
v-8ras
Whizkidd

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle Guy View Post
Dont go thinking we here in the West have managed to end poverty. Our system isn't as great as many like to think it is. It's far from perfect.

And having a lot of 'super rich' people is nothing to be proud of either.
Who claims the west has managed to end poverty completely? Tell me one place where they have managed to banish poverty altogether? (Liechtenstein may be! :P )

So, if the western system isn't as great as it is being made out to be, tell me another system that has managed to do what it has managed to achieve? I guess most people would be happy to adopt that? Having a lot of super rich might not be a thing to be proud of - but it sure is a sign that everyone has an equal opportunity here to earn and become super rich - of course staying within the confines of the laws of the land.
v-8ras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #1019
desiguy66

Likes (Received): 18

Update: December 25 2010 - Saturday 4:00pm
There were soo many people working on saturday at 4pm on christmas. I can't imagine how bustling this probably is during a weekday. Merry Xmas....
Also, sorry for the image quality, my camera was not working so had to take pics using my cell phone

Outside the site

[IMG][/IMG]

Outside the site...as soon I walked close the secuirty gaurd arrived to make sure i did not get any closer. all security personnel were in black uniforms as seen in this pic

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The Site

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

on the top is the main entrance to the site, where the white cement truck is

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

On the left is one of the entrances. the white booth is one of 2 security offices

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

As you can see in the pics below, 3 backoes are exavating for the 3rd base

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by desiguy66; December 25th, 2010 at 09:39 PM.
desiguy66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #1020
flyinfishjoe
Mangalorean

Likes (Received): 10

Best christmas gift ever! Thank you desiguy!

BTW, please post these pics in the Bombay forum too.

Tags
mumbai, norman foster