daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 19th, 2011, 07:33 AM   #1201
otau
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Великолепный дизайн и архитектура! Очень понравился пирамидальный небоскрёб со шпилём на верху. Даже в Китае пока так высоко не строят ещё...! Поздравляю Вас Индия!
otau no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:24 AM   #1202
Bombay Boy

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandPark View Post
I know this isn't the same tower as India Tower, but I am getting banner ads here on SSC for World One Mumbai. What is that tower? It proclaims "worlds tallest residential tower."
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1150639
Bombay Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 01:45 AM   #1203
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandPark View Post
I know this isn't the same tower as India Tower, but I am getting banner ads here on SSC for World One Mumbai. What is that tower? It proclaims "worlds tallest residential tower."
It is a 1450ft. tall skyscraper being developed by the Lodha Group, I think. And the Pentominium will be completed first at 1693ft. , regarding their claims of the world's tallest residence. Now back on subject.
Old January 21st, 2011, 02:05 AM   #1204
lookinflowers

Likes (Received): 440

can i know what about this building? which one is the final render or dising??
Old January 21st, 2011, 02:31 AM   #1205
India101

Likes (Received): 2632

The final render is the first one on the first page.
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 03:06 PM   #1206
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 96

How long has it been since we have seen pictures of the foundation progress? Come on guys in Mumbai! You must do a better job of keeping this thread interesting.
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 03:36 PM   #1207
Marathaman

Likes (Received): 6038

Create some controversy by claiming that it's fake/Indians can't build stuff/ etc.etc..

That will motivate some people to go and click fresh fotos

2019:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyer75 View Post
Next two years the economy will crumble and the stock markets will crash thanks to demon.
Marathaman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 03:44 PM   #1208
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

believe me I've tried this . The pictures appeared in couple of months.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 03:51 PM   #1209
joshsam
JR

Likes (Received): 5334

Yikes and this is currently UC?

EDIT:
What happened to this disign?

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5173/a01nw4.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2979/a05jy5.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3066/a04aw7.jpg

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1939/45688655qn2.jpg

Last edited by joshsam; January 21st, 2011 at 03:56 PM.
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM   #1210
v-8ras
Whizkidd

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsam View Post

EDIT:
It got rejected. And this one is U/C ---->

v-8ras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 04:05 PM   #1211
joshsam
JR

Likes (Received): 5334

aham I see they chose dubai style...
Old January 21st, 2011, 04:10 PM   #1212
kingfisher09
Mumbai, Toronto

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
believe me I've tried this . The pictures appeared in couple of months.
Time for you to have another go at this then
kingfisher09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 05:34 PM   #1213
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsam View Post

EDIT:
Fortunatelly russians got it , leaving indians with REAL masterpiece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher09 View Post
Time for you to have another go at this then
My point was actually that there is nothing you can do to convince people from mumbai to take regular updates. They take pictures from time to time (december wasn't that bad after all), and it is all you can get. They will explain the security is so thight or that neighbouring buildings are all private apartments and they can't get inside and stuff like that. I actually used to it allready and enjoy what we have.

Last edited by patrykus; January 21st, 2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old January 21st, 2011, 05:59 PM   #1214
sammyk

Likes (Received): 34

I think the location of this building is a bit far from where those that take photos live. Seems they have to make a special trip and then go through the trouble of getting around security, etc. I guess this must be why they don't do it too often as compared to other sites.
sammyk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 06:01 PM   #1215
kingfisher09
Mumbai, Toronto

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Fortunatelly russians got it , leaving indians with REAL masterpiece.

My point was actually that there is nothing you can do to convince people from mumbai to take regular updates. They take pictures from time to time (december wasn't that bad after all), and it is all you can get. They will explain the security is so thight or that neighbouring buildings are all private apartments and they can't get inside and stuff like that. I actually used to it allready and enjoy what we have.
I am gonna be with the Mumbai forummers on this. Posters like India101, CoolGuyz and Fuwad regularly update other posts. They really must be having no options available to them on this.

Apartment buildings in Mumbai have security gaurds at the entrance. My family lives in Mumbai in a middle-class neighbourhood and we have security at the entrance to the colony and a security gaurd at each building entrance 24/7.
kingfisher09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 06:57 PM   #1216
patrykus

As for the distance:

I think all of which would please all of us completely would be one update per month. Let say we have 4 forumers in mubai with cameras. That would mean each of them would have to make "special trip" in every 5 months which would be two times annually. Doesn't look like that great effort.

As for the security:

Remember desiguy66's great update? He just ask on the forum a moment before he left where is located the towers site because he is going to visit mumbai and he can get some pictures for us. I posted for him orientation map and what we've got next was his great detailed update. He mention the security but somehow they didn't stop him from taking pics.

Whats most laughable is that we more often get updets from people visiting mumbai (like India101 and desiguy66) rather that from mumbayans themself.
Old January 21st, 2011, 08:04 PM   #1217
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 96

The security people for the buildings surrounding the site care about their tennants. They do not care about protecting the construction site from photos being taken because they don't work for them. So just be nice and ask if you can walk up a few stairs and take pictures from the roof.

Is this a fair statement, or irrational?
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:35 PM   #1218
desiguy66

Likes (Received): 18

irrational for this instance. the security at this site is specifically for this construction. i saw at least 10 security guards...and that was on a saturday on christmas day

i believe the biggest issue is most indian forumers actually don't live in india! As for this site, if one doesn't get the detailed map of exactly where to take pics from, it is impossible to take pics! so only a few people know how to go there....and we can't post the detailed map becuase "authorities" might get a hold and block it as well.

Last edited by desiguy66; January 21st, 2011 at 10:41 PM.
desiguy66 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:38 PM   #1219
Marathaman

Likes (Received): 6038

Most Indian forumers do live in India but very few are from Mumbai. Most are from south - Kerala, TN, Karnataka etc.

2019:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyer75 View Post
Next two years the economy will crumble and the stock markets will crash thanks to demon.
Marathaman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:49 AM   #1220
Optimus_Prime91

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai View Post
Edit -- (Apr, 2010): This tower has been redesigned by Norman Foster. It will be over 125 fl tall / 550m in floor height / 725m at spire height

MUMBAI | India Tower | 725m | 125fls | U/C

Here is a rendering of the final design:

First post left below for posterity's sake

========================
(second design below!)
========================

Edit -- (May, 2008): This tower has been redesigned, though it will have the same roof height! The name of the tower has also been changed to "DB Tower"

Here is a rendering of the second design:

========================
(original design / original post below)
========================

With official word of this project just announced last week, the 85-storey Hyatt Park Tower, India's tallest under construction building officially broke ground.

Designed by Fox and Fowle (FXFOWLE) architects as part of three-hotel luxury project being developed by Neelkamal Realtors in conjunction with Hyatt hotels, Hyatt Park tower is located at Marine Lines, Mumbai, just north of the city's historical district. It marks the southernmost point of a major region of skyscraper development that currently stretches north to under construction Parel/Back Bay skyline.

A mixed-used development totalling 882,000 sq ft, Hyatt Park tower, in the architects' own words:
Quote:
...centers on creating an iconic residential mixed-use building within India's emerging new economy.

The 85-storey tower is informed by distinctive indoor/outdoor environments and the desire to optimise the panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.

The tower's rotated form emerges in response to the buildings functional requirements and its mixed-use program - which changes with each twist of the structure. This circulation pattern separates retail, 5-star hotel and serviced apartments and long lease duplex penthouse condominium apartments within a sustainable network of green roofs and hanging gardens; creating a singular, extraordinary building that, when completed, will be the tallest and greenest building in India.
Emails to the architect (thanks spyguy) reveals that the tower is currently under construction and will have a height of 301m. Whether this is roof height is not yet clear.

While currently rather seperated from the current skyscraper construction, it is located at the southern end of what will be a massive skyscraper-laden redevelopment region that will see a long skyline anchored in the north at Dharavi, west at Worli, in the middle at Parel, and in the south at Back Bay.

Though developers in Mumbai tend to be ultra-secretive about their projects until they have broken ground (it wasn't even known that this project even existed until a couple days ago when the Hyatt told the Economic Times newspaper about it), other developers have made known that they are planning skyscrapers at Marine Lines. Currently a 50-storey commercial skyscraper, and 2-3 other projects, including the possible supertall Mumbai International Finance Centre, are planned around the location where Park Hyatt tower is being built.

Here are some more renderings. I will update this first post as more renderings and information come out.

^ Looking South towards Historic mumbai. Looking North will be a view of the under construction skyline around Parel

Cheers,
Jai
Superb Design with Exotic looks. This gonna be the tallest tower in India
Optimus_Prime91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
mumbai, norman foster