daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 6th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #1261
Soroban
Ah! Megami-Sama fan

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovani kun View Post
Diagrams don't prove nothing until we have something concrete on the actual site !!

I do not have to search for anything this thread has not yet provided the evidence of a Supertall being constructed !! Thant is why I've asked what 3 cores I can't see anything but just a regular hole it might as well be a cricket stadium ..When I see a core that is when I'll know it's a Supertall until then it's nothing but a hole .. I rest my case
Is you crazy? Then, CTBUH is wrong? The pics are photoshop, Plans are lies, blablabla...
Wake up!!!! Go work!!!

Skyscraper Craze Rages On, Led by AsiaRecord number of high-rises completed last year; more expected this year01/26/2011
By Nadine M. Post

A AHistory keeps disproving predictions that the supertall skyscraper, as a developer’s building type, was destroyed when the two 110-story towers of New York City’s World Trade Center went down. Last year alone, 66 towers taller than 200 meters opened their doors, breaking the 2007 record of 48. Of these, eight are taller than 300 m, according to the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, which is the keeper of the tall-building flame. CTBUH predicts 97 more 200-m-plus high-rises will have ribbon-cuttings next year, including more than 20 taller than 300 m, which the group dubs “supertalls.”

“Immediately following the events of 9/11, many believed we had seen the end of tall buildings as a viable proposition for our cities moving forward,” says Antony Wood, executive director of the Chicago-based CTBUH. “But the unprecedented international boom in high-rise buildings since then shows that the predictions were starkly wrong.”

(...)
As far as construction goes, most of the tall-building activity is in Asia and the Middle East. Mumbai can claim the tallest building under construction: the 720-m India Tower. The listed year for completion of the mixed-use building is 2016. Number two in planned height is the 632-m Shanghai Tower, also a mixed-used building and listed as having a 2014 completion year. CTBUH gives a 600-m minimum height for Shenzen, China’s Ping An International Financial Center Tower One, listed as reaching completion in 2015. But the structural designer for Ping An, New York City-based Thornton Tomasetti, reports it will rise to 660 m.

(...)

https://enr.construction.com/enginee...aspx?cid=16817
Soroban no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #1262
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5171

Giovani kun is trolling for a fight, and you all are falling for it miserably. Report his first post to the moderators so he can be banned and move on.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #1263
v-8ras
Whizkidd

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovani kun View Post
Diagrams don't prove nothing until we have something concrete on the actual site !!

I do not have to search for anything this thread has not yet provided the evidence of a Supertall being constructed !! Thant is why I've asked what 3 cores I can't see anything but just a regular hole it might as well be a cricket stadium ..When I see a core that is when I'll know it's a Supertall until then it's nothing but a hole .. I rest my case
Are you even serious? A Cricket stadium? Which cricket stadium needs a core? Where you live, do they start off by building the core first and then dig a hole?
v-8ras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #1264
Effer
E Pluribus Unum

Likes (Received): 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMumbaikar View Post
I am currently in england

how can i take a pic?
Then take a flight to Mumbai.
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 03:43 AM   #1265
chewys

Likes (Received): 1

A single news report is interesting, but does not necessarilly prove that construction of the 720m tower - as we know journalist do make mistakes. Are there other sources, like from the architect, developer, or even the local government development approval etc, about the building?

Photo evidence that's being displayed indicates concrete structural works being undertaken at basement level. Is the foundation completed? If there are deeps foundation like caissons, piers or bored piles, then one could see heavy reinforcing bars sticking out, especially around the core areas. So far, there is liitle evidence of it. If the building is to be constructed of raft foundation, it will be very interesting, considering the height of the building. Even then, one would be able to view photos of dense formation of reinforcing bars for the core strutures and columns, which are not present in the photos. All these leave me mystified.
chewys no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:30 AM   #1266
v-8ras
Whizkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewys View Post
A single news report is interesting, but does not necessarilly prove that construction of the 720m tower - as we know journalist do make mistakes. Are there other sources, like from the architect, developer, or even the local government development approval etc, about the building?

Photo evidence that's being displayed indicates concrete structural works being undertaken at basement level. Is the foundation completed? If there are deeps foundation like caissons, piers or bored piles, then one could see heavy reinforcing bars sticking out, especially around the core areas. So far, there is liitle evidence of it. If the building is to be constructed of raft foundation, it will be very interesting, considering the height of the building. Even then, one would be able to view photos of dense formation of reinforcing bars for the core strutures and columns, which are not present in the photos. All these leave me mystified.
The reasons for no official reports from the developer or the architects too have been discussed at length here. This is how it works in India where Skyscrapers are considered evil. Apparently Mumbai forumers cannot go to the site more often to take pics. The last pictures were taken almost two months ago. Regular updates would be possible only after this comes above the ground level. As for the tower leaving you mystified, thats true. Take a look at the thread tag!
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:36 AM   #1267
Master of Disguise
Punjabi for Life..!!!

Likes (Received): 459

Humn.....I might be going to Mumbai next week....If I do...will get all the material you guys need....all info, pics etc etc....

iQuest Real Estate

New Delhi - NCR, INDIA
Master of Disguise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:55 AM   #1268
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewys View Post

I do agree things related to the foundations you are talking about are the only ones that have not been explained yet enough. And I was thinking about this as well. But you do agree that the shape of the concrete works fits perfectly with the plans of the 720m tower. If I remember right someone said that mumbai have strong bedrock very close to the ground level which is also related to the fact that there is no slurry wals at the deeper part of this huge hole, maybe that also has something to do with the foundations. I think this is quite common to have low-diameter piles in such circumstances. For example I have never seen huge piles in any of the new yorks ground zero projects. Maybe this case is the same and we missed the time when piles were visible since there is almost no updates for this tower. But I do agree it is strange that on the begging there was just flat concrete slab whith no vertical rebars sticking out of it. Hopes someone can explain it for us. I too would like to hear some reasonable explanation of all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Disguise View Post
Humn.....I might be going to Mumbai next week....If I do...will get all the material you guys need....all info, pics etc etc....

Yes, Yes, Yes! You will be hero of the month then

Last edited by patrykus; February 7th, 2011 at 09:16 AM.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #1269
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Oh that spire is huge I still love this building
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #1270
larven

Likes (Received): 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
But I do agree it is strange that on the begging there was just flat concrete slab whith no vertical rebars sticking out of it. Hopes someone can explain it for us. I too would like to hear some reasonable explanation of all that.
Another flat concrete slab, not unlike what is at the bottom of this site.

larven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #1271
iamtheSTIG

Likes (Received): 4542

Looks IMPRESSIVE!!!
The design looks futuristic, and the spire goes well with the design, and not just plonked on the top

Check out my Instagram

Nottingham Interactive Development Map
iamtheSTIG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #1272
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

the foundation was completed that fast? o_O
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #1273
v-8ras
Whizkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
the foundation was completed that fast? o_O
If you're referring to that pic above, Thats a different foundation.
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #1274
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by larven View Post

Hmm, India Tower didn't have even fraction of the vertical rebars burj had in your picture:

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #1275
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-8ras View Post
If you're referring to that pic above, Thats a different foundation.
now i see that its burj khalifa haha
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #1276
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soroban View Post
Is you crazy? Then, CTBUH is wrong? The pics are photoshop, Plans are lies, blablabla...
Wake up!!!! Go work!!!

Skyscraper Craze Rages On, Led by AsiaRecord number of high-rises completed last year; more expected this year01/26/2011
By Nadine M. Post

A AHistory keeps disproving predictions that the supertall skyscraper, as a developer’s building type, was destroyed when the two 110-story towers of New York City’s World Trade Center went down. Last year alone, 66 towers taller than 200 meters opened their doors, breaking the 2007 record of 48. Of these, eight are taller than 300 m, according to the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, which is the keeper of the tall-building flame. CTBUH predicts 97 more 200-m-plus high-rises will have ribbon-cuttings next year, including more than 20 taller than 300 m, which the group dubs “supertalls.”

“Immediately following the events of 9/11, many believed we had seen the end of tall buildings as a viable proposition for our cities moving forward,” says Antony Wood, executive director of the Chicago-based CTBUH. “But the unprecedented international boom in high-rise buildings since then shows that the predictions were starkly wrong.”

(...)
As far as construction goes, most of the tall-building activity is in Asia and the Middle East. Mumbai can claim the tallest building under construction: the 720-m India Tower. The listed year for completion of the mixed-use building is 2016. Number two in planned height is the 632-m Shanghai Tower, also a mixed-used building and listed as having a 2014 completion year. CTBUH gives a 600-m minimum height for Shenzen, China’s Ping An International Financial Center Tower One, listed as reaching completion in 2015. But the structural designer for Ping An, New York City-based Thornton Tomasetti, reports it will rise to 660 m.

(...)

https://enr.construction.com/enginee...aspx?cid=16817
You need to read exactly what I've wrote. I did not mentioned words like lies or that pictures are photoshoped.The current pictures are the only proof there is Not one core and saying that there are 3 well ..there's nothing else that I can say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
Giovani kun is trolling for a fight, and you all are falling for it miserably. Report his first post to the moderators so he can be banned and move on.
First of all my fist post is not a spam or trolling I was only emphasizing facts that at the present moment saying that there are 3 cores for example is a false statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-8ras View Post
Are you even serious? A Cricket stadium? Which cricket stadium needs a core? Where you live, do they start off by building the core first and then dig a hole?
Thant is exactly my point there is no CORE AT THE MOMENT when you see one please let me know.

Thank you all , Have a great day

Last edited by giovani kun; February 7th, 2011 at 09:41 PM.
giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #1277
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 96

Hurts to be wrong.

I too did not see a possibility that there could be a 720 meter building on this tiny site, surrounded by crappy buildings. But after looking at the photos, I had to admit that there is a triangle shaped foundation being built that fits the description and plans for this building. Will it be 720 meters tall when finished? I don't know. It makes no sense that Indians believe skyscrapers are evil, and then go on a building spree. Only time will tell...
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 01:53 AM   #1278
chewys

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by larven View Post

That should be the ground or basement slab. For a structure of such magnitude or height, there has to be some sort of drilled piers in the foundation, to anchor the building firmly to the rock substrata.

On the India Tower, my thinking is that the foundation works on the main structure has not yet started when then photos were taken. That explains why there are not starter bars sticking out. It will probably be raft foundation, but drilled piers may still be required to anchor the building to firm rock substrata.

Anyone knows what the building wil be used for? What's the estimated cost and who will be backing and financing this project, for it is a huge commitment.
chewys no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:16 AM   #1279
HappilyINSANE
HappilyINSANE

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
&

Quote:
As far as construction goes, most of the tall-building activity is in Asia and the Middle East. Mumbai can claim the tallest building under construction: the 720-m India Tower. The listed year for completion of the mixed-use building is 2016. .

Im thinking that the journalists above are possibly getting their info from this site??

Then its definately not proof of anything!!
HappilyINSANE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:30 AM   #1280
Soroban
Ah! Megami-Sama fan

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappilyINSANE View Post
&

Im thinking that the journalists above are possibly getting their info from this site??

Then its definately not proof of anything!!

Feb 2011????

CTBUH: Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat

http://buildingdb.ctbuh.org/index.ph...ilding_id=9199

India Tower

facts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also known DB Tower
city Mumbai

country India
status under construction
use residential / hotel / office
proposed 2010
start of construction 2010
completion 2016

About CTBUH:

Founded in 1969, the Council’s mission is to disseminate multi-disciplinary information on tall buildings and sustainable urban environments, to maximize the international interaction of professionals involved in creating the built environment, and to make the latest knowledge available to professionals in a useful form.

The Council is an international not-for-profit organization supported by architecture, engineering, planning, development and construction professionals. The CTBUH is the world’s leading body in the field of tall buildings and the recognized source of information on tall buildings internationally. It is the arbiter of the criteria upon which tall building height is measured, and thus the title of “The World’s Tallest Building” determined.
Soroban no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
mumbai, norman foster