daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 16th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #121
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 2715

Hi res.pic
http://www.archiportale.com/immagini...1.jpg?102,0166

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2007, 07:45 PM   #122
cello1974
BANNED

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.sercan.de View Post
That is a high high resolution pic!!!!
cello1974 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 11:57 PM   #123
Gaeus
500-Internal Server Error

Likes (Received): 87

I wonder why India is not trying to construct more highrises like China or UAE? This is the only Indian Supertall I know in this section.
Gaeus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 12:02 AM   #124
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6524

only for now, i guess there will come much supertalls in the future for india

Highcliff liked this post
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 12:35 AM   #125
TheGlobalizer

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeus View Post
I wonder why India is not trying to construct more highrises like China or UAE? This is the only Indian Supertall I know in this section.
Bureaucracy, I imagine. Indian "red tape" is legendary.
TheGlobalizer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 02:29 AM   #126
walli
BANNED

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
I believe there are a couple in Hyderabad, but your comments is still valid in general.
walli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 06:02 AM   #127
sx1

Likes (Received): 5

Wow this looks amazing,although would like to see some construction pics.Most of the bldgs in Mumbai are ugly,so this will be like a breath of fresh air.
sx1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2007, 09:40 PM   #128
walli
BANNED

Likes (Received): 27

Update?? Construction pics??
walli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #129
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

i can't remember we got 1 UC-pic until now

Old November 29th, 2007, 03:43 AM   #130
sequoia

Likes (Received): 3

sequoia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 07:32 AM   #131
Kailyas

Likes (Received): 7

Look great especially if the purpose is for Hotel.
Old January 18th, 2008, 09:23 PM   #132
shivy

Likes (Received): 0

Information provided by Jai: World Architecture News says that the hotel is now under construction, the site has been prepared. In 2 years mumbai will have it first supertall
shivy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #133
bhopalus

Likes (Received): 11

i thought this was just a proposal. it's actually getting built? i can't find a single UC pic anywhere on the internet...
bhopalus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:39 PM   #134
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhopalus View Post
i thought this was just a proposal. it's actually getting built? i can't find a single UC pic anywhere on the internet...
read the first page and the title. according to that it is UC.......but it is indeed a pity we've no UC pics

Old February 10th, 2008, 11:48 AM   #135
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

I also can't find UC pics. but on worldarchitecturenews.com they are saying that the tower is named : India tower. and it has 60fl etc :

Construction starts on FXFOWLE's 60 storey tower in Mumbai
Construction has started on India Tower, a new 60-storey (301 meters) world-class hotel, retail, and residential tower designed by FXFOWLE ARCHITECTS, an internationallyrecognized architecture firm with offices in New York City and Dubai. Located in South Mumbai, India, and developed by D B Hospitality Private Limited, India Tower combines architectural design excellence, environmental responsibility, and high-end shopping, dining, and entertainment options to create a dynamic new destination for local residents and international business and leisure travelers. The developer is committed to making India Tower a United States Green Building Council (USGBC) LEED Gold-rated project, setting a high standard for future architecture and design projects in the country. Construction is expected to be completed in 2010.

"Our approach to designing India Tower centered on creating a premier international hotel, retail, and residential tower within India’s emerging new economy," stated Sudhir Jambhekar, AIA, LEED, Principalin- Charge of FXFOWLE's International Studio in New York City. "The tower’s architecture is timeless and prominent with a design that respects India’s rich history, but looks to the future. Once complete, India Tower will be a new symbol of prosperity and pride for the country.”

India Tower is located in the prestigious South Mumbai coastal area fondly referred to as the Queens Necklace. The tower’s rotated form emerges in response to the 3-acre (1.2-hectares) site, the building’s functional requirements, and its mixed-use program that changes with each rotation of the tower. This circulation pattern separates retail, a custom-designed residential-style Park Hyatt hotel and serviced apartments, and long-lease and duplex penthouse condominium apartments within a sustainable network of green roofs and hanging gardens to create a singular, landmark building with panoramic views of South Mumbai and the Arabian Sea.

The design concept for India Tower was informed by Mumbai’s climate, the site, and the desire to create distinctive indoor and outdoor spaces with optimum views, inspirational settings, and personalized contemporary accommodations for all users. Designed to have the least possible impact on the environment, the tower will integrate current innovative sustainable systems and technologies throughout the building – solar shading, natural ventilation, daylighting, rainwater harvesting, and green interior finishes and materials – to make it one of the greenest skyscrapers in India.

India Tower’s 3-story podium will include restaurants and cafés, luxury-brand retail stores, a health/fitness club with a swimming pool, and a nightclub/lounge. The podium’s light-colored granite, glass, and stainless steel design complements the tower’s upper floor facades, which are a combination of off-white aluminum panels and insulated glass operable windows. Sited under the podium are three levels of below-grade parking for 650 vehicles as well as designated retail and hotel service functions.

The Park Hyatt hotel, known for first-class locations and accommodations, will brilliantly combine elegance and dramatic architecture to provide cultivated travelers privacy, personalized service, exclusive spa and dining experiences, and impeccable quality during their stay. When arriving at India Tower, Park Hyatt guests will be directed to the Sky Lobby (levels 30-35) to check-in, then descend to levels 14 through 28 to their hotel residences. Each hotel residence level will have 10 to 11 guest rooms, all with spectacular western views of the Arabian Sea. Levels 5 to 12 will feature three Park Hyatt hotelserviced apartments per floor.

India Tower’s long-lease apartments will be located on levels 38 through 50, and will feature stylish and spacious two-story living spaces that have been specially designed to take full advantage of the expansive views from this height. Levels 52 to 59 of the tower will house one-of-a-kind duplex penthouse condominium apartments with unparalleled panoramic views. The upper floors of these remarkable apartments will turn along an internal staircase to allow for multiple views and a 360-degree perspective of South Mumbai and the Arabian Sea

source : http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com...upload_id=1829
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2008, 12:40 PM   #136
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Likes (Received): 79

Yeah, the tower is officially named India Tower.

Can the mods please re-name the thread title?

Thanks
Jai
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2008, 12:40 PM   #137
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Likes (Received): 79

Yeah, the tower is officially named India Tower.

Can the mods please re-name the thread title?

Thanks
Jai
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 10:11 AM   #138
dreadathecontrols
unregistered

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Its a misguided question.
.Nations do infra projects .talls are not infra.Nations dont construct supertalls,companies do.And when the market , ie when there is enough demand from multi nationals indian & non indian for big office towers they'll go up like in china.
Right now its almost exclusivly big residential & the odd tall hotel going up in india.Its only 12 months or so so the law was repealed in mumbai to allow more tall construction
Old February 12th, 2008, 04:58 PM   #139
Densetsu
Non-registered User!

Likes (Received): 129

i love its shape
boxes are one on the top of the other
Densetsu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008, 03:23 AM   #140
KB335ci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

::deleted::