daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 12th, 2011, 02:01 AM   #1521
jaadu

Likes (Received): 39

New update at the Indian thread !!

All credits to CoolGuyz for the pic ...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=889

The black crane was sued to assemble the red crane and now has been removed as per the observation of "coolguyz" who took the pic !!

Last edited by jaadu; April 12th, 2011 at 02:06 AM.
jaadu no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2011, 02:23 AM   #1522
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Lol, it seems some of us are a bit too excited. It just has been posted few days ago. Somone just marked the black crain on it and repost.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 02:27 AM   #1523
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 1131

Nice update there. Yeap, that looks like a crawler crane that was used to erect the tower crane, which will self erect from now on as the building gains height. The second tower crane looks pretty close to the first one.

It's a very congested site, I am a bit surprised by the apparent lack of concrete retaining walls in the foundation pit. I had thought that this part of Mumbai had a fair bit of loose urban fill which is usually bad news for deep foundations.

Anyways, awesome to see the site buzzing.
Ajaypp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 02:27 AM   #1524
Soroban
Ah! Megami-Sama fan

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaadu View Post
New update at the Indian thread !!

All credits to CoolGuyz for the pic ...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=889

The black crane was sued to assemble the red crane and now has been removed as per the observation of "coolguyz" who took the pic !!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1483
Soroban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #1525
jaadu

Likes (Received): 39

oops .. My mistake .. at least some more people saw it :P
jaadu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 12:38 PM   #1526
Martijn1
Martijn1

Likes (Received): 727

Strange construction site with all those poor buildings on the side. You would expect a clear building site when such a large tower is to be constructed?
Martijn1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #1527
anujkb
Man at work!

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaypp View Post
Nice update there. Yeap, that looks like a crawler crane that was used to erect the tower crane, which will self erect from now on as the building gains height. The second tower crane looks pretty close to the first one.
True. I think each wing will have its own tower crane, maybe a third red tower crane may also follow.

But what are those white cranes? i think they are concrete booms and not cranes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaypp View Post
It's a very congested site, I am a bit surprised by the apparent lack of concrete retaining walls in the foundation pit. I had thought that this part of Mumbai had a fair bit of loose urban fill which is usually bad news for deep foundations.
there are piles driven all along the tnrie periphery... see photo. there must be hard strata encountered there.. and hard strata for mumbai is usually deccan basaltic.. which is anyways very awesome. (though with huge dips of 20 deg)

just a thought- this building might sway by as much as 2 metres at the extreme top due to its height and proximity to tidal winds!!!!!
anujkb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #1528
Lordpenguinton
penguins: mmm tasty

Likes (Received): 21

Hey atleast the hotel in North Korea was almost fully built. This project sounds like someone selling oceanfront property in Arizona. It's no big deal if they don't build it. Plenty of supertalls have been put on hold or just completely cancelled over the past few years, look at the hole in Chicago for example. It just seems to me on this thread people are really trying to convince everyone else that a 2362 foot skyscraper is really being built on this site right now.
Lordpenguinton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 03:57 PM   #1529
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1153

What does it look like to you? A condo development? Charity center? This isn't some shitty place in the US which nobody cares about, this is probably the most prime location in Mumbai/India right now, naturally everything will be built till the end. And I don't understand the Ryugyong being mentioned here. You're comparing a suppressed nation of North Korea to the emerging powerhouse which is on it's way to be the #2 world economy? Haters will still hate, I guess .
Just relax, grab your popcorn and watch the show, as they say.
krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 06:22 PM   #1530
MelboyPete
Proud Melbournian

Likes (Received): 197

Just my opinion but is this tower going to look so 'out of place' in relation to it's surrounds in these pics ?
MelboyPete no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #1531
krkseg1ops

Check the Mumbai thread, there's plenty of supertalls/skyscrapers under construction
Old April 12th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #1532
patrykus

I believe he was talking about direct surroundings of the tower. And Yes, it will look quite odd if they won't change it. Just imagine that kind of ruined buildings just next to Burj Khalifa's entrance..

Last edited by patrykus; April 12th, 2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old April 12th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #1533
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Yes, the white painted pieces of equipment are boom placers for pouring concrete and they would be rising with the floor forms.

This building is located in a prime part of one of the World's biggest cities, which is fast becoming the #3 or #4 global financial hub. Mumbai is not a huge slum like some people seem to mistake it for. It's a vibrant urban hub which is probably one of the few places in the world which could actually sustain multiple super-tall buildings without having to dip into public coffers or end up building empty speculative projects. There is fundamental social and economic growth to support real estate development, so let's not waste time in idle speculation about the drivers behind projects in India.
Old April 12th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #1534
aksstar
Epic

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelboyPete View Post
Just my opinion but is this tower going to look so 'out of place' in relation to it's surrounds in these pics ?
That's right. But I think, with the real estate market booming and high demand, more super tall structures will come into the surrounding area. It's only a matter of time. Mumbai is cramped for land and space and with the projected demand, this area (known for it's tourism and popular city spot) will get developed. Only question is how fast.

It is time to bring transparency and accountability to the system and install effective mechanisms to fight corruption.
aksstar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #1535
RiSHi

Likes (Received): 129

as per this photograph posted by India101 in indian subforum

India tower comes up some where around red circle shown in below photograph and from marine drive it will definitely look nice with other towers in back ground ..

copyright - abodh
upload By rishi_som at 2011-04-12
RiSHi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #1536
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Agree with that. Moreover, the entire area is seeing a massive urban redevelopment wave with most of the sprawling mill plots getting built up into high-rise projects. In pretty short order, by the time this one tops off, the area would be looking far less run down than it seems at this time.
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #1537
krkseg1ops

I'm pretty sure by the time this will have been finished, there will be plenty of highrises and skyscrapers around. When they started building BK, there was literally nothing around
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #1538
patrykus

Well thats the point. It was easy to build around the burj while there was nothing but empty desert. Here things will be more complicated since people from surrounding buildings won't necessarily be all ready to move, and some of these old buildings would stay just directly next to the tower. And next means just meters from it. That will make quite a contrast.

Unless ofcourse developer have allready some more or less legal plan to resolve this. Time will tell.
Old April 13th, 2011, 12:05 AM   #1539
aksstar
Epic

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiSHi View Post
as per this photograph posted by India101 in indian subforum

India tower comes up some where around red circle shown in below photograph and from marine drive it will definitely look nice with other towers in back ground ..

copyright - abodh
That doesn't look too bad actually, now that I look at it from this vantage point. I can't wait for more high rises to come in this area, the entire sea front will change.

It is time to bring transparency and accountability to the system and install effective mechanisms to fight corruption.
aksstar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 03:54 AM   #1540
India101

Likes (Received): 2632

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiSHi View Post

copyright - abodh
That picture must be 5 or 4 years old. There are quiet a few more highrises since then.
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
mumbai, norman foster