daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:31 PM   #1701
sammyk

Likes (Received): 34

I wouldn't judge someone on their post count. He could be Mr. One Liner.
sammyk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:33 PM   #1702
jaadu

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricManchurian View Post
Party's over, time for a lock. It was always too good to be true.
WHY ?
jaadu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:38 PM   #1703
evioive

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Long time lurker here but, weren't you the same user who trolled this thread quite some time ago with your tired China vs. India Bull$&*#? I mean really now, try not to be so apparent with your motivations will you?

And how about we leave the decision whether to lock this thread or not to the moderators, shall we?
evioive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:52 PM   #1704
Soroban
Ah! Megami-Sama fan

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
everytime i come to this thread its doom and gloom. let me know when its worth visiting. jeez
Until now, you only came here to play stones and importune who are trying to keep the focus. If you can't help, then don't disturb.
Soroban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:03 PM   #1705
OldKool
Muaah!

Likes (Received): 1280

till the updates come enjoy this song!
OldKool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:12 PM   #1706
murlee
ВANNED

Likes (Received): 5923

lol..
murlee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:35 PM   #1707
b3ta
Carvaka

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Bah not China vs India nonsense again ? Please stop trolling.

I was talking about a hypothetical future scenario if DB Realty gets investigated

Construction is still ongoing according to the last update (last week). I am just reporting relevant ongoing news developments.
b3ta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:06 PM   #1708
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6880

LOL only you guys are the ones mentioning China. The facts are, the company is under investigation, Mumbai government in general isn't in favor of skyscrapers, and the height/purpose is ludicrous. There's demand for residentials, but not massive office skyscrapers in Mumbai, just yet. Give it 10 years and there'll probably be several 400m in Mumbai, but a 720m anywhere is generally uneconomic and unlikely to be built in an already established city (i.e. one that does not need it to be "put on the map").
BarbaricManchurian está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:41 PM   #1709
sixsigma1978

Likes (Received): 178

Flagging mods on this entire series of pointless discussion.
Guys - please keep this civil - the rewards for mindless trolling is only deletion!!
sixsigma1978 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:02 PM   #1710
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

There is already too much invested into this project, it's essentially too big to fail, even if DB Realty is under investigation I still think the project will go on, even if it means under new management.
hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:21 PM   #1711
b3ta
Carvaka

Quote:
There's demand for residentials, but not massive office skyscrapers in Mumbai, just yet. Give it 10 years and there'll probably be several 400m in Mumbai, but a 720m anywhere is generally uneconomic and unlikely to be built in an already established city (i.e. one that does not need it to be "put on the map").
lol I guess I will have to be more careful with posting the news and my personal diatribe against the Indian government policies here cuz people seem to draw unreasonable conclusions.

The only real fact that matters is that construction is still ongoing.This was the last update on April 27 (six days ago)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savz View Post
101, i have been told by some local residents that the construction team faced lots of issues with water at the base, due to which many collapses occured, and thereby the rebuilding work slowed drastically and hence they are still at ground level. Nevertheless they havent given up and now they are at a much better stage than what it might have been before.

Another update i had from the local resident there, is that DB has been trying its best to have more space by rehablitating the neighbouring buildings near the site but residents arent content with the area being offered to them, hence we see the space so cramped up for such an extravagant tower. But he went on by saying that there a few building (a couple of them) that you see in the pic above behind the tower which will be giving way to more space in time to come. I personally feel that all these neighbouring building would be demolished and residents would be offered a gr8 amount.

The place on which the construction is happening belonged to a single resident who stayed there since many years and the property was sold to him for approx.30 crores. I am not sure of all that he told me, but just wanted to share this with you and all the guys out there.
b3ta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:20 AM   #1712
flyinfishjoe
Mangalorean

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
LOL only you guys are the ones mentioning China. The facts are, the company is under investigation, Mumbai government in general isn't in favor of skyscrapers, and the height/purpose is ludicrous. There's demand for residentials, but not massive office skyscrapers in Mumbai, just yet. Give it 10 years and there'll probably be several 400m in Mumbai, but a 720m anywhere is generally uneconomic and unlikely to be built in an already established city (i.e. one that does not need it to be "put on the map").
You make a good point, but your analysis is hardly reason enough for a lock.
Old May 4th, 2011, 05:02 AM   #1713
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyk View Post
I wouldn't judge someone on their post count. He could be Mr. One Liner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soroban View Post
Until now, you only came here to play stones and importune who are trying to keep the focus. If you can't help, then don't disturb.
Hi guys.
Cul is the guy who posts the best progress drawings out there, for many projects.
He is a long time member (and moderator at one time) who has contributed to many threads on the forum.
He has more than earned the right to post here ... besides, he has a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3ta View Post
lol I guess I will have to be more careful with posting the news and my personal diatribe against the Indian government policies here cuz people seem to draw unreasonable conclusions.
Hi b3.
I asked in my last post if you have any proof of the bribery you posted about.
I guess it was just your "personal diatribe" ?
That's cool ...

I don't care to get involved in all the hate going on, to do with the pointlessness of this project being in India.
I could care less if it was being done in Antarctica ...
It's a fantastic design with world class height.
I'm happy for India and I hope this project comes to fruition.

Ray.
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #1714
sanjug
BANNED

The 85-storey tower is informed by distinctive indoor/outdoor environments and the desire to optimise the panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
sanjug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:25 PM   #1715
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
There is already too much invested into this project, it's essentially too big to fail, even if DB Realty is under investigation I still think the project will go on, even if it means under new management.
Interesting opinion, but compare this to the level of investment and construction of the Chicago Spire. All foundation and piling/underground work was done, a lot of units were pre-sold and it was stopped. Nothing is "too big to fail". Completely different reasons for stopping work? Yes, absolutely. I too hope they find a way, unlike Chicago.
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #1716
jaadu

Likes (Received): 39

We are having a completely useless discussion .. the work has not stopped as per the Mumbai forumers and we had pics last week too ... so why the hell are we discussing this !!! If teh work is on hold or stopped then we should talk about it !!
jaadu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #1717
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 96

!!! WE can discuss anything we want !!!! (construction related!)
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #1718
thicken

Likes (Received): 14

looks really nice
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #1719
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapernab2 View Post
Interesting opinion, but compare this to the level of investment and construction of the Chicago Spire. All foundation and piling/underground work was done, a lot of units were pre-sold and it was stopped. Nothing is "too big to fail". Completely different reasons for stopping work? Yes, absolutely. I too hope they find a way, unlike Chicago.
I think the difference is that Mumbai's demand for office space is only getting higher, so even if in the unlikely scenario that this project is put on hold, plenty others will step in to take it over. The chance of this tower being abandoned is essentially zero.
hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 02:35 AM   #1720
RandomNameTag
Skyscraper fan

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
I think the difference is that Mumbai's demand for office space is only getting higher, so even if in the unlikely scenario that this project is put on hold, plenty others will step in to take it over. The chance of this tower being abandoned is essentially zero.
It won't get canned, but a change in plans or a height reduction is a definate possibility.
RandomNameTag no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
mumbai, norman foster