daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 16th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #1801
psychedelic

Likes (Received): 1393

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephantony View Post
For what use the India tower is constructed????
Mumbai wants a bigger ***** than Shanghai.
psychedelic no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #1802
India Rocks
Skyscraper Lover

Likes (Received): 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychedelic View Post
India Rocks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #1803
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 96

I want pictures.

10 foot high wall = camera on a stick.
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #1804
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

exactly, you people of India have to be little bit more crative if you are too shy to go to the neighbour apartments to get a shot.

We in Warsaw have just two towers of significant height u/c. And even though they are "just" 160 and 190 meters we literally gets daily updates. Damn, if we would have such a tower in in our cuntry beeing build, ssc would get almost live photo stream from the site. And in India it seems Coolguyz is the only person with digital camera
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #1805
aksstar
Epic

Likes (Received): 1

^ I suspect it has to do with the fact that there isn't much to report/update. Work is probably being done at turtle pace and thus the lack of incentive to update. You have to understand it takes (6x) longer for things to be done in India. This is just a reality and most often does hinder progress.

It is time to bring transparency and accountability to the system and install effective mechanisms to fight corruption.
aksstar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #1806
Scrapernab2

Doesn't matter. One picture a day, by someone who walks, bicycles, minivans, taxis, flys over/near the site. (only 1.3 billion Indians)
Old May 16th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #1807
sammyk

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapernab2 View Post
Doesn't matter. One picture a day, by someone who walks, bicycles, minivans, taxis, flys over/near the site. (only 1.3 billion Indians)
Then you will get complaints that the picture is the same everyday.

Why not just wait?
sammyk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #1808
Scrapernab2

I don't complain about other construction sites that show too many pictures.

Why not just find a way?
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:27 PM   #1809
gunslinger

Likes (Received): 552

It's great to finally see it under construction. The design in my opinion is just perfect - there is nothing to add, nothing to сut off, plain straight geometry slicing through the space into the abyss.
gunslinger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 02:04 AM   #1810
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 551

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychedelic View Post
India tower's design is too sharp to resemble a *****....Just saying...But I agree Shanghai tower has a pretty broad tip...lol

Quote:
I agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
It's great to finally see it under construction. The design in my opinion is just perfect - there is nothing to add, nothing to сut off, plain straight geometry slicing through the space into the abyss.
I couldn't have explained that better...That's exactly how I feel about the structure...

Last edited by dunefreezer; May 17th, 2011 at 02:10 AM.
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 02:50 AM   #1811
SirAdrian
♥ Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
So right you are, i'm so excited about the shape. Imagine this thing standing there one day in the hazy Indian sun, the huge angled polygons picking up the environment. Burj Khalifa has got nothing on this imo.

Godspeed, India!
[IMG]http://i52.************/2uz874p.png[/IMG]
SirAdrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 05:32 AM   #1812
yangkhm

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
I don't complain about other construction sites that show too many pictures.

Why not just find a way?
many pictures posting, just its progressing, but sometimes, pictures posting are not so difference......

Romantic Music
yangkhm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:31 AM   #1813
shreyansh

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
I would be surprised even if a million knew about this project
shreyansh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:44 AM   #1814
India101

Likes (Received): 2632

I doubt even 500,000 Indians know about this project. And of that 5 of them have ever bothered going down to the site.
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:41 AM   #1815
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by India101 View Post
I doubt even 500,000 Indians know about this project. And of that 5 of them have ever bothered going down to the site.
Well if you have it, you don't have to necessarily flaunt it. I suspect that the culture in India is a bit more modest that some of the other places where skyscrapers are flaunted more like expressions of manhood than architectural statements.

IMHO, it is better to wait and see construction progressing, at whatever pace is appropriate, than make grandiose claims and only end up with holes in the ground and often not even that.

There have been plenty of tall claims in India and elsewhere (some of them eminently laughable), so better safe than sorry. That said, looks like this one is headed north for sure. As in the case of the Palais Royale, I am sure the updates will start pouring in once it rise above ground level, which should take a few weeks or months.

Gentlemen (and any ladies), I am sure you will all agree that this building is definitely worth the wait!
Ajaypp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #1816
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Chicago Spire, Russia Tower, Nakheel Tower. Seem like another project join the club of great unfinished towers .

Stop work on Marine Lines project: Govt
MUMBAI: The state government on Monday instructed the Wakf Board and the BMC to immediately issue a stop-work notice to a project being constructed by the D B Hospitality at Marine Lines in south Mumbai.

This is the second major D B Hospitality project that the state has put the brakes on. A few days ago, the government cancelled the extra FSI granted to a D B project in Pune.

Officials said the work has been stopped because the project did not have the go-ahead from the Wakf Board. "State minorities minister Arif Naseem Khan has instructed BMC officials to ensure that constructions at the south Mumbai project are immediately stopped," a senior Mantralaya official said. The directive was given at a Mantralaya meeting attended by a Wakf Board representative, the charity commissioner and BMC and law and judiciary officials. They were reviewing the sale or lease of 130 Wakf properties in the city for which the charity commissioner's office had allegedly granted clearance in violation of rules. Though the south Mumbai project was not part of the 130 properties, but the matter cropped up during the meeting. A D B spokesperson, however, did not comment on whether the plot was a Wakf property or not.

He also denied that there was any illegality. "The property in question was bought in 1994 in a Bombay HC auction. The bids were submitted in the HC on September 28, 1994, and the highest bidder, Suresh Estate Pvt Ltd, deposited the amount on October 4, 1994. The property was transferred to Suresh estate on October 11, 1994. D B bought the land in 2005 from Suresh Estate Pvt Ltd and the conveyance deed was signed in 2006. D B Hospitality has all the necessary documentary evidence to support it," the spokesperson said, though he had nothing to say about the government's main contention that it was a Wakf property.

"The B Hospitality project is coming up on the Mohammed Ali Mohammed Hussain Roagi Trust land. The BMC's building proposal department gave the go-ahead for the construction despite no permission from the Wakf Board," a Mantralaya official said.

"On March 15, 2011, the Wakf Board wrote to the BMC commissioner, urging him to immediately stop the work on its plot. But the BMC did not take any action," he added. TOI was the first to report on how the charity commissioner's office, ignoring the rule book, granted permission to nearly 130 Muslim trusts to sell or lease their properties.

Khan, at the meeting, also instructed the Wakf Board to invoke Section 52 of the Wakf Act that empowered the board to cancel irregular deals and take back property. "The law has given powers to the board to acquire back its land. An inquiry has been ordered in the irregularities by the office of the charity commissioner. Disciplinary action will be taken against erring officials," Khan added.

source: http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...-wakf-property
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #1817
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8232

oh noes
KillerZavatar está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #1818
v-8ras
Whizkidd

Likes (Received): 73

Too early to say that this is the final death knell. These types of issues have cropped up even earlier. I recall the construction of the Imperial back in the early 2000's. We had reports like this almost weekly saying that the project could be scrapped.

Also, now I guess people might know why this project has been shrouded under secrecy for so long! :P
v-8ras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 05:37 PM   #1819
Bombay Boy

Likes (Received): 12

the waqf board thing is a minor issue. maybe even a non-issue. even ambani's tower was built on waqf land

but db has much more serious issues. a cloud will be hanging over this till both the two top guys are in jail or the project is sold off to a cash-rich developer
Bombay Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #1820
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 1131

Trouble with Wakf board properties is a common issue in many cities like Mumbai and Hyderabad. As long as DB has all the right papers, the courts will rule in their favor if it comes to that. However, I wonder if this is all a fall out of the 2 G scandal.
Ajaypp no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
mumbai, norman foster