daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 4th, 2011, 05:54 AM   #1861
MattToronto
Less is More

Likes (Received): 97

The lack of pictures of any apparent progress is what is leading most forumers to be skeptical of these facts. In the words of the internets "pics or it didn't happen".

Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2011, 07:09 AM   #1862
Master of Disguise
Punjabi for Life..!!!

Likes (Received): 459

Yaar, this project is kept secret due to some reasons which I have already told to Indian posters....there's some reason.....I am involved in this project ...in a small way though and have the confirmation that this project is still ON...and will go ahead as planned....

iQuest Real Estate

New Delhi - NCR, INDIA
Master of Disguise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #1863
deekshith
DELETED

Likes (Received): 1764

Cross posting from Mumbai sub forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiansUnite View Post
Some info on the tower's concrete and steel work + a better render of the tower from Doka's website

India Tower, Mumbai - 130 completely different casting sections

The India Tower in Mumbai will rank among the world’s tallest buildings. As on the Burj Khalifa before it, Doka’s high-performing SKE automatic climbing technology will set the pace on this project as well

Doka is underlining its strong market position in the high-rise sector with a slew of exceptional new projects that are all destined to join the list of the world’s tallest buildings. Among the next supertowers to rise with the aid of Doka climbing technology are the India Tower in Mumbai, the Lotte Super Tower in Seoul, the CMA Tower in Riyadh and the Lamar Towers in Jeddah. Join Doka on a trip that truly “reaches for the sky”: every week, a different project in this high-rise series will be presented exclusively on the Doka website.

With well over 100 storeys, the India Tower will rank among the tallest buildings anywhere in the world. Developer DB Hospitality has around 42 months in which to complete the hotel storeys, luxury apartments and retail space of this mixed-use development. To be sure of keeping to this tight timetable, the contractors hired only the world’s best – because in terms of the formwork-engineering challenge involved, the three CIP concrete cores of the India Tower will put even Burj Khalifa in the shade. Whereas the formwork on Burj Khalifa ‘only’ had to be readjusted every 30 storeys, on the India Tower the three cores taper continually and change their inclination four times in all – meaning that the formwork will need to be readjusted in every single storey. The over 130 casting sections in the vertical, all of them with different dimensions, thus mark a new formwork-technology world record – and an unprecedented challenge that will take some ‘rising to’. A further difficulty results from the need to incorporate massive steelwork for the slab floors and the exterior facade: these ‘superdiagonals’ (colossal steel-girder constructions of up to 2 m in diameter) have to be integrated into the CIP concrete cores in five different locations. However, the hard-won knowledge Doka gained on the Burj Khalifa helped it to devise an optimum solution for this building as well.

2785 m² of formwork and three concrete placing booms in a single lift

No fewer than 2785 m² of Large-area formwork Top 50 will have to climb hydraulically from one casting section to the next, with no crane assistance. To make the ‘CIPC core forming machine’ independent of the progress of work on the floor-slabs, the 3 concrete placing booms will also be directly integrated in the system. By the time the final climbing sections are reached, the formwork will comprise only a few hundred square metres. To adapt the formwork with no need for time-consuming modifications, telescoping platforms will be used. These can be pushed into one another (‘telescoped’) in a few simple steps, while any projecting formwork can be shortened by pre-planned segmentation of the elements in question.

173 automatic climbers SKE will serve as the lifting mechanism for the formwork, platforms and concrete placing booms. Some key details of the Doka formwork solution, such as the Shaft profile SKE100 (a combination of a rising scaffold and a bracket) and the steel-reinforced inside corners of the Large-area formwork Top 50, were developed during the 30-month forming assignment on Burj Khalifa. This optimised system has been designed to carry out the extraordinarily high number of casting steps reliably and in top quality.

The Doka project manager responsible here, Martin Hörlesberger, was in charge of the climbing formwork on the Burj Khalifa: “The entire progress of work on the building depends upon our ‘machine’ functioning smoothly. The decision to use the Doka SKE system means that the longest possible time will be left for that most labour-intensive of all jobs – installing the rebar.”
deekshith no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #1864
..devil..

Likes (Received): 2

this thread needs to be removed from here.
..devil.. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 11:05 PM   #1865
Soroban
Ah! Megami-Sama fan

Likes (Received): 33

this user needs to be removed from here
Soroban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #1866
Dirty new yorker

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by deekshith
Cross posting from Mumbai sub forum
I hope it looks like that not the one that looks like a bunch of piled up blocks by a freakin 2 year old
Old June 5th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #1867
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8230

will this be the biggest spire ever build?
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #1868
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

I don't know what you consider the spire in Burj Khalifa for example, but if everything above the highest floor (not occupied) is a spire then Burj Khalifa spire is 190 meters and India Tower 199 meters, just 9 meters longer

Anyways still the highest spire is being build in Poland and its named Warsaw Spire. It will be 220 meters high
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #1869
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8230

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
I don't know what you consider the spire in Burj Khalifa for example, but if everything above the highest floor (not occupied) is a spire then Burj Khalifa spire is 190 meters and India Tower 199 meters, just 9 meters longer
figured burj khalifa would also be near

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Anyways still the highest spire is being build in Poland and its named Warsaw Spire. It will be 220 meters high
good one
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #1870
charles54
ARCHITECT

Likes (Received): 39

so now the tower is 130 flrs?
charles54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #1871
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 551

Not sure.....Cuz some sources say 125 floors, others 135 floors, I guess someone just picked an average between the two for the recent sources...;D
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 01:27 AM   #1872
rigatoni

Likes (Received): 0

What I like about this is that it's sort of the inverse of Jin Mao - it accelerates at it goes higher rather than getting "smushed."
Old June 6th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #1873
Theta1
BANNED

Great news to know that the project is still on, Mumbai really needs something like this. Not just for Mumbai but India, India has already shown the world they can get things done on time and under budget like the Delhi Metro and the Delhi International Airport.
Theta1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 09:57 AM   #1874
coxgomyl

this project is not on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Disguise View Post
Yaar I have the confirmation on this.....the project is on and will be resuming construction ....

Why are we talking on this....

Not sure where you have your information from but i know the Australian guys who were employed by DB group and they have been given notice and the project is shelved we were bidding for some work on the tower and we have been told officially its dead
coxgomyl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 10:56 AM   #1875
Master of Disguise
Punjabi for Life..!!!

Likes (Received): 459

humnn...lets see as of now this projects is ON.....got info from a reliable source.....They don't have any plans to stop it...

iQuest Real Estate

New Delhi - NCR, INDIA
Master of Disguise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #1876
sathya_226
DIPLOMAT

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxgomyl View Post
Not sure where you have your information from but i know the Australian guys who were employed by DB group and they have been given notice and the project is shelved we were bidding for some work on the tower and we have been told officially its dead
Hmm.. in my knwoledge and from reliable sources, DB as of now has not employed any australians and they have employed only people from SA, Belgium, Korea and USA... From where did u get this info?
sathya_226 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #1877
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3182

I woundn't trust anyone with only 2 posts
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #1878
India101

Likes (Received): 2632

This is getting annoying now

Someone saying this is going ahead, the other saying it is on hold or ancelled. Let's just wait for someone to visit the site before we jump to a conclusion.
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #1879
coxgomyl

Coxgomyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by India101 View Post
This is getting annoying now

Someone saying this is going ahead, the other saying it is on hold or ancelled. Let's just wait for someone to visit the site before we jump to a conclusion.
Guys maybe you want to check our website out www.coxgomyl.com we are the worlds largest provider of building maintenance equipment in the world and we have been following this project for 4 years i personally have been at Fosters Architects discussing the project and there were 4 Australians who all worked on the Burj on the India Tower Project so i do know what i am talking about also i was on site and saw the Tower Cranes from Wolf being erected. So the so called guy who says he knows what is going on does not know any more than me , for sure i dont know if the project is going ahead but it is frozen at the moment and if i could find a way to post a photo then i could send you one on site
coxgomyl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #1880
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 381

Liked the design a lot hope to see it rising.
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
mumbai, norman foster