daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old November 16th, 2007, 06:09 AM   #661
GOL2007

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
^It's hard to believe that these will be starting up in only a few weeks from now.
I wonder which tower will start up first. Most likely Tower 4.
Don't expect too much, do you remember how long the foundation for the Freedom Tower went on. It won't begin rising soon... but construction is better than a pid of mud!

Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2007, 06:32 AM   #662
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

^Actually, as stated by Larry, these will be built as fast as possible. The foundation for these will be only a fraction of what it took for Freedom Tower.
Ebola no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2007, 06:47 AM   #663
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
^Actually, as stated by Larry, these will be built as fast as possible. The foundation for these will be only a fraction of what it took for Freedom Tower.
Tower 4 and 3s foundation footprint is more defined in the site than say 1WTC which needs to be put over railroad tracks and is connected to a giant concourse which needs to rise with the building as it gets out of the bathtub. 2 WTC though I think may take a bit longer than the other 2 but definitely not longer than 1 WTC (no railroad tracks, less concourse)
ramvid01 no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2007, 09:43 PM   #664
Ebola
BANNED

Also, 1WTC had all of those delays and didn't go anywhere for a long time until recently.

These towers won't have any delays. Towers 4 and 3's foundations should be completed by around June or July.
Ebola no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2007, 11:00 PM   #665
TICONLA1
Hirise Piping Man

Likes (Received): 121

I had heard somewhere that tower 4 will start first, as soon as the PA completes the excavation and "bathtub" walls.
Old November 21st, 2007, 09:39 PM   #666
Ebola
BANNED

Construction starts on Jan. 2 according to the NYsun

They will be starting up Towers 3 and 4, and I doubt that foundation work will take much longer than five or six months. Larry stated that they will be going up as fast as possible.
Ebola no está en línea  
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:17 PM   #667
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

great to hear . and i'm sure they'll rise fast, no doubt!
ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:34 PM   #668
zerokarma

Likes (Received): 12

Awesome!
zerokarma no está en línea  
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:54 PM   #669
stealt

Likes (Received): 5

great !!! wtc rising from the ashes
Old November 21st, 2007, 11:57 PM   #670
TICONLA1
Hirise Piping Man

Just as I had hoped for, three towers going up at once, by next summer there will be thousands of construction workers on this site.
And with the transit terminal, and the memorial construction, this is going to be a sight to behold, showing the world we can and will rise from the ashes
Old November 22nd, 2007, 12:14 AM   #671
-Corey-
Je suis tout ā vous

Likes (Received): 5222

Finally

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea  
Old November 22nd, 2007, 12:15 AM   #672
MDguy

YAY!!!
MDguy no está en línea  
Old November 22nd, 2007, 12:34 AM   #673
nygirl

Likes (Received): 430

When does tower 2 begin construction?

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea  
Old November 22nd, 2007, 01:29 AM   #674
Ebola
BANNED

Still in June.
Ebola no está en línea  
Old November 22nd, 2007, 03:56 AM   #675
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

http://www.nysun.com/article/66833
Port Authority Races To Avoid Ground Zero Penalties[

By GRACE RAUH
Staff Reporter of the Sun
November 21, 2007

To avoid penalties of $300,000 a day, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is racing to finish work on the east side of the former World Trade Center site by the end of the year. Real estate industry experts are skeptical it will be able to meet the January 1 deadline.

Following the redevelopment agreement struck in April 2006, the Port Authority, which owns the property, is in charge of excavating and building slurry walls along the eastern portion of the site to prepare it for the construction of three large office towers being developed by Silverstein Properties. If the Port Authority does not finish the work by the end of the year, it will have to pay $300,000 each day to Silverstein Properties, which leased the World Trade Center site six weeks before it collapsed.

Construction workers for the Port Authority are now working 10-hour shifts to prepare the site, with two shifts of workers Monday through Saturday. Some additional work also is taking place on Sundays, but not at the same level as the rest of the week, a spokesman for the Port Authority, Steven Coleman, said

The president of the Real Estate Board of New York, Steven Spinola, said the Port Authority is working "extremely hard."

"There is a shot they will make the deadline," he said in a recent interview.

Another downtown development official said it is "unlikely" the Port Authority, a bi-state agency controlled by appointees of the governors of New York and New Jersey, would prepare the site before deadline.

Mr. Coleman wrote in an e-mail message that the Port Authority's "plan remains to deliver the site on December 31."

The developer, Larry Silverstein, yesterday announced that his company had hired the Yonkers Contracting Company to build the foundations for the two office towers, a move that could put more pressure on the Port Authority. In a news release, Silverstein Properties said it expects to begin work on January 2, and a spokesman for the company said the company had received no indication that the work would be delayed.

The first of the two office buildings to be built along Church Street, known as Tower 2, is designed by architect Fumihiko Maki, and the city has a tentative deal to lease 600,000 square feet of office space from the developer. The second tower to be built, known as Tower 3, is designed by Lord Richard Rogers and is slated to rise about 1,050 feet and contain about 2 million square feet of office space. Both are scheduled for completion in 2011.

The World Trade Center project director for the Silverstein Properties, Janno Lieber, said in a statement that the company would keep to a tight schedule as it begins construction.

"As we have seen from the market, New York's economy urgently needs new first-class office space in order to retain jobs and maintain a competitive edge in the global economy," he said.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 03:58 AM   #676
DingoBingo
Es lebe RAMMSTEIN

Likes (Received): 15

Looks very nice. So is this going to be the new landmark for NY?
DingoBingo no está en línea  
Old November 22nd, 2007, 04:12 AM   #677
TICONLA1
Hirise Piping Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl View Post
When does tower 2 begin construction?
The june construction start on tower 2, means foundation work... correct...?

So (correct me if i am wrong) this means that by the end of next year, we should see steel above street level on all four towers.......???
Old November 22nd, 2007, 06:28 AM   #678
JACK NAPIER
"Think about the future!"

Likes (Received): 5

Here is another 14 million squarefeet of class-A office space in the financial district not including Goldman Sachs scraper either. It is really good to hear Silverstein say he will move as fast as possible to construct these dames, I hope as speedy as the GS tower.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 12:01 PM   #679
SCWTC4
NYC fan

Likes (Received): 89

great news

- ... And now no longer ! -
SCWTC4 no está en línea  
Old November 22nd, 2007, 12:21 PM   #680
Vanman

Likes (Received): 26

Some pics I took while I was in town.

Vanman no está en línea