daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:20 AM   #1261
backupcoolmen
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 173
Likes (Received): 6

can we get some pics of the progress
backupcoolmen no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:19 AM   #1262
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
 
buildmilehightower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Posts: 3,421
Likes (Received): 240

either that you can just look around the whole site by your self.

http://www.earthcam.net/users2/inter...2&clientid=158
buildmilehightower no está en línea  
Old September 3rd, 2008, 08:50 PM   #1263
Tag_one
Registered User
 
Tag_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nieuwegein/Holland
Posts: 695
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by backupcoolmen View Post
can we get some pics of the progress
No problem, WTCrising.com was updated today so I can make you happy

Big progress on the T4 site. Concrete pouring and rebar installation has begun for the foundations of the tower. Construction has started on the fuel cells underneaths the building as well:




World hardest rocks (Manhattan Schist) in one of the caissons for T4:


Yesterday an other milestone was reached in the WTC rebuilding process, the first structural steel for the memorial was erected:




For more images check out www.wtcrising.com
Tag_one no está en línea  
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:32 PM   #1264
Jamandell (d69)
Skyscraperholic
 
Jamandell (d69)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 2,829
Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrench8456 View Post
Do you have a trailor with wtc2 in it i cant find one.
My computers being crappy right now so I can't access trailers etc...but it's in cinema's now should you wish to see it for yourself. It was an ok movie.

I'm just surprised no-one else mentioned it to me! I thought all the skyscraper geeks on here (like me) would be "OMG"ing over it.
Jamandell (d69) no está en línea  
Old September 3rd, 2008, 11:53 PM   #1265
Ebola
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,658
Likes (Received): 94

New



Too bad so many new skyscrapers are missing from that model, but I think it's just for the WTC and close firends.
Ebola no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2008, 12:04 AM   #1266
backupcoolmen
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 173
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag_one View Post
No problem, WTCrising.com was updated today so I can make you happy

Big progress on the T4 site. Concrete pouring and rebar installation has begun for the foundations of the tower. Construction has started on the fuel cells underneaths the building as well:




World hardest rocks (Manhattan Schist) in one of the caissons for T4:


Yesterday an other milestone was reached in the WTC rebuilding process, the first structural steel for the memorial was erected:




For more images check out www.wtcrising.com
thanks so much for that update, i am indeed happy now
backupcoolmen no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2008, 05:24 AM   #1267
Msradell
Always looking up
 
Msradell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 1,773
Likes (Received): 209

Can we please not re-post pictures when replying to a post that has them? It uses too much bandwidth and makes it very difficult to read the forum. We only need any given picture posted one time, not multiple times.
__________________
"Written using Dragon Naturally Speaking"
I've learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
Msradell no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2008, 08:26 AM   #1268
Skyscrapers 2009
NYC Skyscrapers Rule!!!!
 
Skyscrapers 2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 246
Likes (Received): 2

Great pics and thanks, nice to see some progress and I'm looking forward to the other towers rising off the ground.
Skyscrapers 2009 no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2008, 08:35 AM   #1269
webeagle12
Registered User
 
webeagle12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Albany
Posts: 1,740
Likes (Received): 415

great pictures love them

one question, what to heck is "fuel cells underneaths the building"?
webeagle12 no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2008, 09:52 AM   #1270
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
 
buildmilehightower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Posts: 3,421
Likes (Received): 240

WOW. those photos really different from what I can see in the HD webcam, where it looks like nothings being progressed, thanx tag one.
buildmilehightower no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2008, 11:02 AM   #1271
Tag_one
Registered User
 
Tag_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nieuwegein/Holland
Posts: 695
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by webeagle12 View Post
great pictures love them

one question, what to heck is "fuel cells underneaths the building"?
They'll place some hydrogen batteries underneath the building to reduce the amount of electricity the buildings of the new WTC take from the NY power grid. The hydrogen for the cells will be generated outside the city with the use of some wind mills.
Tag_one no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2008, 11:30 AM   #1272
velciane
Moderator
 
velciane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,293
Likes (Received): 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
Can we please not re-post pictures when replying to a post that has them? It uses too much bandwidth and makes it very difficult to read the forum. We only need any given picture posted one time, not multiple times.

Btw - your computer will only download the picture once even though its displayed multiple times in posts. It does make the size of the thread stretch out longer, but really... is the 2 extra seconds to scroll down kill you?


I am really excited to see the great pictures posted by people - and I really enjoy the close up shots from down in the actual site. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to post on here for our enjoyment!
velciane está en línea ahora  
Old September 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM   #1273
webeagle12
Registered User
 
webeagle12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Albany
Posts: 1,740
Likes (Received): 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag_one View Post
They'll place some hydrogen batteries underneath the building to reduce the amount of electricity the buildings of the new WTC take from the NY power grid. The hydrogen for the cells will be generated outside the city with the use of some wind mills.
thank you for explanation. I never knew that
webeagle12 no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #1274
wonwiin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag_one View Post
They'll place some hydrogen batteries underneath the building to reduce the amount of electricity the buildings of the new WTC take from the NY power grid. The hydrogen for the cells will be generated outside the city with the use of some wind mills.
This sounds like a marketing stunt. It would be more energy efficient and easier to feed and sell the electricity produced by the wind mills into the power grid and pay the extra amount of electricity needed in NY for the building .
wonwiin no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2008, 02:44 PM   #1275
Msradell
Always looking up
 
Msradell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 1,773
Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by velciane View Post
Btw - your computer will only download the picture once even though its displayed multiple times in posts. It does make the size of the thread stretch out longer, but really... is the 2 extra seconds to scroll down kill you?
If you were a little more understanding you'd realize that some people have handicaps that make things a little more difficult. Due to a temporary disability I am forced to use voice control to run my computer. So yes excessive scrolling is a pain in the you know what! We all like to see updated pictures but repeating them serve no purpose.
__________________
"Written using Dragon Naturally Speaking"
I've learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
Msradell no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #1276
Msradell
Always looking up
 
Msradell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 1,773
Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonwiin View Post
This sounds like a marketing stunt. It would be more energy efficient and easier to feed and sell the electricity produced by the wind mills into the power grid and pay the extra amount of electricity needed in NY for the building .
In addition it sounds like a huge safety and security issue. Hydrogen is extremely explosive and the transportation and storage of it in Manhattan will certainly increase risks.
__________________
"Written using Dragon Naturally Speaking"
I've learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
Msradell no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:27 PM   #1277
twilight_2008
Registered User
 
twilight_2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stourbridge, West Midlands
Posts: 1,328
Likes (Received): 1

In that model, its very disappointing, theres just a gap where 5WTC will be, there should have been 123 Washington Street on there as well, as well as Goldman Sachs, 99 Church Street (Which IMO should become 6WTC), and the other skyscrapers around the WTC.
twilight_2008 no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:37 PM   #1278
DodgyEye
Talk like a Pirate
 
DodgyEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 304
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
If you were a little more understanding you'd realize that some people have handicaps that make things a little more difficult. Due to a temporary disability I am forced to use voice control to run my computer. So yes excessive scrolling is a pain in the you know what! We all like to see updated pictures but repeating them serve no purpose.
But you were originally complaining about multiple image-posting taking up extra bandwidth. Velciane was just pointing out your error. Get off your high horse.
__________________
Touched by His Noodly Appendage
DodgyEye no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #1279
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha
 
buildmilehightower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Posts: 3,421
Likes (Received): 240

Isn't that wall behind the erecting steel only temporary wall for the freedom tower? but now it looks like that wall will be structural wall playing a role between freedom tower and the memorial.

buildmilehightower no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2008, 08:13 PM   #1280
Tag_one
Registered User
 
Tag_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nieuwegein/Holland
Posts: 695
Likes (Received): 6

No the wall is not temporary and will separate the memorial from the substructure of the FT. The wall also supports the arches of the east-west corridor
Tag_one no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu