daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 17th, 2007, 05:55 AM   #21
Kngkyle

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDleSsWaLtZ View Post
THis is the first time I'm hearing about this building. It looks great! Love the photoshop picture; nice work. I thought I was pretty much up to par with new constructions and proposals for Chicago... how the heck did this one slip past me?
It didn't slip past you. It's a brand new project. This topic was created pretty much the same time it was announced.
Kngkyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2007, 03:29 AM   #22
cheeps
BANNED

Likes (Received): 112

Is this building been approved by the city???
cheeps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2007, 04:02 AM   #23
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeps View Post
Is this building been approved by the city???
Not yet. Check the thread titles, they have info on the status of each project.
Old August 14th, 2007, 02:13 AM   #24
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Ladies and gentlemen, we have an anchor tenant (from SSP):

Quote:
Originally Posted by honte View Post
HINES/LEVY JOINT VENTURE ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR NEW 50-STORY

OFFICE TOWER ON PRIME RIVERFRONT SITE IN DOWNTOWN CHICAGO

(CHICAGO) – Hines, the international real estate firm, in a joint venture with Chicago entrepreneur and real estate investor, Larry Levy, has announced plans for a new 50-story, 1.1 million-square-foot office tower in downtown Chicago. The state-of-the-art building will be constructed in the West Loop on a prime 2.5-acre site along the Chicago River at Lake and Canal streets. The anchor tenant is expected to be Chicago investment firm William Blair & Company, which has signed a letter of intent to lease 325,000 square feet. William Blair, which would occupy three low-rise floors and 10 high-rise floors, has been located at 222 West Adams Street since 1994.

Construction on the building is expected to begin in late 2008 with a projected delivery date of June 2011. The Staubach Company represented William Blair & Company in the letter of intent negotiations.

“This building will be an iconic landmark marking the intersection of the three branches of the Chicago River. This corridor has become the preferred corporate and headquarters location for premier professional firms,” said Greg Van Schaack, a senior vice president at Hines’ Chicago regional office. “There is also the popularity of the West Loop submarket due to proximity to public transportation, retail, restaurants and housing. Hines is honored to have the opportunity to develop this tower for William Blair & Company, one of Chicago’s most prestigious firms.”

The office tower was designed by New Haven, Conn.-based Pickard Chilton Architects. The curved glass and metal clad tower will offer extraordinary views down the main branch of the Chicago River to Lake Michigan. In addition to advanced building systems, it will feature elliptical 25,000-square-foot floorplates, efficiently configured for maximum space planning flexibility for larger users. The key feature of the development is a 1.5-acre public park that will cover the existing rail tracks and offer a dramatic transition to a new river walk along the site.

“Hines has worked with us to customize a great headquarters solution for William Blair & Company in what will become a cornerstone of architecture and design along the Chicago River,” commented Steve Stratton, president of The Staubach Company’s Chicago office.

Hines’ development team will pursue LEED-CS (Core & Shell) certification from the U.S. Green Building Council, with the aim of achieving Gold status, which would establish the building as a major high-performance sustainable design development. Another Hines downtown Chicago office development currently under construction at 300 N. La Salle St. has achieved LEED-CS Gold pre-certification.

Hines entered the Chicago real estate market in 1981 with the development of Three First National Plaza. Its Chicago-area office portfolio of owned and managed properties currently exceeds 12 million square feet.

Hines is a privately owned real estate firm involved in real estate investment, development and property management worldwide. The Hines portfolio of projects completed, acquired and managed for third parties includes more than 950 properties representing approximately 380 million square feet of office, residential, mixed-use, industrial, hotel, medical, retail and sports facilities, as well as large, master-planned communities and land developments. With offices in 67 U.S. cities and 15 foreign countries, and controlled assets valued at approximately $16 billion, Hines is one of the largest real estate organizations in the world.

Highcliff liked this post
i_am_hydrogen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 02:15 AM   #25
Sentient Seas
Industrial Twilight

Likes (Received): 42

Nice design.
Old August 14th, 2007, 06:28 AM   #26
xXFallenXx

Likes (Received): 170

this thing looks sweet!!!
xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2007, 10:55 PM   #27
Retrograde
Chicago

Likes (Received): 4

August 17, 2007

Future home of 200 North Riverside Plaza.

Retrograde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 10:40 PM   #28
MDguy

heres another rendering

MDguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 05:59 PM   #29
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Originally posted by spyguy (the rendering accompanying the article is slightly different from the original):

http://chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/m...ticle_id=28887

High-rises, low profile
Hines' local exec is reshaping the Loop skyline in a decidedly un-developer-like way: quietly

By Eddie Baeb

You've probably heard of John Buck, Donald Trump and maybe even J. Paul Beitler. But Greg Van Schaack? The name of the city's busiest office developer isn't likely to ring a bell.

And that's okay with him.

New

Old
Old November 28th, 2007, 09:10 AM   #30
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28267

Nice. I like round shapes. I agree it should have a bit more slenderness.

Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 08:30 AM   #31
i_am_hydrogen
muted

This one is pretty much a go w/ William Blair as the anchor:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoago View Post
William Blair to lease at 200 N. Riverside Plaza
By Susan Diesenhouse | Tribune staff reporter
12:09 PM CST, December 19, 2007

In what will be one of the largest downtown office leases of the year, William Blair & Co. is expected to sign up this week for 325,000 to 350,000 square feet at a new $400 million tower to be built at 200 N. Riverside Plaza.

The 50-story high rise is being developed by a partnership of Houston-based Hines Interests LP and Chicago food-service entrepreneur Larry Levy. Gregory Van Schaack, Hines' senior vice president in charge of Chicago development declined to comment.

The 15-year Blair lease will start mid-2011 when the financial services firm is due to vacate its current office at 222 W. Adams St.
Old February 6th, 2008, 11:26 PM   #32
Lav8r

Likes (Received): 0

http://chicagorealestatedaily.com/cg...ws.pl?id=28038

Feb 4 article above states that William Blair, a Chicago investment bank, is expected to sign a long-term lease on 2/4 to anchor the building. Construction to start later this year. Any insight on official/expeted height? Also note the address is apparently changing to 444 W. Lake St.
Lav8r no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 11:29 PM   #33
Lav8r

Likes (Received): 0

For some reason the link in my previous post doesn't open - so I copied the article and posted it below fyi...

Feb. 04, 2008
William Blair to anchor new tower
By Thomas A. Corfman
(Crain’s) — William Blair & Co. LLC is expected to formally agree Monday to anchor a 1.1-million-square-foot office tower to be co-developed by Hines Interests L.P. along the west bank of the Chicago River, where the river branches north and south.

The Chicago investment bank in early August signed a letter of intent to lease what has become 340,000 square feet in the 50-story tower, which will have an address of 444 W. Lake St. After lengthy and sometimes tense negotiations, Blair this morning is expected to sign a long-term lease for the building, which is scheduled to be completed in June 2011.
Blair would be the first tenant for the proposed tower and is expected to be enough for Hines to begin construction later this year.
Blair would move from the former USG Building, 222 W. Adams St., where the firm leases 31% of the 929,000-square-foot tower. That building, renamed as part of the Franklin Center complex, is owned by an Australian investment vehicle managed by New York-based Tishman Speyer Properties L.P.
A Blair spokesman declines to comment. Greg Van Schaack, a senior vice-president in the Chicago office of Hines, and Steven Stratton, Midwest region president of Staubach Co., which represented Blair, did not return calls Monday morning requesting comment.
Hines’ joint venture partner in the project is restaurateur and developer Lawrence Levy, the longtime owner of the site. The Lake Street address replaces a North Riverside Plaza address that had originally been proposed for the property.
Chicago-based building leasing agent J. F. McKinney & Associates Ltd. represented Hines in the negotiations. Brian Whiting, a senior vice-president with McKinney, did not return a call requesting comment.
Lav8r no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 06:40 AM   #34
shivtim

Likes (Received): 64

Great news. This building will complement 333 W Wacker perfectly. Are there still plans for a second building located just west of this one?
shivtim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #35
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Another day, another deal. Hines is a dynamo. This project is now that much closer to starting construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
http://www.chicagorealestatedaily.co...ws.pl?id=29594

Baker & McKenzie plans to leave Prudential Plaza
By Thomas A. Corfman, May 28, 2008

Giant Chicago-based law firm Baker & McKenzie has signed a nonbinding agreement to move from Prudential Plaza in the East Loop to a new skyscraper along the west bank of the Chicago River to be developed by Hines Interests L.P.

Michael S. Smith, a real estate partner in Baker’s Chicago office who has helped lead the firm’s search for new offices, referred questions to a spokesman. In a brief statement, the law firm confirmed the letter of intent, saying negotiations are under way to take 250,000 to 300,000 square feet.
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #36
Cojapo

Likes (Received): 50

To bad they can't get Boston's South Station Tower out of the ground. I know it's more of an economic indicator of how things are in Boston, but god it would be nice to see it rise!
Good for Chi-Town, though.
Yes, I am pretty jealous!
Cojapo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:11 AM   #37
Second City
Loyola University

Likes (Received): 3

I love this project! Can't wait until they start building it.
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:57 PM   #38
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

great news, this one will be a perfect addition to chicago

ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #39
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

That's indeed great news. Nice design and filler
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 06:57 AM   #40
i_am_hydrogen
muted

This project has been approved by the Planning Commission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post

Tags
chicago, chicago river, hines, river point, riverwalk, wolf point