daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 12th, 2007, 11:18 PM   #181
Billpa
Beer is a Tasty Treat

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
Where's the painted stripe on the left side?
It looks like the lefthand lane just sort of ends at the (shiny) crash barrier. No wonder they want them to be so shiny. You might die at night if you couldn't see it.
Billpa no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:20 PM   #182
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
and what is so special here? just an usual motorway without well maintained horizontal signalization passing threw absolutely usual, almost boring landside
Yeah, it´s nothing special you patriot, you even can´t say if something is good and the motorway IS GOOD, and looks better than average IMO, but to each his own. Notice that there are no lines in the middle that show how they marked the middlestrokes. And as you said altough the landscape is boring and flat the motorway is built higher than the landscape and that i like.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:25 PM   #183
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Oh Verso, i am sorry i can´t deliver you the shiniest motorways of the world, still the Struma motorway is shiny, the rainpic does it show properly, especially when it rains the crashbarriers get cleaned and lighten up again.

http://gat3way.fcdunav.com/southeast/s07.jpg

and did you forget this pic, here you can see it better how the motorway looks like as bgrs has a good canon camera and not an bad Kodak.
What's wrong with the left, unshiny crash barrier?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:28 PM   #184
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Yeah, it´s nothing special you patriot, you even can´t say if something is good and the motorway IS GOOD, and looks better than average IMO, but to each his own.
and how would you describe French A40/A41, Italian A10, A12, A7 and A26, Swiss motorways, lightened Belgian ones, Dutch A7 at Afsluitdijk or Danish and Portuguese motorways' bridges, if Struma is breathless?!?
Quote:
Notice that there are no lines in the middle that show how they marked the middlestrokes.
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:35 PM   #185
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
What's wrong with the left, unshiny crash barrier?
Verso, are you too dump or too patriotic, it is not unshiny this http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2...jska056ky3.jpg ******* ugly motorway is unshiny, it is just dirty at the moment and as you can see on my wikipedia photo of the very same position that the middle barriers are shiny, they get cleaned regularly, as teh whole motorway, i saw it myself and some girl told me that also, and after rain they are cleaned and lighen up again.
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:38 PM   #186
Verso
Islander

Quote:
I don't think you know what motorway is, cuz that's not motorway.
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:40 PM   #187
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
I don't think you know what motorway is, cuz that's not motorway.
oh sorry i just saw it, but it doesn´t matter
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:42 PM   #188
Verso
Islander

I'm sure keber is skilled enough to explain to us why that crash barrier is so 'beautiful', but not that it matters, as I never claimed it was beautiful in the first place. But anyway, when the second half is added, I'm sure it will become all horny.
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:43 PM   #189
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

That has to be some special Struma valley rain, that cleans supershiny barriers. In real world, rain with combination of traffic usually makes barriers even more dirty.

And also, right is shiny, left is unshiny. How the hell rain chooses, which barrier will he clean?
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:44 PM   #190
Verso
Islander

That was supposed to be my next question.
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:55 PM   #191
radi6404

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._to_greece.jpg

Okay, is the middlebarrier unshiny or shiny on this pic? Just tell me that? I give a ******* shit how it became shiny, since the pic of bgrs was taken arround March, mine was taken on April. I dohn´t knwo with what it have something to do. On that pic it also can be seen that the emergency lames are very wide not as Chris spreads bullshit arround, maybe his car is too wide for the emergency lames but the lorry on that pic isn´t too wide, i don´t know what he has to do there

Last edited by radi6404; July 13th, 2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:11 AM   #192
keber

Just tell me only one sane reason, why crashbarriers should be shiny? I don't see any advantage of it.
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:37 AM   #193
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Just tell me only one sane reason, why crashbarriers should be shiny? I don't see any advantage of it.
I can tell you the advantage, with reflective markings and shiny barriers it is a way saver ride than without these things, besides that it looks thausand times better also. But when i travelled on the Struma motorway at night everything lightened and there was no problem to see the road. Do you know how it is to drive on this Autobahn? I will take pics when i will drive on that thing at night.
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:53 AM   #194
keber

Hm, reflective markings must be something new in Europe.

And I still don't see, how safer can be shiny barriers. Do they hold bigger force at crash? NO. They are only more expensive, nothing else.

And yes, of course I know Autobahn driving in the night. Very safe.
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:57 AM   #195
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

But why do we see only those 3-4 bad pictures of the Struma motorway? Give us some more photos, those are really bad!
snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 01:03 AM   #196
Verso
Islander

Quote:
I think he was referring to the Struma ("this Autobahn").
Old July 13th, 2007, 01:09 AM   #197
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by snupix View Post
But why do we see only those 3-4 bad pictures of the Struma motorway? Give us some more photos, those are really bad!
My pics aren´t bad, i posted other pics, too, i will pick them out, wait a minute, i will upload all pics i have, finding pics of that motorway is impossible.

crappy cellphone pic

the old 10 im motorway part of the E-79 national road arround Blagoevgrad, the only difference to otorway is that it hasn´t emergency lames.

Middlemarkings are still missing on these pics but they were taken on April, i heard they worked on the motorway on May, i hope they added the middlemarkings, it looks even better with them.

Last edited by radi6404; July 13th, 2007 at 02:01 AM.
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:16 AM   #198
radi6404

Quote:
Hm, reflective markings must be something new in Europe.

And I still don't see, how safer can be shiny barriers. Do they hold bigger force at crash? NO. They are only more expensive, nothing else.

Keber, all motorway markings are reflective because they have some glass inside of them and they reflect the headlights, and you want be skilled?... Also the shiny crashbarriers abviously reflect everything at night so it is brighter fo rthe driver and saver.
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:26 AM   #199
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

Good to see some more photos, but I'd prefer to see the motorway, pictures showing the road ahead, not just the barriers. And some road signage, too.

ps. I prefer grass or at least risen medians, I think it gives a "safer feeling". And one can see on the pictures that this sand spreads all around on the pavement, which is bad.
snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:41 AM   #200
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by snupix View Post
Good to see some more photos, but I'd prefer to see the motorway, pictures showing the road ahead, not just the barriers. And some road signage, too.

ps. I prefer grass or at least risen medians, I think it gives a "safer feeling". And one can see on the pictures that this sand spreads all around on the pavement, which is bad.
But ow do yu want to erase the sand, i don´t have pics of the signate, there´s a very awesome yellow big sign at the end of the motorway i think and a uber dimensional sign which says that the strets get´s partly financed by the EU at the end of the motorway near Sofia. I don´t know how the sand can be removed, i hate it also, fortunately the most of the motorway is built higher than surroundings so sand can´t get so easily on the motorway just where it passes through the mountains there is sand. I msut take a pic of the ******* awesome yellow sign at the end of the motorway.

PS. I like that there´s no grass on the motorway, with that the motorway differes from other motorways and loks more futuristic.

Edit. The pics are of very bad color and contrast because i didn´t edit them yet and the Kodak camera i have did take them with little contrast.

Last edited by radi6404; July 13th, 2007 at 02:47 AM.

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia