daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 23rd, 2008, 05:32 PM   #2141
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
4.571 or 4,571 ... was it necessary to explain that ?!?
No,I was asking if it was the length or the designation of the segment(from x-th km until y-th km)...but is seems it was neither. Sorry for the stupid question...
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2008, 07:30 PM   #2142
terente

Likes (Received): 0

hey guys. what is the best (safest) route by car, for a foreigner, from varna/burgas to simeonovgrad? or dimitrovgrad. thanks
terente no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:18 PM   #2143
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18768

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
No,I was asking if it was the length or the designation of the segment(from x-th km until y-th km)...but is seems it was neither. Sorry for the stupid question...
I should have copied it like 4.5 from the newspaper The "whoreson" government thinks that it can impress us by pointing out the exact lenght in meters

Quote:
Originally Posted by terente View Post
hey guys. what is the best (safest) route by car, for a foreigner, from varna/burgas to simeonovgrad? or dimitrovgrad. thanks
From Varna to Burgas you must use the national road [E 87]. It should be upgraded to Cherno More Motorway [A5] in the distant future. For now only 10 km. after Varna are with motorway profile. from Burgas to Dimitrovgrad you should take Trakia Motorway [A2] and when it ends after Karnobat take [E773] to Stara Zagora. From Stara zagora [E85] will lead you directly in Dimitrovgrad.

Last edited by Turnovec; December 23rd, 2008 at 08:24 PM.
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:58 PM   #2144
terente

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
I should have copied it like 4.5 from the newspaper The "whoreson" government thinks that it can impress us by pointing out the exact lenght in meters

From Varna to Burgas you must use the national road [E 87]. It should be upgraded to Cherno More Motorway [A5] in the distant future. For now only 10 km. after Varna are with motorway profile. from Burgas to Dimitrovgrad you should take Trakia Motorway [A2] and when it ends after Karnobat take [E773] to Stara Zagora. From Stara zagora [E85] will lead you directly in Dimitrovgrad.

thanks, that's helpful. i'm coming from constanta(romania). how about if I enter by Ruse, then veliko tarnovo - stara zagora?

my thinking is if i minimize the distance traveled in bulgaria, where i don't speak the language etc. might be safer from detours/accidents/fake policemen etc.
terente no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:27 PM   #2145
Turnovec
-----------

Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo - Stara Zagora is a good option too. "The Republika" pass ; Veliko Tarnovo - Kilifarevo - Gurkovo has been opened for the winter. They still haven't finished the full reconstruction of its all lenght from the north side , but 4/5 of it has been rehabilitated and widened to 3x1 or 2x2, so it's defenetely the best place to cross Stara Planina from North to the South.
Old December 27th, 2008, 08:20 PM   #2146
paF4uko
Blow the Horn!

Likes (Received): 753

National road 4 near Antonovo, 24/12/2008:

Uzana - Gabrovo road, 27/12/2008:

National road 55 near Veliko Tārnovo, 27/12/2008:

Entrance of Veliko Tārnovo from national road 55, 27/12/2008:

Južen pāten vāzel, Veliko Tārnovo, 27/12/2008:

Landscape seen from the Hęmus motorway near Varna, 27/12/2008:
Old December 28th, 2008, 11:26 PM   #2147
just4ivaylo

Likes (Received): 87

Damn...I didn't even know there was such a section on SSC.
just4ivaylo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2009, 06:41 PM   #2148
paF4uko
Blow the Horn!

Hęmus (A2) entering Varna. The billboard on the right, over the road, says "Welcome to our city"

Photo by Hristo256
Old January 22nd, 2009, 11:25 AM   #2149
Turnovec
-----------

Some photos of the opened in the biggining of December Koritna Junction on the cross road of [E83] Sofia - Russe and [E772] Sofia - Varna National Roads.

thanks to LG from gtsofia.info

Old January 22nd, 2009, 03:46 PM   #2150
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

that looks brilliant
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 03:40 PM   #2151
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Great junction, but was it really necessary? I'm assuming that more sections of the Haemus Motorway will be constructed towards Varna soon, and it must also have a ramification towards Ruse.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 03:45 PM   #2152
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
Great junction, but was it really necessary? I'm assuming that more sections of the Haemus Motorway will be constructed towards Varna soon, and it must also have a ramification towards Ruse.
No, it wasn“t necessary, but the Struma motorway, the marica motorway and the Trakia motorway are necessary, but the idiots don“t build any of them which is quite incredible, that“s why each nationalroad on those routes has very busy traffic and heavy accidents quite often.

Last edited by Radish2; January 23rd, 2009 at 03:57 PM.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:28 PM   #2153
bozata90

Likes (Received): 50

Well, the motorways are also necessary, but this junction was an urgent priority. That is exactly the place, where Hemus (western part) ends and the road divides in two very important major junctions - nat. road 3 to Ruse and nat. road 4 to Varna (both cities are in Bulgaria top 5 by population). The problem was that if one travelled from Varna to Sofia, he had to merge into road 3 from the left (both roads were 1+1 until this junction was built). So that meant he had to wait. And in the summer or in the day just before the end of the holidays (any kind of them) the typical waiting time was 10-15 minutes for a 1km stretch. I hope this junction will change the things soon.

PS - wyqtor - the actual planning for Hemus is to be built somewhere in 2014 - 2015. For now the AADT of this section (not in the summer and holidays) is about 11000-12000 - surely not enough to justify a motorway. There are mor urgent priorities - like Marica and, especially - E79 to Greece (Struma, AADT 27 000).
bozata90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #2154
paF4uko
Blow the Horn!

WOW, I propose independence of northern Bulgaria then! You guys don't realize that while 4 motorways are U/C in southern Bulgaria, we have only 80km between Varna and Šumen built and some 10km south of Varna which aren't part of the Černo more motorway any more, because they changed the project in order to avoid Varna-Center.
People from northern Bulgaria also have the right to travel safe and fast, because they are also paying taxes to the very same state as you do. A2 is a very important project because it links the major cities in this part of the country and its realization is crucial for the economic development of the northern regions.
Old January 24th, 2009, 06:53 PM   #2155
bozata90

Quote:
Originally Posted by paF4uko View Post
WOW, I propose independence of northern Bulgaria then! You guys don't realize that while 4 motorways are U/C in southern Bulgaria, we have only 80km between Varna and Šumen built and some 10km south of Varna which aren't part of the Černo more motorway any more, because they changed the project in order to avoid Varna-Center.
People from northern Bulgaria also have the right to travel safe and fast, because they are also paying taxes to the very same state as you do. A2 is a very important project because it links the major cities in this part of the country and its realization is crucial for the economic development of the northern regions.
I haven't said that Hemus is not needed, I said it's just not desperately needed. I have relatives who live in Gabrovo and travel almost every month on Hemus, but the congestion of the road between Yablanitsa and Sevliavo is not at all comparable to the congestion of the Pernik - Kresna section for example (try driving there on Friday and you will understand what I mean). What I say is that Bulgaria needs priorities in its motorway construction plans. I don't know what is the actual condition on the Tarnovo - Varna stretch, but building an overcapacity road is not the best opportunity for the same country you and I are paying taxes to. Maybe they should consider a half-motorway and fill the gap this way.
On the other hand some north-south roads (esp. Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo) the traffic is rapidly growing - maybe the government shall construct these motorways/expressways first...
Old January 24th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #2156
paF4uko
Blow the Horn!

The priority should be equal opportunity for development of all Bulgarian regions and not fast transit of Turkish gastarbeiters. You know people would rather invest their money wherever infrastructure is already present than at some place where they have to build it...
Old January 24th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #2157
bozata90

Yes, but why not building half-motorway (like in Serbia, Croatia, Poland etc.) instead of whole, when there is no traffic requireing such. My personal opinion is that it is better to rebuild most of Bulgarian roads as 2+1 with bypasses of the thousend villages on them, instead of constantly searching for money to build motorways, that we never actually begin to build (take trakia as an example0.
Old January 25th, 2009, 09:51 AM   #2158
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

when you try to figure the future aadt of haemus u should also take into account a part of the aadt of national road E83 yablanitsa-ruse.so you will get an aadt above 15000 for the future motorway.also the impact on the area it passes(quite a poor one) should be taken into account.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 01:25 PM   #2159
bozata90

I agree with you totally, but our government (or, if you prefer "the f***ing horesons" )does not plan to build this motorway soon, and I can do nothing about it... So - it is better to have such junctions, bypasses and other structures until it's build. After they will remain necessary, since the government plans introducing toll-based payment instead of the vignette system already working. That means that when Hemus becomes payed, the older road will still be used by the locals to travel medium distances - and bypasses and junctions will be really helpful.
For example I am wondering why nobody speaks of building a bypass of Tarnovo (either as a nat. road, or as a part of the future Hemus) - it's a great idea for everybody living in the city and will surely have a descent AADT...
Old January 25th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #2160
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
national road E83
Isn't the E83 a European route?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia