daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 25th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #2161
bozata90

Likes (Received): 50

Yes, the national road has number 3. Here is a short list of the most important ones:
1 - (RO) - Vidin - Vratsa - Botevgrad - Sofia - Pernik - Blagoevgrad - Kulata - (GR)
2 - (RO) - Ruse - Razgrad - Shumen - Varna
3 - (meges into 5) - Byala - Pleven - Yablanitsa - Botevgrad - (merges into 1)
4 - (merges into 3) - Yablanitsa - Sevlievo - V. Tarnovo - Omurtag - Targovishte - Shumen (merges into 2)
5 - (RO) - Ruse - Byala - V. Tarnovo - Gabrovo - Stara Zagora - Haskovo - Kardzhali - (future border CP: GR)
6 - Sofia - Karlovo - Kazanlak - Sliven - Burgas
7 - (RO) - Silistra - Shumen - "Petolachkata" - Yambol - Elhovo - (TR)
8 - (SRB) - Sofia - Ihtiman - Kostenets - Plovdiv - Haskovo - Svilengrad - (TR)
9 - (RO) - Kavarna - Varna - Byala (Varna region) - Burgas - Sredets - Malko Tarnovo - (TR)
As you see, the numbering of the North-South axes is generally odd (beginning from the West to East), while the East-West ones have even numbers (beginning from the more northern ones). Some of these axes have generally lower traffic than some nearby roads (for example: road 55 between Tarnovo and Nova Zagora is more used than road 5, because the road 5 goes trough a higher mountain pass ("Shipka") there).
bozata90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2009, 12:07 PM   #2162
Zaro
Just a freak

Likes (Received): 3122

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
Great junction, but was it really necessary? I'm assuming that more sections of the Haemus Motorway will be constructed towards Varna soon, and it must also have a ramification towards Ruse.
Yes, it was. I've travelled plenty of times in this direction and on my way back it takes several minutes to enter the road to Sofia from the road coming from Veliko Tarnovo - several minutes of waiting if the traffic is too heavy and then you have to be quick if you don't want to be dead.
We need as much such junctions as possible. Remember no money can buy back a lost life.
В известен смисъл мирогледът на партията се възприемаше най-безусловно от хора, които не бяха способни да вникнат в него. Тях можеха да накарат да приемат и най-грубите изопачавания на действителността, защото те не можеха да схванат напълно чудовищността на онова, което се изискваше от тях, и не се интересуваха достатъчно от обществения живот, за да забележат какво става.
"1984"
Zaro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 06:15 PM   #2163
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaro View Post
Yes, it was. I've travelled plenty of times in this direction and on my way back it takes several minutes to enter the road to Sofia from the road coming from Veliko Tarnovo - several minutes of waiting if the traffic is too heavy and then you have to be quick if you don't want to be dead.
We need as much such junctions as possible. Remember no money can buy back a lost life.
No, we need real motorways, or are we the only country that doesn┤t have motorways? But in Bulgaria pretty much is different to other countries including people saying Bulgarian women are the best altough they are far from the best, but that┤s typical patriotic behaviour which is bad for people living out of Bulgaria promising Bulgaria to be the paradise and when they come see how to get their money!!!
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 07:51 PM   #2164
paF4uko
Blow the Horn!

Likes (Received): 753

We're discussing motorways here not some nazi bullshit, nor women classification by nationality...
Old February 2nd, 2009, 09:41 PM   #2165
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by paF4uko View Post
We're discussing motorways here not some nazi bullshit, nor women classification by nationality...
I know, I jsut had the longing to show how many Bulgarians say that everything in Bulgaria is best.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:27 PM   #2166
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

I think you find this patriotic issue in every country (more-less).
It is a kind of competition, proudness or blindness. That is how we are. You should try a scandinavien country, they are the best (they think) and "unfortunatly" they have right in many cases of living.
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:54 PM   #2167
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
I think you find this patriotic issue in every country (more-less).
It is a kind of competition, proudness or blindness. That is how we are. You should try a scandinavien country, they are the best (they think) and "unfortunatly" they have right in many cases of living.
The best people are those who don┤t diss and generalize this or that country, and I am really angry and frustrated that in Bulgaria 70% probably think they are superior to the rest of europe. You know what, a very dumb professor said on the TV, Bulgarian mathematitians are the most intelligent and Bulgarian women the most beautiful. On the other hand I┤ve spoken with someone who has been in a lot of countries all over the world and he said, Bulgarian women have rather rough looking bones and structure, they have a balcan look which looks rough and eastern eoropean like and vulga, and if we are honest what he said is fact, some people like that, some not, but to generalize and say, we look best, we are most intelligent, our mountains are most beautiful, are seaside is better than an seaside in europe, is really extremly dumb.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 05:09 PM   #2168
bozata90

(off topic) I will explain it you - in the XIV century the Bulgarians were 2 million, the French - 2,2 million, and the English - 1,8 million (Gandev, Hristo. Factors of the Bulgarian renaissance. Sofia, 1983). In the beginning XIX cent. the Bulgarians were 3,5 million, the British on the Isles - about 40 million, and the French - about 35 million. The bulgarians were a great nation, and now they are small. Instead of talking about the past and how great we were, we have to live now and to think for the future.
So stop murmuring - we have to build decent motorways, not perfect ones.
Let's speak about roads here and about national pride in some other place.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 05:32 PM   #2169
autobahnracer

Likes (Received): 25

Talking about motorways, did you read in the National Road Infrastructure Fund website that webcams are going to be installed to survey the construction works of Lyulin motorway? ... In december it was mentioned that these cameras will be installed in january, ... If they are accessible thouout the web it will be interesting to sit and watch the construction of a motorway )
autobahnracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:01 PM   #2170
bozata90

Haven't heard about it, but with our politicians I seriously doubt it. They don't want anything to be done transparently, because they can not steal the money - that's why we don't have normal traffic enforcement cameras in Sofia (or they don't collect fines) or speed cameras anywhere on the motorways...
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:37 PM   #2171
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozata90 View Post
Haven't heard about it, but with our politicians I seriously doubt it. They don't want anything to be done transparently, because they can not steal the money - that's why we don't have normal traffic enforcement cameras in Sofia (or they don't collect fines) or speed cameras anywhere on the motorways...
exactly
Old February 4th, 2009, 01:18 AM   #2172
paF4uko
Blow the Horn!

Likes (Received): 753

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozata90 View Post
I don't know about Sofia, but I know it works in Varna for sure, because a friend of mine got his driving license off for 6 months because he crossed an orange blinking traffic light on an empty boulevard at 3 o'clock in the morning with 80km/h. He had it coming anyway...

Last edited by paF4uko; February 4th, 2009 at 01:23 AM.
paF4uko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #2173
autobahnracer

In Sofia is the same thing. Since october 2008 the cameras are recording this kind of violations and many people are having fines for high speeding or crossing at red light. This type of "greeting cards" are sent by the post with a very nice photo of your car violating the rules ))))) Just like in every "normal" country like Germany and France, for example. Moreover, this was said in december 2008, this means that for more that 2 months the photos were collected already and it was a "very cold shower" for people who like driving with 130km/h on "Tsarigradsko shosse" )))))
In fact, the have changed the law: before october 2008 the evidence collected for cameras couldn't be a proof for such type of sanctions, but this is not the case anymore. It seems to me that things are progressing a little bit, we are starting to have functionning laws and jurisdiction, not like before, when laws and rules were treated by SOME PEOPLE more like "recomendations".
Old February 4th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #2174
bozata90

OK, I agree that in Sofia there are such devices but so long they didn't prevent the occasional traffic light violations on many places (including the front of the Presidency - the Serdica station, I saw a lot of such cases even today). But I haven't heard of anybody fined on national highways...
Old February 5th, 2009, 06:33 PM   #2175
autobahnracer

On national roads and motorways in Bulgaria there aren't any cameras yet, as far as i know....
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #2176
bozata90

Ever wondered why? There are enough money (2 billion of budget surplus only for 2008) - 100-200 cameras are not worth more than 2-3 million...
Old February 6th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #2177
Rusonaldo
Autostrady Polska

Likes (Received): 12627

Hi. How many km motorway You have in Bulgaria (in oparetet) ??
Rusonaldo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:28 PM   #2178
autobahnracer

Not many...
Let me calculate those which are operational:

Struma motorway: 20km built ( of ~160)
Marica: ~35 km built ( of 110)
Trakiya: ~250 km built (of ~440)
Hemus: ~130km (of ~500)
Cherno more: ~10km (of ~100km)

This makes ~440 km of motorways.

Last edited by autobahnracer; February 6th, 2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #2179
Rusonaldo
Autostrady Polska

Likes (Received): 12627

Thanx
Rusonaldo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:34 PM   #2180
Radish2

The best stays the best: