daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 13th, 2007, 08:42 AM   #201
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Sorry, looking at pics, it seems that Struma motorway is really new, but far from being spectacular, just average. Hemus motorway looks way better.

Quote:
Keber, all motorway markings are reflective because they have some glass inside of them and they reflect the headlights, and you want be skilled?...
Then do not mention anymore those reflective markings in almost every your post. I'm very sure, that all highways and motorways in Europe, old or new, have them.

Quote:
Also the shiny crashbarriers abviously reflect everything at night so it is brighter fo rthe driver and saver.
Yeah, sure.

Last edited by keber; July 13th, 2007 at 08:49 AM.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:58 AM   #202
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

radi6404, only the first pic shows us what we wanna see. other don't show anything!
and we wanna see exits, knots, signs for exits - those are interesting things! not one big yellow sign

and how the hell do they put motorway into use while it doesn't have horizontal signalization finished!?
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:43 AM   #203
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
PS. I like that thereīs no grass on the motorway, with that the motorway differes from other motorways and loks more futuristic.
I wouldnt agree with you. To grey for my taste. It definitely doesnt look futuristic. It looks more opposite to me. I prefer nicely cut and well maintained grass.

Last edited by KHS; July 13th, 2007 at 12:07 PM.
KHS está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 11:07 AM   #204
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 751

I'm not convinced about the so called reflective markings. Generally they are only reflective when just layed. Within a year the reflective eliment is all but gone. If it rains the reflective quality is gone and the markings become all but invisible.
I prefer cats-eyes which remain reflective for many years and in all weather conditions (although I can understand that they don't use them in countries with snow fall in the winter as they interfer with the snowploughs).
KIWIKAAS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:46 PM   #205
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
radi6404, only the first pic shows us what we wanna see. other don't show anything!
and we wanna see exits, knots, signs for exits - those are interesting things! not one big yellow sign

and how the hell do they put motorway into use while it doesn't have horizontal signalization finished!?
I donīt know but i donīt care about the signalisation, thereīs signalisation but i just didnīt make pics, however i didnīt see very many signs, i will take a pic of the big yellow beautiful sign when i am in Bulgaria and also of the EU funding sign and what i found there else. And Keber, the motorway isnīt that new, it just has very good quality, it is now 1 year old, the asphalt is one year old, the crashbarriers are a bit newer, it was opened this winter but the asphalt is 1 year old and in some parts 1,5 years old, on the first section and it looks like exremly new.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:47 PM   #206
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIWIKAAS View Post
I'm not convinced about the so called reflective markings. Generally they are only reflective when just layed. Within a year the reflective eliment is all but gone. If it rains the reflective quality is gone and the markings become all but invisible.
I prefer cats-eyes which remain reflective for many years and in all weather conditions (although I can understand that they don't use them in countries with snow fall in the winter as they interfer with the snowploughs).
This is some bigbullshit you spread arround

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5944/dsc08527pi5.jpg

Thsi markings of the Blagoevgrad motorway part are 6 years you fool and they reflect at nigth for sure, just look how fat and visible they are in the day.

And people, i couldnīt make many frongpics because i sat at the backside of the Sprinter we travelled, thatīs because i took those sidepics.
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:57 PM   #207
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Ordinary lane markings are renewed every year. After few months they lose almost all glass spheres, so they are not so shiny anymore.

Relief lane markings are renewed every two, three, four years, depends on wearing in that time.

So don't spread bullshit.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:57 PM   #208
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 751

radi6404
Thats some big bullshit reply there you little turd. Please limit your replies to a civilised tone.

I will elaborate on my post. The reflective markings as used in many EU countries loose their reflective qualities under wet conditions and especially wet conditions at night. The older the marking, the less reflective quality.
You may find this disagreeable but from my experience (which I suspect is somewhat more than yours) I have found this to be the case.

btw. The picture you posted is of a border marking in broad daylight. Any type of marking whether reflective or not will stand out just fine under those conditions.
KIWIKAAS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:58 PM   #209
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Shiny crashbarriers and the big yellow beautiful sign

Quote:
I donīt know but i donīt care about the signalisation, thereīs signalisation but i just didnīt make pics, however i didnīt see very many signs, i will take a pic of the big yellow beautiful sign when i am in Bulgaria and also of the EU funding sign and what i found there else. And Keber, the motorway isnīt that new, it just has very good quality, it is now 1 year old, the asphalt is one year old, the crashbarriers are a bit newer, it was opened this winter but the asphalt is 1 year old and in some parts 1,5 years old, on the first section and it looks like exremly new.
You have got some strange fetishes my frend...
KHS está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 01:22 PM   #210
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIWIKAAS View Post
radi6404
Thats some big bullshit reply there you little turd. Please limit your replies to a civilised tone.

I will elaborate on my post. The reflective markings as used in many EU countries loose their reflective qualities under wet conditions and especially wet conditions at night. The older the marking, the less reflective quality.
You may find this disagreeable but from my experience (which I suspect is somewhat more than yours) I have found this to be the case.

btw. The picture you posted is of a border marking in broad daylight. Any type of marking whether reflective or not will stand out just fine under those conditions.
Ofcourse the markings are relief do you guys think they can change than every year on that important route, they canīt, there would be trafficjams all the way if teyīd do this, i donīt have an idea what border markings are but i know that the markings of the old Blagoevgrad motorway part reflect at night altough 6 years old, maybe it is because of not so much traffic as in for example Germany. I like that Germany use everywhere relief markings, even on mronal villageroads, they donīt use any other type of marking, that should be in all EU countries.

KIWIKAAS I got angry because you said they lose reflect in just one year altough i have seen how the markings reflect altough they are 6 years old. I canīt give you a nightpic now to confirm this but if you donīt believe me i donīt care.
Old July 13th, 2007, 01:26 PM   #211
radi6404

I can also give pics of a road that is not motorway but a reconstructed and some parts are still in reconstruction landroad from Simitli to Bansko, one of the two major skiresorts in Bulgaria
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:06 PM   #212
x-type
con los terroristas

we want photos of Hemus motorway which is interesting to us, and not the stuff you're showing us
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #213
radi6404

Quote:
we want photos of Hemus motorway which is interesting to us, and not the stuff you're showing us
I donīt have pics of Hemus motorway and Hemus motorway no good.
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:16 PM   #214
x-type
con los terroristas

Hemus motorway yes good because it's got viaducts and tunnels and that's what we wanna see! Struma will be interesting as soon as it gets some interesting objects as viaducts, tunnels, knots...
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #215
radi6404

Quote:
Hemus motorway yes good because it's got viaducts and tunnels and that's what we wanna see! Struma will be interesting as soon as it gets some interesting objects as viaducts, tunnels, knots...
But isnīt it as interesting for you that the motorway doesnīt pass on flat terrain but generally is built 10 to 15 m higher than the surroundings? And that over the whole lengh. It wil have tunnels for sure, but maybe next year this time i will post the construction of the tunnels
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #216
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
But isnīt it as interesting for you that the motorway doesnīt pass on flat terrain but generally is built 10 to 15 m higher than the surroundings?
no
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #217
radi6404

some friend of mine told me that parts of the motorway are lightened at night, i donīt know which he means as i donīt see lights but i could imagine some lights between the two middlebarriers, i must ravel there at night and look.
Old July 13th, 2007, 03:42 PM   #218
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Hm, reflective markings must be something new in Europe.
Quote:
Keber, all motorway markings are reflective because they have some glass inside of them and they reflect the headlights, and you want be skilled?
OMFG, it was clearly a joke, meaning that ALL (European) countries have them! And radi, if you don't shut up, I'm leaving for Bulgaria tomorrow to take pics of every single kilometer of this god damn motorway!
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 03:49 PM   #219
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
OMFG, it was clearly a joke, meaning that ALL (European) countries have them! And radi, if you don't shut up, I'm leaving for Bulgaria tomorrow to take pics of every single kilometer of this god damn motorway!
Do it, no wait some ten days so that we can meet as and drink some beer, maybe in the new shiny gas station of the motorway
Old July 13th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #220
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Here's the plan; 1,002 km.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia