daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 17th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #2181
RoadUser

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
The best stays the best:

What does the sign with a picture of a car mean? Is that a Bulgarian motorway sign?
RoadUser no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:04 AM   #2182
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Road reserved for motor vehicles (motorroad).
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:34 AM   #2183
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Road reserved for motor vehicles (motorroad).
Call it like you want, the road is of very high quality, itīs of higher quality than many motorways.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:47 AM   #2184
Verso
Islander

It's nice, I just answered RoadUser.
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #2185
RoadUser

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Call it like you want, the road is of very high quality, itīs of higher quality than many motorways.

You mean that this most-worshipped of roads isn't even classified as a motorway?
RoadUser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:23 PM   #2186
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadUser View Post
You mean that this most-worshipped of roads isn't even classified as a motorway?
That's correct.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:42 PM   #2187
Radish2

It is a motorway you fool, it has green direction signs and thatīs enough, two signs wont change if it is a motorway or not.
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #2188
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Radi, there is enough proof now that it is just a normal dual carriageway, not a motorway. Still it looks quite good
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:42 PM   #2189
Verso
Islander

But I don't get it, why it's still not officially a motorway. Why couldn't you drive more than 90 km/h there? To make it more confused, it has green motorway destination signs.
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #2190
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
Radi, there is enough proof now that it is just a normal dual carriageway, not a motorway. Still it looks quite good
No, it is prooven that it is a motorway, even maps list it as a motorway allready. And on a normal road the signs wouldnīt be green. Donīt you ******* get that they just didnīt replace the signs because they forgot?
Old February 18th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #2191
autobahnracer

Likes (Received): 25

Anyone heard some news about motorway and road construction in BG the last weeks ?
Two weeks already the National Road Infrastructure Agency's website is closed (www.nrif.bg ; http://rea.government.bg) and also on the news websites nothing is said about how are going the current road constructions ..... strange
autobahnracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #2192
bozata90

Likes (Received): 50

About the issue with the motorroad - I don't know why our government builds motorways (I mean for real - with all the necessary median, crashbarrier, protective fences on both sides, junctions etc.) and than puts a '90'-sign on it... The same thing happened on the road to Istanbul (near Harmanli, future A3 'Maritsa') - all direction signs are green, but the speed limit is still 90.
bozata90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #2193
autobahnracer

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozata90 View Post
About the issue with the motorroad - I don't know why our government builds motorways (I mean for real - with all the necessary median, crashbarrier, protective fences on both sides, junctions etc.) and than puts a '90'-sign on it... The same thing happened on the road to Istanbul (near Harmanli, future A3 'Maritsa') - all direction signs are green, but the speed limit is still 90.
For some idiotic reason they put a 90km/h limitation on sections of partially built motorways - for sure when these motorways are finished they'll have the normal motorway speed limit.
Even though, it makes no big difference in travel time if you'll be driving with 90 or with 130 just for some 20-30 km.
But it is still silly to make you drive with 90 on a section that is intended for speeds of 130-150 km/h
autobahnracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 08:07 PM   #2194
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnracer View Post
For some idiotic reason they put a 90km/h limitation on sections of partially built motorways - for sure when these motorways are finished they'll have the normal motorway speed limit.
Even though, it makes no big difference in travel time if you'll be driving with 90 or with 130 just for some 20-30 km.
But it is still silly to make you drive with 90 on a section that is intended for speeds of 130-150 km/h
Noone follows that speedlimit in Bulgaria anyway, they dirve 180 - 200 on the sections.
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #2195
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Noone follows that speedlimit in Bulgaria anyway, they dirve 180 - 200 on the sections.
isn't it risky?everytime i went to bulgaria i saw lots of police radars.they caught me on dupnitsa bypass, on 2+2+median with 81km/h on a stretch with a stupid speed limit of 50.i gave them 30euros for that.what's good in bulgaria is that other drivers signal u when there is a police radar ahead.(we also have this custom here in romania).
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:40 AM   #2196
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

They do that too in the Netherlands...
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:42 AM   #2197
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

wonderful cause in april i'm gonna visit netherlands
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #2198
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Yeah, see you in Amsterdam

There are a few places I know here where the police is always checking, so everyone who drives there more often always slows down there. If there is really a police car checking, they will flash their lights.
Old February 20th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #2199
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
isn't it risky?everytime i went to bulgaria i saw lots of police radars.they caught me on dupnitsa bypass, on 2+2+median with 81km/h on a stretch with a stupid speed limit of 50.i gave them 30euros for that.what's good in bulgaria is that other drivers signal u when there is a police radar ahead.(we also have this custom here in romania).
I think the police wont stop you on the Struma motorway for driving 120, the sings indicate a speedlimit of 90, but I think the police is introduced to only stop if you are faster than 120 because it is a motorway.
Old February 20th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #2200
Zaro
Just a freak

Likes (Received): 3130

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
Well, there are a couple of reasons why the Dupnitsa police stopped you. First, speeding. Second, the foreign plate of your car. Third, you may have been the easiest to stop.

I personally hate this 2 km stretch, because everybody accelerates unreasonably, and sometimes drivers go into the opposite lanes while overtaking. Then we're again stuck behind the trucks.

I've seen such speed limits in Greece too. Last week I went to Thessaloniki. They're building a new highway from Promahonas to Thessaloniki, some sections already in operation. Well, they have 80 limit for some 20 km just before you approach Thessaloniki. 20 km of perfect road. Ridiculous.

Cops usually stay at the end of long sections allowing speeding and after right turns where you cannot see them and when you see them, it's too late to slow and ... you have 30 euro less.
В известен смисъл мирогледът на партията се възприемаше най-безусловно от хора, които не бяха способни да вникнат в него. Тях можеха да накарат да приемат и най-грубите изопачавания на действителността, защото те не можеха да схванат напълно чудовищността на онова, което се изискваше от тях, и не се интересуваха достатъчно от обществения живот, за да забележат какво става.
"1984"
Zaro no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia