daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 20th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #2201
bozata90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sofia
Posts: 355
Likes (Received): 50

Radi, it is not quite like that. 90 is 90, so if they catch you you will get a ticket.... And - for now the limit is still 90. I've heard many such accounts by my friends...
bozata90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2009, 04:31 PM   #2202
autobahnracer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sofia/Lille
Posts: 713
Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
isn't it risky?everytime i went to bulgaria i saw lots of police radars.they caught me on dupnitsa bypass, on 2+2+median with 81km/h on a stretch with a stupid speed limit of 50.i gave them 30euros for that.what's good in bulgaria is that other drivers signal u when there is a police radar ahead.(we also have this custom here in romania).
You should have called 166, signaling corruption. They'll have no reason to explain from where they have these 30 EUR ( in euro currency).
If we always give them money and leave they'll always be "corrupted". It's up to us to change this !!!
autobahnracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2009, 06:32 PM   #2203
panda80
Registered User
 
panda80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Braila/Bucharest
Posts: 4,371
Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnracer View Post
You should have called 166, signaling corruption. They'll have no reason to explain from where they have these 30 EUR ( in euro currency).
If we always give them money and leave they'll always be "corrupted". It's up to us to change this !!!
i wouldn't have given them money if i wasn't in a hurry.they said i have to pay the ticket in the center of dupnitsa, and i haven't been there in the city center never before.also they said they must suspend my driving licence for 3 month, then they will send it back to romania after that period.i should have visited bulgarian embassy in bucharest after 3 months to get my driving licence back.after the incident i wanted to send a mail to the bulgarian authorities, but i forgot about it after having a very nice holiday in greece.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2009, 06:35 PM   #2204
Radish2
Registered User
 
Radish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,354
Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
i wouldn't have given them money if i wasn't in a hurry.they said i have to pay the ticket in the center of dupnitsa, and i haven't been there in the city center never before.also they said they must suspend my driving licence for 3 month, then they will send it back to romania after that period.i should have visited bulgarian embassy in bucharest after 3 months to get my driving licence back.after the incident i wanted to send a mail to the bulgarian authorities, but i forgot about it after having a very nice holiday in greece.
So you would not go to Bulgaria on holidays? How did you like the Struma motorway and the E-79 nationalroad?
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:18 PM   #2205
panda80
Registered User
 
panda80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Braila/Bucharest
Posts: 4,371
Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
So you would not go to Bulgaria on holidays? How did you like the Struma motorway and the E-79 nationalroad?
i was in 3 holidays in bulgaria, twice on black sea coast(i visited all coast, from romanian border to silistar beach), and once at vihren chalet in pirin mountain.i will gladly come back on holiday in bulgaria cause i like bulgarian landscapes very much.this summer i'm planning to go to rila or pirin, if i have enough money.struma motorway and e79 were good roads, some of the best in bulgaria.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:27 PM   #2206
Radish2
Registered User
 
Radish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,354
Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
i was in 3 holidays in bulgaria, twice on black sea coast(i visited all coast, from romanian border to silistar beach), and once at vihren chalet in pirin mountain.i will gladly come back on holiday in bulgaria cause i like bulgarian landscapes very much.this summer i'm planning to go to rila or pirin, if i have enough money.struma motorway and e79 were good roads, some of the best in bulgaria.
when have you been in Bulgaria? Was the Struma motorway shiny or not anymore? Go to the Rila mountain, 8 km after the Rila monastery are the steepest rockwalls in whole Bulgaria and the highest. There is even a small path that leads directly to the rockwalls so you can see the rockwalls from a distance from 200 m, you look from 1500 m the peaks that go up to 2730 m from a distance of 200 m, and they are so steep that you can see them altough you are that close.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 01:23 AM   #2207
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

What about Musala, the tallest mountain in the Balkans?

Musala, Bulgaria - 2,925 m
Mount Olympus, Greece - 2,919 m
Triglav, Slovenia (not Balkans, but close) - 2,864 m

Tough competition. But for such a mountainous peninsula, its mountains aren't particularly high IMO.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 01:42 AM   #2208
Radish2
Registered User
 
Radish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,354
Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
What about Musala, the tallest mountain in the Balkans?

Musala, Bulgaria - 2,925 m
Mount Olympus, Greece - 2,919 m
Triglav, Slovenia (not Balkans, but close) - 2,864 m

Tough competition. But for such a mountainous peninsula, its mountains aren't particularly high IMO.
Musalla is not good, because when you see it you are allready at 2300 m. The other pics are 2730 m, but you see them from 1300 m and lower and they are extreme rockwalls that are with short shelf 1200 m rockwalls, rockwall with no shelf are 500 - 550 m or so. Such rockwalls can only be found in the Rila mountain in Bulgaria.

here, thatīs not the Triglav Peak that is standing alone, but the Dvuglav peak, thatīs the left pic on the first picutre above, the one with the biggest walls, just look how alone it is standing like a mighty guardian.

Thatīs another peak that that is not quite so big than Dvuglav but still beautiful, in summer they are also beautiful but in witner they are majestic. Ofcourse that Rila monastery valley has a lot moe to offer, there are some great paths leading to some lakes, one path is a not asphalted road which has bad views but the other path passes on the other side of the narrow valley and has an amazing view.

Last edited by Radish2; February 22nd, 2009 at 02:03 AM.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:04 AM   #2209
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

You'd like Triglav then. But Mt. Olympus is right beside sea, and it looks somewhat weird IMO.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:07 AM   #2210
Radish2
Registered User
 
Radish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,354
Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
You'd like Triglav then. But Mt. Olympus is right beside sea, and it looks somewhat weird IMO.
I like Triglav, and other Slovenian peaks, but do you like the peaks I showed?

Olymp does look a bit weird, I checked it on googleearth and Nasa worldwind and it has slopes and geometry that doesnīt allow close views of the peak itself when you are on low altitude. Olymp doesnīt have long valleys which, it has short valleys that climb pretty steep, the Alps and also Rila mountain have long alleys that donīt go on high altitudes fast.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:13 AM   #2211
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Yeah, they are steep, and I like their darker color (our mountains are too bright IMO), gorgeous dark mountains are along Austrian A10. Perfect contrast of dark mountains and white snow on them.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:25 AM   #2212
Radish2
Registered User
 
Radish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,354
Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Yeah, they are steep, and I like their darker color (our mountains are too bright IMO), gorgeous dark mountains are along Austrian A10. Perfect contrast of dark mountains and white snow on them.
Oh yes, I like the darker colored peaks more than bright colored peaks, too. Thatīs because of the rocks, Rila peaks are mostly from gneiss, the Slovenian alps and the Alps in Nordtyrol are from lime or bright granit.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:46 AM   #2213
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

OMG, Struma Glacier on Antarctica!
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:17 AM   #2214
panda80
Registered User
 
panda80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Braila/Bucharest
Posts: 4,371
Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
You'd like Triglav then. But Mt. Olympus is right beside sea, and it looks somewhat weird IMO.
i climbed mt olympus and it is impressive, the views of the sea from 2918m is fantastic!there is a nice view of greek hinterland too, on western part of the mountain.you can see everything for over 100km in that part.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 01:41 PM   #2215
Radish2
Registered User
 
Radish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,354
Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
i climbed mt olympus and it is impressive, the views of the sea from 2918m is fantastic!there is a nice view of greek hinterland too, on western part of the mountain.you can see everything for over 100km in that part.
Tell me if you like the Rila peaks or you liked Vihren and Pirin mountain more.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 01:46 PM   #2216
Zaro
Just a freak
 
Zaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,122
Likes (Received): 3144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
What about Musala, the tallest mountain in the Balkans?

Musala, Bulgaria - 2,925 m
Mount Olympus, Greece - 2,919 m
Triglav, Slovenia (not Balkans, but close) - 2,864 m

Tough competition. But for such a mountainous peninsula, its mountains aren't particularly high IMO.
Actually, Mitikas is 2917 m.
Bulgaria has 126 peaks above 2000 m of which 10 are higher than 2800 m and 4 than 2900 m.
__________________
В известен смисъл мирогледът на партията се възприемаше най-безусловно от хора, които не бяха способни да вникнат в него. Тях можеха да накарат да приемат и най-грубите изопачавания на действителността, защото те не можеха да схванат напълно чудовищността на онова, което се изискваше от тях, и не се интересуваха достатъчно от обществения живот, за да забележат какво става.
"1984"
Zaro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 03:52 PM   #2217
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

I know, but I didn't wanna count those mountains close to each other.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 04:23 PM   #2218
Radish2
Registered User
 
Radish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,354
Likes (Received): 60

Ok, here is the view of Dvuglav when you walk from the Rila monastery to the Kirilova Poliana meadow, the pic is 1 km of that meadow away, from the meadow you see the peaks how it is on the first pic I posted. This pic is taken without any zoom so thatīs how you aktually see it when you are standing there, itīs quite big but you can go to that peak way closer if you take a path that starts from the meadow to see it really close, you would need the camera to be vertical to make a photo of it. I wish there were such peaks in the alps which are narrow and steep from all sides, in the alps there are rockwalls, but I donīt know from peaks that are so narrow. I guess I just havnīt seen them.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 06:18 PM   #2219
panda80
Registered User
 
panda80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Braila/Bucharest
Posts: 4,371
Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
Tell me if you like the Rila peaks or you liked Vihren and Pirin mountain more.
i haven't been to rila mountains excepting the road to rila monastery.however i browsed internet a lot for pics and truly rila is a very spectacular mountain, that has everything(lakes,impressive peaks, rich fauna, deep valleys).also the view of rila from e79 is very spectacular.
i liked pirin very much, especially its lakes, and road to vihren chalet is wonderful.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 06:19 PM   #2220
panda80
Registered User
 
panda80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Braila/Bucharest
Posts: 4,371
Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaro View Post
Actually, Mitikas is 2917 m.
Bulgaria has 126 peaks above 2000 m of which 10 are higher than 2800 m and 4 than 2900 m.
yes, you are right.actually i've been just to skolio(2912m), only my friend could hike up to mitikas, which is a very steep peak.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium