daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 14th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #2401
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Why whole route can't be A5 ? But later on after some kilometres changing to A6
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2009, 04:26 PM   #2402
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18764

Good question! It is really funny to call a 19km. stretch a motorway and give it a number ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
no particular plan. some must-see places (Veliko Tarnovo, Melnik, Belogradchik,Plovdiv, Black sea coast, some other places) you see I had been living in Bulgaria 10 years ago for a while, and now it is a time for deja-vu. the only concern is my 3 year old kid, who seems not to understand a new deal in Europe (some countries with no borders, others with border hassles).

the most important thing is get from Hungary to Bulgaria within one day and end it up with nice place on Bulgarian side - that is way Belogradchik was on my mind ...
Well, if you want to go to Belogradchik right after you cross the border you have 2 options:

1. Take the north part of Sofia's ring road and after few kilometres switch on Lomsko Shose to Kostinbrod (national road 81) and then via the Petrohan pass reach Berkovica, Montana and then further on E79 to Rujinci where you take the road to Belogradchik. There is an alternative route Montana-Belogradchik going west of E79 but it is in bad condition, mind that!

2. Take the north part of Sofia's ring road and leave where A2 Hemus starts ... the first 10-15 km. of Hemus after Sofia aren't in good condition too, but it's bearable. Then leave the motorway at Botevgrad and take E79 to Vratsa and Montana. It's in good condition(bg parts of it were rehabilitated over the last years) with only few km. in bad condition when you go around Vratsa. From Montana the road to Belogradchik offers the same options via both routes.

Route 1. is shorter, but it is a lot more difficult as Petrohan is a mountain pass... Route 2. is longer but it takes less than 2 hours to reach Montana via it.

Sofia-Veliko Tarnovo is about 3 hours drive. First part of the road is on Hemus(it ends near Yablanica, just like it used to 10 years ago) and the road from Yablanica to Veliko Tarnovo E772 is in good shape as big parts of it were renovated during the last several years too. Plovdiv is about 2 hours away from Sofia via A1 , and the rest depends on your choice.

I would suggest you going to Tryavna when you reach Veliko Tarnovo. Probably you have visited the place when you lived in Buglaria but just to reccommend it to you as a nice place.
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #2403
Ivanski
инто спейс

Likes (Received): 33

A5 Lyulin connects Sofia ring road to Daskalovo road junction (near Pernik), which is the biggest road facility in the area.

On that point another connection will be made to get on our Glorious Struma A6 motorway and collect some decent sun tan from the shiny carshbarriers there.
Old July 16th, 2009, 05:35 PM   #2404
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post

Well, if you want to go to Belogradchik right after you cross the border you have 2 options:

...............I would suggest you going to Tryavna when you reach Veliko Tarnovo. Probably you have visited the place when you lived in Buglaria but just to reccommend it to you as a nice place.
many thanks for your directions.

definately I will be visiting Tryavna. it is on my to-do list as well.
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:33 AM   #2405
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanski View Post
On that point another connection will be made to get on our Glorious Struma A6 motorway and collect some decent sun tan from the shiny carshbarriers there.
I LOLed on reading that . But I thought Lyulin connected to Struma seamlessly, i.e. only the road number changes at a certain point, like A1-A13 (I think) in Switzerland. How does the connection actually work out?
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #2406
Ivanski
инто спейс

Likes (Received): 33

That's what i've read about Lyulin on the net ,but it could be sort our the way you say by just changing the signature. I'm not completely sure how it's planned we gotta know it by the end of the year though. If anyone knows more - speak now or be silent forever
Old July 19th, 2009, 06:42 PM   #2407
and802

E85 Ruse - Veliko Turnovo

good day collegues,

could somebody let me know the road condition on E85 route between Ruse and Veliko Turnovo ? is it nice paved road or rather our Eastern European standard, which can be almost anything ?
Old July 19th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #2408
Turnovec
-----------

Quote:
good day collegues,

could somebody let me know the road condition on E85 route between Ruse and Veliko Turnovo ? is it nice paved road or rather our Eastern European standard, which can be almost anything ?
It's ok Even the expressway going through Russe and the bridges after it were renovated lately. The only problems that you might find are that there is a small part of it and a bridge closed near Byala(at the middle of the road) for reconstruction at the moment and there might be a few km. bypassing on a not so good pavement roads via couple of villages. Also there are a lot of TIR trucks traveling on that road.
Old July 19th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #2409
and802

many thanks for quick response !

so otherwords guys in trucks are the only noticable issue. what the hell ! this is our reality. it could be nice to live in a country without big transit truck involvement ...
Old July 23rd, 2009, 03:36 PM   #2410
bgplayer19

Likes (Received): 0

does anyone know whether the Lyulin-Sofia Ring Road junction is finished?
bgplayer19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 01:06 AM   #2411
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanski View Post
That's what i've read about Lyulin on the net ,but it could be sort our the way you say by just changing the signature. I'm not completely sure how it's planned we gotta know it by the end of the year though. If anyone knows more - speak now or be silent forever
It will go on directly only with changing roadname, it can be seem because of the sahpe of the bridge columns. I hope it will be as good, because the Struma motorway is still after 3 years one of the smoothest motorways in europe.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 01:09 AM   #2412
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Hey Radi, do you got any holiday pics from Struma?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 11:09 AM   #2413
Zaro
Just a freak

Likes (Received): 3127

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Hey Radi, do you got any holiday pics from Struma?
No construction update => no pics.

Actually Struma intergalactico was scheduled to have been completed for Athens 2004.

Or it may be a real intergalactic route, since it is invisible to all men but one.
В известен смисъл мирогледът на партията се възприемаше най-безусловно от хора, които не бяха способни да вникнат в него. Тях можеха да накарат да приемат и най-грубите изопачавания на действителността, защото те не можеха да схванат напълно чудовищността на онова, което се изискваше от тях, и не се интересуваха достатъчно от обществения живот, за да забележат какво става.
"1984"
Zaro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #2414
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

No new pics, because I´ve showed it quite often here, I will wait til the first part of the Ljulin motorway opens to take some pics, I have some pics of high quality romanian nationalroads, since we passed through Romania this time, the condition was better then I expected there. But on the Bulgarian side, the Vidin Montana road was one of the worst roads I´ve ever seen, i am really dissapionted and it is a ******* shame that this road is way worse then any Romanian road you pass from Hungary to Bulgarian border!!! Why the **** has noone wanred people from Romania that the road is of poor quality? Now Boiko might repair it though.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 03:12 PM   #2415
Turnovec
-----------

The technical project for the construction of the Northern speed tangent in Sofia is ready.

[red] - Northern Speed tangent
[blue] - Sofia ring road, northern part

up right - Sofia-Kalotina(Serbian border)
down left - [A2] exit Sofia-Varna.

It will be 16km. long(6 less than the Northern part of the ring road) - with 3 lanes and a shoulder in each direction with 5 junctions in 2 levels of the most important boulevards. The projected speed is 120 km/h.

The project will contender for funding by the Operative Programm Transport of the EU 2007-2013.

Last edited by Turnovec; July 27th, 2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old July 27th, 2009, 03:19 PM   #2416
ChrisZwolle
Road user

"Speed tangent". Fancy for "bypass"?
Old July 27th, 2009, 03:32 PM   #2417
Turnovec
-----------

Well, that's how they call it here Skorostna tangenta - Speed tangent. It's not part of the ring road(bypass), nor part of the inner city road network... but with a vision in the future, with the enlarging of the city to become a kind of a city highway. yep - probably a bypass is a good translation.

Last edited by Turnovec; July 27th, 2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #2418
and802

Plovdiv - Thessaloniki

good day collegues again,

could you please give me a hint how to travel from Plovdiv to Thessaloniki ? any particular road section/border crossing I should avoid ?
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #2419
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I guess you need to go from Plovdiv to Sofia, and then south via Blagoevgrad to Thessaloniki. Otherwise you would have to cross mountainous regions of southern Bulgaria.
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #2420
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
good day collegues again,

could you please give me a hint how to travel from Plovdiv to Thessaloniki ? any particular road section/border crossing I should avoid ?
If you go via sofia you would experiment some traffic jams(sofia bypass, vladaja pass) and the road is very long.
I think the best road to choose would be plovdiv-borovo-jundola-yakorouda-razlog-simitli-kulata-Thessaloniki.Another variant is to go Yakorouda-gotse delcev-drama-Thessaloniki.The new border crossing between gotse delcev and drama doesn't appear on most maps but road should be in good condition as it was opened in 2006 i think.AFAIK there are no problems at borders.

Last edited by panda80; August 10th, 2009 at 07:02 PM.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia