daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 14th, 2009, 06:04 PM   #2541
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

I commented that road in the transportation thread in the Bulgarian forum, and I will post what I posted there aswell.

WOW, That looks ******* incredible, it looks truly like a masterpeace, the asphalt is black and looks thick and very smooth and clean, the markings are shiningly white and the rest of the road is incredible aswell, oh and how much I love that kind of bridges with the brilliantly shining zinc railing, which make new Bulgarian nationalroads like this one and motorways like the Struma motorway look like roads that could easily appear in Sciense fiction movies that show civilisations and High speed magnet trains on Mars or beyond our solar system. I would really like to see that ******* masterpeace, that can easily be compared to highspeed nationalroads of reach western european countries! Awesome
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #2542
Angelos

Likes (Received): 447

ehmm its look like an ordinary repabedroad ??
Angelos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 08:15 AM   #2543
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18768

And that's what it is - ordinary 1st class national road. Radi just gets overexsitied or too Strumatic sometimes.
Turnovec está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 12:29 PM   #2544
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
ehmm its look like an ordinary repabedroad ??
No, it does look very good.

That looks like an ordinary regionalroad, the Bulgarian road looks like some road on another planet, where future mashinery drives on.
Old December 15th, 2009, 01:16 PM   #2545
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Then I suppose you wont like "Avatar",as it has no roads in it (judging by the trailers),although it is set in Alpha Centaury.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #2546
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
Then I suppose you wont like "Avatar",as it has no roads in it (judging by the trailers),although it is set in Alpha Centaury.
I don´t know this movie, but there are definately sciense fction movies, where vehicles drive on other planets, and the road does look great and moern, it doesn´t have some special things, like electronical signs, but the materials used make it look llike from a sciense fiction movie.
Old December 15th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #2547
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Avatar is pouring even from the tap these days...
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 10:41 PM   #2548
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Hey, there is also a 16 kilometer gap between the A1 and O-3 near Edirne around the border with Turkey. I never noticed that, most maps sign it as a continuous motorway.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 09:49 PM   #2549
bozata90

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Hey, there is also a 16 kilometer gap between the A1 and O-3 near Edirne around the border with Turkey. I never noticed that, most maps sign it as a continuous motorway.
Actually, there is one more gap near Svilengrad, where only half of the motorway is built...
bozata90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:09 AM   #2550
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
Some news that might be helpfull for the romanian forumers here

2 new stretches of reconstructed 1st class road were opened last week in Bulgaria.

Montana-Lom [81-II] length 41km. 8 bridges, 10 junctions. Price 6 mil EUR by the PHARE programm.

Pleven-Nikopol [II - 34] length 45 km. Price 12.5 mil EUR(4.5 by the PHARE transborder cooperation Bulgaria-Romania fund).

A new ferryboat link Nikopol-Turnu Magurele must start working very soon as well
That's good news! I just checked Romania's road map for Turnu Magurele and I see there a national road but do not know the condition of it as I've never driven there and I don't think we have a member from there. But with the new ferry, I think the traffic will increase.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #2551
scurt/2
rakastan sisua!

Likes (Received): 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
That's good news! I just checked Romania's road map for Turnu Magurele and I see there a national road but do not know the condition of it as I've never driven there and I don't think we have a member from there. But with the new ferry, I think the traffic will increase.
Maybe the future (2030?) Bucharest-Sofia motorway should follow this path: Alexandria-Tr.Magurele-Nicopole-Plevna-Sofia...
scurt/2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #2552
Ayceman

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurt/2 View Post
Maybe the future (2030?) Bucharest-Sofia motorway should follow this path: Alexandria-Tr.Magurele-Nicopole-Plevna-Sofia...
I doubt we'll see a Turnu Măgurele - Nicopole motorway bridge (Турну Мъгуреле - Никопол ), maybe a standard DN bridge. The plans currently say that the motorway will be București - Giurgiu, possibly by upgrading the 2x2 carriageway.
Ayceman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #2553
Turnovec
-----------

Quote:
8 Firms to Compete for Bulgaria Trakiya Motorway Construction

Eight bids have been successfully entered in the tender for the construction of the 32-mile Trakiya Motorway section between Stara Zagora and Nova Zagora.

The "Road Infrastructure" Agency reported that 66 companies had entered documentation for the tender but only eight met the criteria to go into the final tender. The names of the eight companies will be revealed later today, with firms from Croatia, Austria and Turkey said to be amongst them.

The bidding companies are required to have had an income of no less than BGN 200 M over the last three years, to have built at least 35 km of highways in the last five years, and to provide funding of BGN 20 M on their own.

The final contractor is set to be chosen before the end of April, with construction set to start on May 3 according to Regional Development Minister, Rosen Plevneliev.

The GERB government has promised the completion of the Trakiya, Maritza, and Lyulin Motorways by the end of its term in 2013, and tangible progress on the Struma and Black Sea Motorways. A total of nine tenders for nine lots from the various highway projects are to be held over the next four years.
and an update of the works on Lyulin Motorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminn View Post
Ето снимки на АМ "Люлин" от преди няколко дена, правени от Vladislav от другия форум:

Quote:

Quote:

Old January 12th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #2554
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Is there a map of U/C sections or delivery dates for motorways in Bulgaria?

And, BTW, which are the "Black Sea" motorways?
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #2555
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Is there a map of U/C sections or delivery dates for motorways in Bulgaria?

And, BTW, which are the "Black Sea" motorways?
U/C there are just 2 parts:

-Lyulin motorway from Sofia bypass to Dragichevo junction (where E79 to Greece and E871 to Macedonia split) - 19km.
- a small section of Maritza (the motorway from Plovdiv to Kapitan Andreevo border crossing with Turkey).

Black Sea (Cherno More) is the motorway from Varna to Burgas, along the Black Sea. Almost 10km near Varna are constructed, with the famous Asparukhovo bridge, the other sections will come in the next 5-7 years. In the article they use the plural form "motorways" because they are reffering to the Black Sea and Struma motorways.

What surprised me in the article is the fact that nothing about Hemus motorway is mentioned.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 04:18 PM   #2556
Turnovec
-----------

Panda is right about everything

Here's the plan of everything that must finally kick off this year in Bulgaria:

All the project are part of the Operative program Transport of the EU for the period till 2013.

Last edited by Turnovec; January 12th, 2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old January 12th, 2010, 06:29 PM   #2557
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Thanks. It'd be a good idea to extend the Black Sea Motorway all the way to the Romanian border some times in the future, and the motorway from Constanta to be extended to the border with Bulgaria. It'd be the first motorway connection between the 2 countries, except if the one on Corridor IV gets completed earlier.
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #2558
Turnovec
-----------

Black Sea Motorway was included as the last lot of Trakya [A1] Motorway few months ago. It's construction will be granted by OP Transport, but for the following period - after 2013... The road north of Varna is with 2x2 expressway profile up until Golden Sands and a little bit further i think, and the terrain up to the BG-RO border is mostly pure plains, so it won't be difficult turning it into a motorway some time in the future. I prefer though if our governments focus more on the [E79] connection. After the bridge at Vidin-Kalafat is built in 1.5 years tme it will require some good motorways both on Bulgarian and Romanian territory. We are already taking measures as big parts of the Botevgrad-Vidin road are already(or will be soon) reconstructed as 2x2 expressways.
Old January 13th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #2559
Ivanski
инто спейс

Likes (Received): 33

A recent photo update of the Sofia ring road construction mess , 10x to Chilio

Old January 13th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #2560
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
Black Sea Motorway was included as the last lot of Trakya [A1] Motorway few months ago. It's construction will be granted by OP Transport, but for the following period - after 2013... The road north of Varna is with 2x2 expressway profile up until Golden Sands and a little bit further i think, and the terrain up to the BG-RO border is mostly pure plains, so it won't be difficult turning it into a motorway some time in the future. I prefer though if our governments focus more on the [E79] connection. After the bridge at Vidin-Kalafat is built in 1.5 years tme it will require some good motorways both on Bulgarian and Romanian territory. We are already taking measures as big parts of the Botevgrad-Vidin road are already(or will be soon) reconstructed as 2x2 expressways.
I also agree we need to completed the southern branch of Corridor IV (Timisoara-Calafat/Vidin-Sofia) first. It's the most important transborder transportation system between RO and BG. But in the long run, we could consider connecting the seasides....that would be great for tourism and the economy in general. Imagine driving from Constanta to Varna in just 30-40 mins!

But I know it's a longer term project.

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia