daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 22nd, 2010, 06:11 PM   #2581
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
A photo of the opened last summer after rehabilitation part of [E70](bul. Bulgaria) bypassing Ruse, just before Danube bridge
Ruse bypass is impressive, especially the viaduct over Lom river valley. The only thing I donțt like is the speed limit of only 50, on a road that has no at-grade intersection and no zebras. 80 would make sense to me on that stretch.

P.S. Not the whole Bul. Bulgaria is part of E70, as E70 goes to Varna at about the middle distance of Ruse bypass. Further on, to the city exit to Sofia and Veliko Tarnovo, we are only on E85.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2010, 12:47 AM   #2582
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18768

You are right about road numberinf. And about those bridges. They are really cool. Each one serving different direction.

Those stupid speed limits are quite common here(if you haven't noticed already). Some people call them "cop feeding point" I remmember there was totally stupid 40 km./h sign on [E79] between Mezdra and Vratsa(i travel that road quite often) on a 2x2 straight section, without any danger of accidents or what so ever... and there was almost any time a police car with radar waiting behind the first turn after that sign. Last summer people called one of the popular TV's to make a reportage about this and soon after that the stupid sign was removed I think they gotta do the same with Ruse's bypass speed limit.

Anyway , i don't think we have covered this road here so here go several more photos:

This is how it looks like from the air(on the right side, going up to the bridge, on the top of the photo)

Last edited by Turnovec; January 23rd, 2010 at 12:52 AM.
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 10:10 AM   #2583
panda80

Quote:
Those stupid speed limits are quite common here(if you haven't noticed already). Some people call them "cop feeding point" I remmember there was totally stupid 40 km./h sign on [E79] between Mezdra and Vratsa(i travel that road quite often) on a 2x2 straight section, without any danger of accidents or what so ever... and there was almost any time a police car with radar waiting behind the first turn after that sign. Last summer people called one of the popular TV's to make a reportage about this and soon after that the stupid sign was removed I think they gotta do the same with Ruse's bypass speed limit.
Of course I noticed, I was caught with 81km/h on Dupnitsa bypass, 2+2 road, with a speed limit of just 50km/h. Now I am more cautious and try to respect the limits, even if they seem stupid to me.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 02:10 PM   #2584
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

the bypass there has shiny crashbarriers!
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 05:57 PM   #2585
Angelos

Likes (Received): 447

kewl
Angelos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 10:47 PM   #2586
miroruse
Rsexpert

Likes (Received): 75

thanks God they laid at least the asphalt and switched on the lights /I'am 32 and can't remember to have seen it working although installed/ but lots of work needs to be done before anyone can call that city boulevard (what is actually the above "motorway") a finished project, let's see when. Anyway plans do exist to bypass the city from south thru a new "non-conflict" highway connecting varna exit and sofia exit, still good intentions hope they come true some beautiful summer day
miroruse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #2587
Turnovec
-----------

Several archive photos from the construction of the Western part of Hemus Motorway [A2]

1981 - Bebresh viaduct

Old January 29th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #2588
Turnovec
-----------

Quote:
Minister: 50km of motorways will be constructed in 2010

About 50km of motorways are scheduled for construction in 2010, according to Regional Development Minister Rossen Plevneliev, Investor.bg reported on January 28 2010.

In September 2009, Bulgarian Prime Minister Boiko Borissov had said during the visit of the European transport commissioner Antonio Tadjani that 65km of motorways would be built annually, but Plevneliev explained that, in fact, that level of construction would be reached by 2011.

Regarding the construction of the Lyulin motorway, which is scheduled for completion by the end of 2010, Turkish firm Mapa Gengiz is trying to re-negotiate the final price of the project, saying that expenses have increased, while the minister told Bulgarian media that it is possible for the final price of the project to be re-examined.

When asked how much the construction of Lyulin motorway would increase, Plevneliev said that the "analysis and reassessment will be completed by February 10 2010".

"At this stage, we cannot terminate our contract with the Turkish firm, otherwise compensation payments would exceed 120 million euro," Plevneliev said.

Bulgarian construction firms had called for the government to discard Mapa Gengiz and opt for Bulgarian firms to build the motorway instead.

Regarding the public procurement documents for Lot 2 of the Trakiya motorway, the minister said that the paperwork will be completed before the March 10 deadline. "The winning bid will be announced by the end of January," Investor.bg quoted him as saying.
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #2589
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
Regarding the public procurement documents for Lot 2 of the Trakiya motorway, the minister said that the paperwork will be completed before the March 10 deadline. "The winning bid will be announced by the end of January," Investor.bg quoted him as saying.
That's two days...

(what is exactly lot 2 of the Trakya?)
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #2590
panda80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
That's two days...

Lot 2 should be Stara Zagora-Nova Zagora section of Trakya.

Last edited by panda80; January 29th, 2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old January 29th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #2591
Turnovec
-----------

Quote:
That's two days...

The journalists meant that he posponed the term he already staited in a previous interview

Here is (i hope) a detailed explanation about all the remaining lots of Trakia. All of them must be contracted this year, Lot 2's construction must be kicked off in May and all the 3 lots must be completed in 2012 ... That's what the government promised and is saying it works on right now.

Old January 29th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #2592
Ivanski
инто спейс

Likes (Received): 33

Completing of Trakia motorway is like an encounter with an alien intelligence - a lot of people believe that it will happen somewhere in time ,but at the same time seems quite unbelievable today
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #2593
panda80

Trakya segments seems to be very cheap to build at about 3million euro/km. In Romania motorways costs in average much more (around 7-8 million euros). Are these prices real or just obsolete estimations?
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #2594
Turnovec
-----------

They are estimations. However real cost might be even cheaper, once the price offers are revealed later this year. The remaining 3 lots of Trakia go through an absolutely plain and easy terrain, so it's understandable that the prices are so low. Lyulin Motorway or Struma are with a lot higher prices per km., as there are aqueducts, tunnels etc... while there's no need for such facilities on Trakia.
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #2595
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Any news on the Chirpan - Edirne motorway? (what's that, like A3? Confusing road numbers in Bulgaria)
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #2596
panda80

Quote:
They are estimations. However real cost might be even cheaper, once the price offers are revealed later this year. The remaining 3 lots of Trakia go through an absolutely plain and easy terrain, so it's understandable that the prices are so low. Lyulin Motorway or Struma are with a lot higher prices per km., as there are aqueducts, tunnels etc... while there's no need for such facilities on Trakia.
I know the terrain is easy, but still the price seems quite low...and that is very good
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:51 PM   #2597
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
I know the terrain is easy, but still the price seems quite low...and that is very good
€ 3 million per km is also common in the flatter areas of Spain. And I guess labor costs are a little higher in Spain than in Bulgaria, so € 3 million seems plausible.
Old January 30th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #2598
Turnovec
-----------

Quote:
Any news on the Chirpan - Edirne motorway? (what's that, like A3? Confusing road numbers in Bulgaria)
That's Maritsa Motorway [A3]

Nothing in perticular recently, just the plans from couple of months ago.
The new government's objectives as promised by the regional minister in October:

Quote:
The total length of the “Trakya” (115), “Lyulin” (19,2) and “Maritsa” (67) motorways is over 200 km, including the “Struma” motorway segments and the tentative deadline for their completion is 2013, Plevneliev said. The construction of three lots of the Maritsa motorway (connecting Trakiya motorway with the Bulgaria-Turkey border), and one of the lots of the Struma motorway (connecting Sofia with the Bulgaria-Greece border), are expected to be completed by the end of the government's four-year term.
And about Maritsa Motorway [A3] :

Quote:
The public tender for “Maritsa” will begin in the second half of 2010 with construction also beginning around that time.
Old January 30th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #2599
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Good good news, I really hope the Struma motorway will finally be constructed.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #2600
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
Good good news, I really hope the Struma motorway will finally be constructed.
We all hope so!
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia