daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 14th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #2641
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post

Here it is today

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Yeap, that's it! It looks really cool in that blue light!

Now I am sure I drove it, but it was almost dusk, I was in a hurry and just didn't take the time to have a good look at it.

Thanks for pics!
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #2642
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

The tender for lot 4 of Trakia Motorway [A1] was opened on 8th April.Constuction supervisior for lot 2 was chosen yesterday and the constuction will begin on 3rd May,according to the construction minister.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 04:08 PM   #2643
PhirgataZFs1694

The contract for lot2 of Trakia Motorway[A1] has been signed today,finally.Consturction begins on 3rd May.

The offers for lot3 of Trakia Motorway[A1] are openned on 27th April(Tuesday).

The offers for lot4 of Trakia Motorway[A1] are openned on 8th June.

The consturction minister has announced that there is no more Cherno More Motorway[A4] (it is sometimes referred to as [A3] since it was the 3rd planned motorway in Bulgaria together with [A1] Trakia Motorway and [A2] Hemus Motorway that had to form a motorway ring throughout Bulgaria):

Don't worry!The project still exists but it's now part of Trakia Motorway [A1] and is called "lot6".
Old April 23rd, 2010, 06:47 PM   #2644
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Still no new Struma sections? I'm starting to miss the good ole' days spent reading Radi's many shiny new posts.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 06:55 PM   #2645
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

I read that last time Boiko and Boc met (about a month ago) they spoke also about the Black Sea motorway linking Constanta with Varna, Burgas and further south with Istambul. It was nothing decided, but it's something they considered for future and I guess its in the same wave of common infrastructure investments as the other 2 Danube bridge projects, but it's still good news they are considering it. It'd interesting if RO and BG would propose the Black Sea Motorway for EU financing in the coming EU budgetary cycle 2013-2020.

BTW:People here probably know already that the EU financing for the Vidin-Calafat Danube Bridge got an extension from the EU just in time to complete the works.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 11:05 PM   #2646
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
Still no new Struma sections? I'm starting to miss the good ole' days spent reading Radi's many shiny new posts.
Tell me about it! I've noticed that the Highways&Autobahns section is not so active as it used to be with all the Struma-haters bashing, Struma motorway hailing and crashbarrier shininess. Hopefully,the government has announced plans to start tenders for two sections of the world-wide famous motorway in the autumn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
I read that last time Boiko and Boc met (about a month ago) they spoke also about the Black Sea motorway linking Constanta with Varna, Burgas and further south with Istambul. It was nothing decided, but it's something they considered for future and I guess its in the same wave of common infrastructure investments as the other 2 Danube bridge projects, but it's still good news they are considering it. It'd interesting if RO and BG would propose the Black Sea Motorway for EU financing in the coming EU budgetary cycle 2013-2020.

BTW:People here probably know already that the EU financing for the Vidin-Calafat Danube Bridge got an extension from the EU just in time to complete the works.
Unfortunately, no such plans on this side of the Danube river, even for the EU cycle 2013-2020. Such option was considered after the Black Sea summit before the last one, when the idea of a Black Sea motorway ring was introduced. It aims at bringing people living in the region closer. And such motorway(130km/h) RO/BG border - Varna - Burgas - BG/Turkey border will be a very good idea,IMHO. It will be a "tourist" motorway,the bulgarian equivalent of the croation [A1] and the hungarian lake Balaton motorway ring. It will also relieve traffic on pan-european transport corridor number 9. Here's a map with possible route(more or less influenced by my views),the red line is an alternative route from Burgas to Malko Tarnovo(BG) and Kirklareli(Turkey) that has been discussed:

Maybe your government and the EU will underline the importance of the full motorway to a bulgarian government(current or future).
Old April 24th, 2010, 01:35 AM   #2647
paF4uko
Blow the Horn!

Likes (Received): 753

I don't think a motorway could go so close to the sea before the BG/RO border, because of the Durankulashko and Shablensko lakes. Then in Romania there's a firth between Doi Mai and Mangalia which I think is a protected area, so an imaginary motorway would mostly go west of the firth...
Old April 24th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #2648
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Unfortunately the idea of a motorway to link Constanţa, Varna, Burgas and Istanbul is mostly political propaganda on the Romanian side. Such a motorway would be a very good idea, and from time to time, for a few seconds, a Romanian prime minister is talking about it in front of the TV cameras. But there is no feasibility study and there is no money in Romania for a Black Sea motorway. For Bulgaria it might be different. I know about the Bulgarian plans to link Varna and Burgas, but Romania has a single large city at the Black Sea, Constanţa, and it is currently under construction a motorway between Bucharest and Constanţa + Constanţa bypass. Unfortunately the motorway will stop there.
But let's face it: Romania and Bulgaria are still the poorest countries in the EU and both country have other priorities for now: to link their capitals with the rest of their territories and with their neighbors. And these priorities are more logic at this moment than a Black Sea motorway.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 12:33 PM   #2649
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

A Black Sea Motorway would be a good idea after 2020. Meanwhile, they could construct portions of it around larger cities (Constanţa, Varna & Burgas) prior to 2020 if necessary.

While BG and RO are indeed the poorest countries in the European Union, it is unlikely that they won't grow in economic terms. What is not feasible now, may be feasible in 5 or 10 years.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #2650
paF4uko
Blow the Horn!

Likes (Received): 753

Varna - Burgas construction is scheduled in the beginning of the next EU programming period which is 2014. Poverty is a relative notion and when talking about it people usually disregard debt...
Old April 24th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #2651
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
A Black Sea Motorway would be a good idea after 2020. Meanwhile, they could construct portions of it around larger cities (Constanţa, Varna & Burgas) prior to 2020 if necessary.

While BG and RO are indeed the poorest countries in the European Union, it is unlikely that they won't grow in economic terms. What is not feasible now, may be feasible in 5 or 10 years.
+1

@nenea_hartia Romania is coordinator of Black Sea transport strategy for BSEC so it's natural.

I've managed to find a map with an alternative route:
Old April 24th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #2652
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
and the hungarian lake Balaton motorway ring.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #2653
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by paF4uko View Post
Varna - Burgas construction is scheduled in the beginning of the next EU programming period which is 2014.
Quote:
As I said, a bypass for Constanţa is under construction as we speak, and as paF4uko said, the next part of an hypothetical Black Sea motorway, the link between Varna and Burgas, is scheduled to begin in 2014. This is definitely good stuff. But I am rather skeptic about completing an entire motorway between Constanţa and Istanbul until 2025.

Quote:
Let's hope so for both Bulgaria and Romania and why not, for the entire Black Sea region . I repeat, a Black Sea motorway would be an excellent idea.
Thank you for your kind words.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #2654
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paF4uko View Post
I don't think a motorway could go so close to the sea before the BG/RO border, because of the Durankulashko and Shablensko lakes. Then in Romania there's a firth between Doi Mai and Mangalia which I think is a protected area, so an imaginary motorway would mostly go west of the firth...
I wasn't thinking about a coastal motorway going very close to the sea, but a motorway on the Black Sea coast linking the cities I mentioned. Regarding the potential obstacles, AFAIK there are some important ones like the Lake Siutghiol but IMO the motorway could just go around instead of building a bridge over the lake (we actually debated this in the Romanian section).
Old April 24th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #2655
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
+1

@nenea_hartia Romania is coordinator of Black Sea transport strategy for BSEC so it's natural.

Well, the section through Romania and Bulgaria is not quite coastal in this version. The fact there will be motorways linking Bucharest and Sofia to the coastal cities and the relatively short distances in between Constanta, Varna and Burgas may warrant to build a proper coastal motorway in Bulgaria and Romania.
Old April 24th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #2656
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
A good question for motorway insiders would be if the freight traffic to and from Istanbul will move partially to this motorway when completed, because some people may disagree with moving the freight traffic to the touristic areas of the Black Sea.

On the other hand, the freight traffic should be a goal in itself IMO for this motorway, because without it, the motorway would not justify itself but only 3 months per year during the tourist season. For example, in between Constanta and the S resorts at the Black Sea there is a 2x2 express route (with some small exeptions) which is extremmely crowded during the 2 months tourist season and almost barren during the rest 10 months.

Quote:
Yes, that is true. But nenea_hartia had a point there because Romania and Bulgaria have a lot of urgent infrastructure priorities which will remain so for the coming 10 years at least, and this motorway might not be among the highest priorities. This being said, I think that without getting some support from the EU Romania and Bulgaria will not consider building this motorway before 2020, when some of the more urgent priorities have been completed. It could actually be an extension, another arm of Corridor IV (and a natural ending of the northern branch):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post

Last edited by Le Clerk; April 24th, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old April 24th, 2010, 05:52 PM   #2657
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
+1

The northern part should be very useful as part of a future "Silk Road" motorway or expressway between Europe and China.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #2658
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
I've seen it here:

But still you have your "tourist" motorway-[M7].
Old April 27th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #2659
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18769

Since FloatingShift seems too busy to post his wonderful report from the construction site of Lyulin Motorway from last week, here it goes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatingShift View Post
Днес направих малко снимки по трасето на магистрала Люлин. Не очаквах такъв напредък от последната ми разходка миналата есен.

Първо кръговото - вече е асфалтирано (неокончателно) и може да се ползва, макар че рампите към магистралата не са довършени.

Голяма част от трасето до Мало Бучино е почти готово и в момента довършват асфалта и редят парапети по виадуктите.

Quote:
Следва най-интересното- започнали са първия тунел - веднага след Мало Бучино през наносния конус при входа на Люлинския проход. Използват бърза технология - стените са правени с шлицов багер или по някакъв подобен начин направо в земята, а свода го редят от готови дъги, които после ще бетонират отгоре. А после едновременно могат да прокопаят сечението на тунела и да го засипват отгоре.

Quote:
Следва виадукт и веднага след него пак ще има тунел.

Значителен напредък има на границата на Софийска и Пернишка област. Тук дълбоката траншея през хълма е прокопана до сегашния път и подготвят част от бъдещия тунел, която ще бъде укрепена и ще служи за мост, по който ще изместят стария път, за да продължат траншеята през него.

От дясната страна на пътя засега подготвят терена за продължението на траншеята.

Quote:
Следва отново виадукт. Тук си спомних, че някой от българската фирма - автор на техническия проект обясняваше, че италианската фирма, изработила идейния проект, била предвидила твърде много мостове, дори на места, където е много по-лесно, икономично и бързо да се направи насип. Обърнете внимание как на това място не само, че не е направен насип, въпреки че пътят върви почти на нивото на телена, а напротив - скатът е издълбан, за да се направи място за моста. Вярно, че по същото трасе тече една малка рекичка, но се чудя дали само тя е причината.

След още два виадукта, редуващи се буквално един след друг, трасето на магистралата се прехвърля отляво на стария път и се изкачва по баира над Голямо Бучино. Вижда се един по-малък мост над дере.

Quote:
И стигаме до големия мост над село Голямо Бучино, където масивните пилони ще бъдат свързани с бетонни греди с дължина 43 метра! Тук преди няколко дни стана нещастието, за което разбрахме всички. На четвъртата снимка се вижда ясно стълбът с частично рухнал кофраж, а на заден план се виждат и няколко стълба, кофражът по които е укрепен със скелета, достигащи земята. За съжаление точно въпросният стълб е най-високият и вероятно не е било удобно да се изгради такова скеле, уви. След този мост трасето завива наляво през едно ниско било и започва да се спуска към пътен възел Даскалово.

Отново се работи и по пътен възел Даскалово. Тук магистралата ще минава над пътя София - Перник. Според мен ще се получи доста внушително съоръжение. В заключение вече имам надежда, че основното строителство ще приключи в общи линии тази година, но не вярвам магистралата да е готова за за експлоатация преди пролетта - лятото на следващата. Да се надяваме, че няма да се изгуби европейското финансиране, а също и че в преследването му няма да се компрометира качеството на пътя.

Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #2660
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Unfortunately it seems that there is still a lot to do. I really hope that it will be finished til the End of the year.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia