daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 7th, 2010, 02:29 PM   #2881
EEH
разбирач :))

Likes (Received): 8216

Quote:
Originally Posted by domogled View Post
Yet I believe that in post completion phase of the Danube's second bridge and with supposedly increased traffic values an upgrade to the existing 1x1 would be required. After all, the section in between Varna and Botevgrad is placed on an European corridor and it would be such a pity not to ask UE for funds on that particular corridor as (we) your neighbours in the north might eventually do it
Unfortunately, it is not. It is considered internal motorway and it will not be funded by the EU unless the EU officials change their minds.
EEH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #2882
domogled
black metal teacher

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEH View Post
Unfortunately, it is not. It is considered internal motorway and it will not be funded by the EU unless the EU officials change their minds.

how comes that it is considered an internal (supposed) motorway of Bulgaria if it is situated on a pan European corridor, I don't get it. If there will be a motorway it should be built with funds from U.E(75% and the rest from local funds).
But I think we have a similar problem with a section on our A1, the section between Sibiu and Pitesti which I believe is in the same position with no funding from UE. and being on the norhern branch of that corridor That's strange, in my humble opinion all future and actual plans for motorways on the pan European corridors should be backed and financed both by UE and the country where that particular segment of a motorway shall exist.

I really don't get it here why they consider some of those segments as
internal motorways tho they are on the corridors, maybe somebody has an idea and will let me/us know.

Craiova-Calafat railway section is also on that corridor and recently I read news about funds from UE for upgrading this railway segment which ultimately will end in the bridge (doubling and electrifying).
"Upgrading the railway Craiova - Calafat: in between 400 şi 660 millions euro
will be at CFR's disposal. The national railway company shall be able choose out of 4 alternatives for upgrading the railway section and to increase the speed to 160km/h. The funds are suppsoed to come form the European allocations for POS Transport for the period of time 2014 - 2020."
source in romanian
Old September 7th, 2010, 07:43 PM   #2883
EEH
разбирач :))

Likes (Received): 8216

At least the effords for improvement of the the railways to the Vidin-Calafat bridge from both sides are in one direction. Bulgaria intends to develop the design for the rehabilitation of the Sofia-Vidin railway and start the real construction during the next 2014-2020 period.

In regards to Botevgrad-Varna motorway, our officials say they are now negotiating with the EU to receive funding for it, but no positive results have been achieved so far.
EEH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #2884
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12040

Quote:
But I think we have a similar problem with a section on our A1, the section between Sibiu and Pitesti which I believe is in the same position with no funding from UE. and being on the norhern branch of that corridor That's strange,
Only half of it is funded by the EU. Most probably, the EU financing for the Romanian motorway sections was topped before the entire A1 could be ensured with EU funding.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 07:57 PM   #2885
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
"Upgrading the railway Craiova - Calafat: in between 400 şi 660 millions euro
will be at CFR's disposal. The national railway company shall be able choose out of 4 alternatives for upgrading the railway section and to increase the speed to 160km/h. The funds are suppsoed to come form the European allocations for POS Transport for the period of time 2014 - 2020."
As I said in a previous post, for the following years the bridge will just gonna stay there like a diamond in the mud. No motorway connections on neither side and no modern railway links, at least for the Romanian river bank, 'cause the existing railway Calafat (Golenţi) - Craiova is a piece of crap .
With almost no traffic at all on the newly modernized national route DN56A (as good as the Bulgarian road Botevgrad-Vidin) and with an obvious lack of interest from both Ro & Bg governments, there is the risk for the bridge to be seen only as a monument to be visited, and not as it was really supposed to be: a fantastic achievement of engineering and a very useful piece of infrastructure.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 09:10 PM   #2886
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12040

Not true! A lot of the TIR traffic will move to this route since it is shorter than the norther section of Corridor IV through Giurgiu-Ruse bridge. Just wait and see! Don't you think truckers would want to avoid the current route through Sebes, Deva, Sibiu Olt Valley which is crazy crowded, longer and more difficult than the corridor opened by the new bridge at Calafat-Vidin?
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #2887
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Not true! A lot of the TIR traffic will move to this route since it is shorter than the norther section of Corridor IV through Giurgiu-Ruse bridge. Just wait and see! Don't you think truckers would want to avoid the current route through Sebes, Deva, Sibiu Olt Valley which is crazy crowded, longer and more difficult than the corridor opened by the new bridge at Calafat-Vidin?
Basically these are different corridors. Almost no one who needs to go from southern and western parts of Bulgaria and wants to go to Central Europe uses Giurgiu-Ruse. Giurgiu-Ruse is used by the ones that travel mostly on a south-north direction (through E-85) and by the ones from north-eastern part of Bulgaria (region Varna-Shumen) to travel to west. So I'm not sure if a large part of traffic from Giurgiu-Ruse will move to Calafat-Vidin.
Also, the amount of traffic on the bridge will be influenced by the amount of money we will have to pay to pass over it.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #2888
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Not true! A lot of the TIR traffic will move to this route since it is shorter than the norther section of Corridor IV through Giurgiu-Ruse bridge. Just wait and see!
There is already heavy TIR traffic on the Botevgrad-Vidin road. I travel it at least once a month as my wife's parents are from Montana(in teh middle of the road) and there is always a lot of TIR trucks(mostly Polish, Czech, Romanian, Turkish, Bulgarian registration plates)... probably at least half of them use the Oryahovo-Beket ferry, but i believe once the bridge is ready they will head towards Vidin as well.
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 02:15 PM   #2889
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

I think truck traffic will increase when Romania and Bulgaria join Schengen. The choice is then to follow a borderless route, or a more comfortable, but with two or three Schengen border route.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:34 PM   #2890
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I think truck traffic will increase when Romania and Bulgaria join Schengen. The choice is then to follow a borderless route, or a more comfortable, but with two or three Schengen border route.
We will see...Of course there will be a traffic increase but maybe no more than 50%. Don't forget that the turks have a better route to go to central and western Europe, through Egnatia motorway.There the tolls are very low, you have to pay for the ferry, but you make an economy on fuel and can sleep for the night.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:40 PM   #2891
Turnovec
-----------

Some photo reportage of E772 -> Varna-Sofia.
The perticular Section is Veliko Tarnovo-Sevlievo

Old September 8th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #2892
Turnovec
-----------

And this is ІІ-35 Troyan-Lovech-Pleven.
Perticularly the bypass of Lovech.

Old September 8th, 2010, 11:57 PM   #2893
vycanismajoris

Likes (Received): 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Exactly. I've traveled both ways and i have no doubts, the romanian side is much more preferable. Serbian authorities sometimes make you wanna puke (sorry)

Last edited by vycanismajoris; September 9th, 2010 at 12:14 AM.
vycanismajoris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 01:38 AM   #2894
tanashubav

Likes (Received): 1977

The length of the motorways in Bulgaria is as folowing:

Trakiya (A1)
There are two parts:
Sofia – Stara Zagora 207,762 km.
Karnobat - Burgas 35,176 km.
Total: 242,938km.

Hemus (A2)
There are two parts:
Gorni Bogrov – Yablanitsa 70,430 km.
Shumen – Varna 75,213 km.
Total: 145,643 km.

Maritsa (A3)
There are two parts:
Plodovitovo intersection - Road II-66 5,000km.
Harmanli - Svilengrad (from km.73+930 till km. 108+260) 34,330km.
Total: 39,330 km.

The first 3 km. of Maritsa are common with Trakiya motorway!

Cherno more (A5)
One section near Varna.
8,221 km.

Struma (A6)
One section from Pernik to Dolna Dikanya.
17,232 km.

Оverall
450,644 км.

The Motorway sections under construction in Bulgaria are:

Trakiya motorway:
Three "LOT"'s(sections):
LOT 2 from Stara Zagora to Nova Zagora 31,5km(from 210+100 till km 241+900);
LOT 3 from Nova Zagora to Yambol 34,3km.(from km 241+900 till km 276+200);
LOT 4 from Yambol to Karnobat 49.08 km. (from km 276+200 till km. 325+280).
All three LOT's at Trakiya must be completed till summer of 2012.

Liylin motorway:
The entire planned length is under construction. It is total 19,135km. About 70 % of the work is done. Opening is scheduled for 01.06.2011.

Maritsa motorway:
A short section of 0,990 km. near town of Harmanli is under construction. It includes a bridge over Maritsa river. It would be opened at 20.09.2010.

Overall under construction at 09.09.2010:

135.005km.

Last edited by tanashubav; September 13th, 2010 at 12:56 AM.
tanashubav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 01:57 AM   #2895
bgplayer19

Likes (Received): 0

By the way do you know whether this kind of signs with bubbles indicating foreign countries are being used in Bulgaria?I haven't seen any ...

bgplayer19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #2896
mediar
Digital.Creation

Likes (Received): 5336

No, they aren't in use here in Bulgaria, but instead of that we write the full name of the country, for example:

|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
| Greece )
|_______/

НЕ ИЗПОЛЗВАЙТЕ GOOGLE-СКИ САЙТОВЕ ЗА ХОСТИНГ НА СНИМКИ!!!
mediar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #2897
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

I am uploading videos of a trip on the E-79 nationalroad and of the Struma motorway, with great electronic music playing in the car very loud but with high quality. Ofcourse the quality can't be heart that much, because youtube is low quality, but still, the fine electronic music is the best music to listen, while travelling on this awesome roads. Altough the roads are extremly smooth i could not hold the camera still all whole time because I was enjoying the music.

Last edited by Radish2; September 9th, 2010 at 04:50 PM.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #2898
bozata90

Likes (Received): 50

Our way of signing foreign destinations is quite outdated - it is from the times before the iron curtain. Where the borders were travelable for Bulgarian citizens (i.e. the Eastern loc countries), the major destination in the neighbouring country is shown - like Belgrade. In other cases you have the border crossing - like Kulata or Svilengrad. There are no country ovals and full names are shown only a few kms before the border.
bozata90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #2899
Radish2

I have to cut the video, because it is longer than 10 minutes, real idiots.

Last edited by Radish2; September 9th, 2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old September 9th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #2900
Radish2

Here is one of them while going back, shows the smoogh and very even E-79 nationalroad while finest electronic music was playing in the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oJtWTY3sSo

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia