daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 1st, 2011, 09:40 AM   #3301
mediar
Digital.Creation

Likes (Received): 5336

Actually that wasn't that far away in the past, because the latest cases date back to summer 2009, as far as I remember.

EDIT: I just found one more page with a lot of information about the robberies - http://www.focus-news.net/?id=h2776 ( especially the titles - "Мъж е убит при престрелка с полицията в района на Вакарел", "Агенция „Фокус” припомня:", "Магистралните грабежи, справка Агенция "Фокус" " ). A short history of the latest robberies till November 2009, without the one after that - http://dnes.dir.bg/news.php?id=5544117. Another article for the curious - http://www.24chasa.bg/Article.asp?ArticleId=315041 .

And an article from March 2011, saying that the group, accused for the robberies is acquited, because of lack of evidences - http://www.24chasa.bg/Article.asp?ArticleId=835585

All the articles are in bulgarian, but you can use Google Translator.

---------------------------

If you're not interested in reading them, this is the summary:

6 or 7 robberies in 2009;
3 robberies in 2008;
1 robbery in 2006;
1 robbery in 2005;
30 ( yes, thirty ) robberies in 2004;
more than 5 outrageous before 2004.

The targets are mainly foreigners. In late 2004 the group "The Crocodiles / Крокодилите" was caught and kept in prison ( and the number of the crimes decreased signifficantly ), but set free after a while because of lack of evidences. In April 2011 the group was acquited.

НЕ ИЗПОЛЗВАЙТЕ GOOGLE-СКИ САЙТОВЕ ЗА ХОСТИНГ НА СНИМКИ!!!

Last edited by mediar; May 1st, 2011 at 11:17 AM.
mediar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2011, 03:28 PM   #3302
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

I wanted to ask if the Ljulin motorway is finished and open yet, or not yet? it would be a shame if it is still not opened, really a shame.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2011, 07:40 PM   #3303
Tego
·!¦[· (17:50) ·]¦!

Likes (Received): 9462

Two more weeks, Radi. Two more. The 15th of May, 2011 is the official opening date.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:29 PM   #3304
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Oxo, Radi is back!

Historical development of Trakia motorway[A1] by REAKT0R:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...historical.gif

Overpass over railway Nova Zagora-Simeonovgrad:
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 01:04 AM   #3305
PhirgataZFs1694

A tiny update from the roundabout(future full cloverleaf) near Stara Zagora on Trakia Motorway[A1] and I-5:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacholuu View Post
Малко снимки от кръговото при Стара Загора от 26.04.11г.

Old May 6th, 2011, 03:04 AM   #3306
Ekliptiko
lezi lebu da te jedem

Likes (Received): 7

Does there exist a map showing average daily traffic for all roads in Bulgaria?
Old May 6th, 2011, 10:03 AM   #3307
mediar
Digital.Creation

Likes (Received): 5336

No.

НЕ ИЗПОЛЗВАЙТЕ GOOGLE-СКИ САЙТОВЕ ЗА ХОСТИНГ НА СНИМКИ!!!
mediar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #3308
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Croatia are not even in the EU and their roads are much much better than ours (Bulgaria). How can they do it and we can't
As if entering EU equals good roads and being outside equals bad roads.
Switzerland, Poland, Bulgaria, Norway etc.
The richer the country the better the roads are, it is as simple as that. Being in EU alone doesn't mean that you autmaticly have good raods and that someone being outside of EU has bad roads.
Think next time before you write something like that.
Croatia is in every aspect ahead of BG and RO.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #3309
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tego View Post
Two more weeks, Radi. Two more. The 15th of May, 2011 is the official opening date.
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCC
CCKKKKKKKKIIINNGGGGG AAAAAAAAAWWWWEEEE
EEESSSSSSSSSSOOOO
OOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE
Old May 6th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #3310
vycanismajoris

Likes (Received): 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
The richer the country the better the roads are, it is as simple as that. Being in EU alone doesn't mean that you autmaticly have good raods and that someone being outside of EU has bad roads.
What do you know? The mentor is here. Please, don't tell me where the sun goes at night.
vycanismajoris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #3311
Botev1912

Likes (Received): 575

Quote:
The EU gives a lot of money for roads. If Croatia is ahead of BG and RO in every aspect why isn't Croatia in the EU yet? I know that your government wants to join the EU, but you can't qualify yet. There are a lot of requirements to join the EU
Botev1912 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #3312
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
The richer the country the better the roads are, it is as simple as that.
You've probably never been to Central & Northern Norway. You would be surprised.

Overall you are definitely right: money make good roads. Me & Botev1912 were just intrigued how is it that our two countries can't build better roads faster although we are using EU funding. I've been in your country and I admire Croatia. But friendly exposures of the facts would be always preferable to blunt and sometimes rude sentences. At least for me
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #3313
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

I have been to central Norway and yes Norway has some crappy roads, but generally they are good if we considered how big is the country and how sparely it is populated. They don't need motorways connecting all parts of the country it is not feasible and not needed.
And i am not Croat. I am just stating obvious facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
The EU gives a lot of money for roads. If Croatia is ahead of BG and RO in every aspect why isn't Croatia in the EU yet? I know that your government wants to join the EU, but you can't qualify yet. There are a lot of requirements to join the EU
I know that EU gives lot of money, but it doesn't mean that non EU countries don't invest in roads.

Croatia is not in EU because of the political problems, when BG and RO considered questions like joining EU, Croatia had war on its territory simple as that.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 12:55 AM   #3314
Radish2

I guess the new motorway will be very crappy, judging on the pics I have seen and I am really sorry about it. I wanted one ******* more thing to be proud off about bulgaria, but even that seems to be ******* crap. when we entered the overpasses and the roundabout, that were build new, the asphalt was very soft and not very even and was way crappier then any struma motorway or E 79 asphalt, even the new motorway part, that I was on, that replaced the old part near the struma motorway end at daskalovo felt very shitty and like awful quality. I guess I will not come to bulgaria soon, because when I come there, I want to relax and see something nice and new, and not to get in a bad mood and see, how the very very only good thing that ever has been made in Bulgaria slowly begins to age but is still in top shape. The E-79 nationalraod and the Struma motorway have such an amazing asphalt that you can drive with whatever speed you want and the car will never shake, the motorway and the nationalroad til Dupnica have the best grip I have ever felt on any motorway except very new Slovenian motorways maybe, but all other roads feel awful and look shite. but that is so typical for bulgaria. And big respect to the macedonian company Mavrovo, who helped realising 40 km of masterpiece road that the country will probably never ever see til roads will ever exist, I am extremly angry.
Old May 8th, 2011, 01:11 AM   #3315
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tego View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
An image from Lyulin Motorway[A5]:
It looks bad. Where are the markings. And I don't like that there is no concrete in the middle but plain earth. Grass will grow fast and they will not cut it frequently, I am affraid. It won be a second Struma motorway.
Old May 8th, 2011, 02:21 AM   #3316
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
It looks bad. Where are the markings. And I don't like that there is no concrete in the middle but plain earth. Grass will grow fast and they will not cut it frequently, I am affraid. It won be a second Struma motorway.
Markings are not yet put, Radi.

I think that the only problem of Lyulin Motorway is that it is just too far from Blagoevgrad-the spring of wellness and crashbarrier-shininess, isn't it?
Old May 8th, 2011, 02:52 AM   #3317
Radish2

Quote:

I think that the only problem of Lyulin Motorway is that it is just too far from Blagoevgrad-the spring of wellness and crashbarrier-shininess, isn't it?
emm no. And ofcourse the markings are put, should I show you a picture? Blagoevgrad is not the spring of shininess and wellness, it is probably Dupnica, with the view of the Rila mountains. It suits very well when someone sees them while drving on roads with grey brown asphalt and glowing markings and nice shiny crashbarriers.
Old May 8th, 2011, 05:51 AM   #3318
AUchamps

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
emm no. And ofcourse the markings are put, should I show you a picture? Blagoevgrad is not the spring of shininess and wellness, it is probably Dupnica, with the view of the Rila mountains. It suits very well when someone sees them while drving on roads with grey brown asphalt and glowing markings and nice shiny crashbarriers.
So Radi, when does the next phaser of the Struma open? And for old times sake, can you please use the term whoreson?
But what is Strumatic, we have to define what Strumatic is, a word that refers to the experience of driving/travelling on a superior motorway called Struma motorway or to the ultimative psychedelic road experience only possible on brand new roads and most effective when there´s snow outside so that the shiny crashbarriers shine even more and reflect the snow and the asphalt looks even better. I must think of it´s best definition first. -Radi Click
AUchamps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #3319
Radish2

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUchamps View Post
So Radi, when does the next phaser of the Struma open? And for old times sake, can you please use the term whoreson?
No, that is not possible. I have grown to a point where I stop using very nasty words, where they are not appropiate. I rethought what I aid yesterday and I think the motorway could be pretty good. It does look pretty good, has shiny crashbarriers and the green balustrade at the bridges with glass looks very well aswell. It looks a lot Slovenian, which I like as design. I just hope the asphalt will be good aswell. What annoyed me was that the roundabout has very bad markings

And that is not appriopiate for a main motorway junction at all.
Old May 8th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #3320
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediar View Post
There used to be, untill the latest government. You can compare a brand new section in Bulgaria and a brand new section in Croatia or Slovenia. And you'll see why our newest sections are so cheap. The problem is mainly in the old and poor construction plans and the lack of any additional elements on our motorways.

For example: Burgas - Karnobat was opened a few years ago. Look at it now:

--------------------------------------

The entire reportages of the two newest motorway sections in Bulgaria are as follows:

Chirpan - Stara Zagora - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...9#post63425589
Tinypic slightly decreased the quality of the photos, so better one can be found in my site - http://mediar.hybridfire.net/photos/...8-09-2010.html

Karnobat - Burgas - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...3#post75583693

In comparison, you can visit the threads of the other countries and compare their newest motorways with ours.
The other pics of this section look pretty good though, the asphalt looks still clean and the markings and crash barriers are clean also. But for example the Struma motorway, which is new aswell does not have damaged asphalt yet. Altough it suffers extrem winters every year and is probably the motorway with the toughest conditions the materials have to endure in bulgaria. I am pretty sure about that. But it is top quality and probably as good as a croatian or Slovenian motorway, if not better.

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia