daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 9th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #3341
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Our mod- Chilio has noticed that flyovers of the new Vidin's bypass, part of the adjoining infrastructure of the bridge Vidin-Calafat(RO) over the Danube, are built wide enough to accommodate a full motorway(2x2+e).
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2011, 08:01 PM   #3342
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

so soon a time will come where people will be able to drive on 60 km long section without any waveand any faded marking when counting the Ljulin motorway, the Struma motorway and the E 79 nationalroad. At the half of that section, they will stop at the Mc Donald's, which ofcourse has shiny chairs outside and eat something and continue their journey towards Greece continueing on another 30 km of perfect road with not one wave and I guess not one missing marking.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #3343
Tego
·!¦[· (17:50) ·]¦!

Likes (Received): 9461

Sounds idyllic, indeed! Just the McDonald's part spoils it for me... Although considering the shiny chairs, I might give it a second thought.
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:01 AM   #3344
PhirgataZFs1694

I think that McDonalds strategy makers have read Radi's comments too seriously and got a wrong impression about bulgarians as crows*

and put their shiny chairs on "still the shiniest motorway in the world"-Struma.

*crows are known for their love for shiny small objects like small pieces of glass, beer caps, which they sometimes carry in their nests
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:17 AM   #3345
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
SNV. Belgium also uses it.
khm, i'm not too sure. Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia. i find Belgian much different
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #3346
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

But only Serbia, Macedonia and Bosnia had Cyrillic version :p
And now Bulgaria.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #3347
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tego View Post
Sounds idyllic, indeed! Just the McDonald's part spoils it for me... Although considering the shiny chairs, I might give it a second thought.
If you don't want Mc Donald's, you go to Shell and buy foot there.
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:25 AM   #3348
AUchamps

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
If Radi says McDonalds is the best, then it's the best.
But what is Strumatic, we have to define what Strumatic is, a word that refers to the experience of driving/travelling on a superior motorway called Struma motorway or to the ultimative psychedelic road experience only possible on brand new roads and most effective when there´s snow outside so that the shiny crashbarriers shine even more and reflect the snow and the asphalt looks even better. I must think of it´s best definition first. -Radi Click
AUchamps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:43 AM   #3349
Radish2

No, it's not the best and I do not like it a lot. But It just fits in since it has shiny chairs (altough all Mc Donald's do) But there are several Gas stations on the motorway with normal foot available. The Gas stations look like they are from doom 3 outside and inside.
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:46 AM   #3350
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
If you don't want Mc Donald's, you go to Shell and buy foot there.
Quote:
No, it's not the best and I do not like it a lot. But It just fits in since it has shiny chairs (altough all Mc Donald's do) But there are several Gas stations on the motorway with normal foot available. The Gas stations look like they are from doom 3 outside and inside.
Oh, goody. Do they sell hands also? God gave me two left hands and I am looking for a right one ever since.
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #3351
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

radi foot fetish
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #3352
Radish2

what is the speed limit of the Ljulin motorway?
Old May 11th, 2011, 01:14 AM   #3353
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
oh come on, if you think that the chairs are the most important thing in retaurant, why do they cook there? you should be happy about restaruant which serves shopska salata, gyuvech, lozovi sarmi, kebapche, shishcheta, pleskavitse, and not that tastelss crap.
Old May 11th, 2011, 01:26 AM   #3354
Radish2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
oh come on, if you think that the chairs are the most important thing in retaurant, why do they cook there? you should be happy about restaruant which serves shopska salata, gyuvech, lozovi sarmi, kebapche, shishcheta, pleskavitse, and not that tastelss crap.
Well, Mc donald's is not that great foot and usually I do not care about the chairs a lot. But it just suits on the Struma motorway that the chairs are shiny. the struma motorway crashbarriers are not that shiny anymore unfortunately. But the asphalt is still untouched and people will have 60 km of road without any bump or wave, maybe a tiny wave each 10 km that can not be felt.
Old May 11th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #3355
Radish2

I am just hoping a lot, that the motorway will not only be opened for short on May 15th and then closed again, that would be a shame since I am in germany and really thinking of going there to take some videos of it, what do you think?
Old May 11th, 2011, 10:06 PM   #3356
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
Seriously, guys I am amazed about your knowledge of Bulgaria.
Firstly, panda80 and danielstan speak about bulgarian as if they had studied bulgarian philology.
And now x-type is obviously a bulgarian cuisine expert!

Quote:
I am just hoping a lot, that the motorway will not only be opened for short on May 15th and then closed again, that would be a shame since I am in germany and really thinking of going there to take some videos of it, what do you think?
Do so, please. We want to hear the expert judge it.
Old May 13th, 2011, 02:50 AM   #3357
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

My statements about Bulgarian language are not from studies made in Bulgaria, of course, but they are not pure speculations.
I am pasionate about the origins of my mother tongue, Romanian, and I have read a lot of Romanian linguists explaining the influence of other languages in Romanian.
I have studied with my limited powers few slavic languages (at 'tourist' level) in order to find the unexplainable anomalies from Romanian language versus other neo-latin languages.

If anything I said about Bulgarian language is false, please correct me as I am eager to learn.

But I do know that:
Bulgarian uses definite article at the end of the noun - also Macedonian does this (and I don't debate if Macedonian is a dialect of Bulgarian or not).
No other slavic languages uses articles with nouns!
Romanian uses the same gramatical construction, while all other neo-latin languages put the article before the noun.
I read from a Romanian linguist that also Greek language has this, but I am not able to confirm as I don't know Greek at all.

Another strange thing in Romanian is that some words containing 'a', by declination (transformation in derivate words) are transforming the 'a' in 'ă'.
I guess this has a Bulgarian influence, as many other slavic languages do not have 'ă', while in the main neo-latin languages this does not happen.
Some Romanian linguist believe that Albanian also influenced Romanian in this matter, but I am also unable to confirm.

Some nouns in Romanian are declined from masculin form (male) to feminin (female) form like in many slavic languages:
român (masculin) - româncă (feminin)
ţigan (masculin) - ţigancă (feminin)

Last edited by danielstan; May 13th, 2011 at 03:02 AM.
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #3358
FloatingShift

Likes (Received): 8572

danielstan, this is a very interesting topic, although it's of the "off" type and I am afraid that the mods may stretch our years, but I can't resist the temptation to comment on it. It seems that in the time of the great migration of the Slavs in the 5th century the Romanian lands became populated by more Slavs than Dacians/Romanians. So the Proto-Romanian language indeed was heavily influenced by Slavic with at some point up to a half of the Romanian vocabulary being borrowed from Slavic, although this share has significantly decreased over time. It is interesting for example that all words related to commerce in Romanian in the Middle Ages were taken from Slavic, as the Dacian population was sedentary, but agrarian, while the Slavs inhabited vast territories and apparently had developed trade networks. Also the way Romanians count was influenced by Slavic - for example "unsprezece" is a direct translation of the Slavic/Bulgarian "единадесет" (one on ten).

And then it’s interesting how the numerous Slavic population in present day Romania was gradually Romanized since the XVth century as some documents from the Brasov city archive show, and Vlahian/Romanian slowly got the upper hand. And I bet that most Bulgarians (I don’t know about Romanians) don't have a clue about this linguistic affinity between our nations that should make us closer.
FloatingShift no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #3359
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

Slavic population of Romania has Romanized as the Romanian population of Bulgaria and Serbia (so-called 'Vlachs') have forgotten their language.
This is a phenomena accelerated in the last 100 years in many countries where ethnic minorities dissapear in the mass of the majority, due to education, state TV and radio in the official language.
Example: Greater Romania after 1918 had 29% ethnic minorities. Today Romania (without Bessarabia, Northern Bukovina and South Dobrudja a.k.a. Cadrilater) has 10,5% minorities (2002 census).
It is a fact that most of German and Jewish minorities of Romania have emigrated to their countries.

Last edited by danielstan; May 13th, 2011 at 02:54 PM.
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #3360
Radish2

so i wont go to bulgaria now unfortunately. No money. If some people would donate, I will go, I need 100 € in order to be able to go to Bulgaria and return with someone I know, then I will record very good videos and write a very detailed report about the Ljulin motorway. If someone will lend me a professional cam I will take the video and send the cam back. So if someone wants an analys and a video, you my donate.

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia