daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 17th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #3541
koynov

Likes (Received): 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
why does none comment the motorway, it does look very good.
Because Radi we already commented this highway many times
koynov no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #3542
AUchamps

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by koynov View Post
Because Radi we already commented this highway many times
But it is Radi Law that we sing praises of Struma. If we do not, Radi will re-educate us to think correctly. It is righteous to willingly accept Struma Indoctrination by Radi, so that we may never again dare call another motorway(Struma is and always will be a Motorway) superior to that of Struma.

Struma is good, Struma is great, never question why, never think otherwise.
But what is Strumatic, we have to define what Strumatic is, a word that refers to the experience of driving/travelling on a superior motorway called Struma motorway or to the ultimative psychedelic road experience only possible on brand new roads and most effective when there´s snow outside so that the shiny crashbarriers shine even more and reflect the snow and the asphalt looks even better. I must think of it´s best definition first. -Radi Click
AUchamps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #3543
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

What if I say that Lyulin is Strumatic? Is there a better compliment?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #3544
bogdymol
bogdymod

I think that Radi will like this shiny crash barriers from Poland:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufonut View Post
A8 - AOW - Wroclaw Bypass (unopened part)
more pictures here
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #3545
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

^ No, B-type.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #3546
TonyLeung
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

When is the A3 Highway completed ??
TonyLeung no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 07:40 PM   #3547
Falusi
hanzi13

Likes (Received): 192

Strumatic ...

Highways clinched by me
A AND BIH C CH CZ D E F FL GR H HKJ HR I MC MK RO PL SK SLO SRB T UAE
doing MSc in Mechanical Engineering
Falusi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #3548
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

wow, the polish motorway looks really great. The crashbarriers are not as shiny as many Bulgarian ones, but I love the glass noise protection and dark asphalt
Old July 18th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #3549
koynov

Today news

Quote:
Bulgaria's Neglected Northern Highway Revived with Start of New Section
Business | July 18, 2011, Monday
Bulgaria: Bulgaria's Neglected Northern Highway Revived with Start of New Section
(L-R) Finance Minister Djankov, Regional Devt MInister Plevneliev, and Shumen District Governor Dimitar Alexandrov break the ground of the new Hemus Highway section as PM Borisov looks on. Photo by BGNES

The Bulgarian government has launched the construction of an 8-km section of the Hemus Highway, which is supposed to connect Sofia and Varna through Northern Bulgaria.

The start of the construction was given by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, Finance Minister Simeon Djankov, Regional Development Minister Rosen Plevneliev, and Varna Mayor Kiril Yordanov.

The 8 km section will be an extension in the western direction of the existing eastern section of the Hemus Highway running from Varna to the city of Shumen. With the extension, the highway will reach the village of Belokopitovo.

The construction of the new section of Hemus will cost BGN 38 M, and will be fully funded from the state budget. It needs to be completed in 14 months. The Bulgarian company "Avtomagistrali Cherno More" has been picked to construct it.

PM Borisov emphasized at the ground breaking ceremony that his government has managed to set aside funds from other highway projects that have been prioritized in order to revive the construction of the only highway project in Northern Bulgaria, which has been long neglected. Borisov further reminded that his Cabinet has gotten the European Commission to agree that the Hemus Highway should be eligible for EU funding

"Our government has made a real breakthrough in order to guarantee the funding for Hemus. We have put in great efforts so that we can economize from other projects in order to fund this section," the Prime Minister said.

He announced that in 4 weeks the government will give the start of another section of the Hemus Highway, about 11 km long, this time an eastward extension of the existing section from Sofia to Yablanitsa.

Currently, only 34% of the Hemus Highway have been constructed – that is, 145 km out of a total of 423 km.

The Hemus Highway is supposed to connect Sofia and Varna on the Black Sea through a shorter route than the southern Trakiya Highway (443 km), passing by several major northern cities – Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, and Shumen. At present, however, only the start section from Sofia to Yablanitsa and the end section from Shumen to Varna have been completed.

Earlier in July, the government started the construction of the 8.5 km section of the Hemus Highway connecting it to the Sofia beltway, which is seen as crucial for unloading the heavy traffic in Sofia's suburban area; it will be built by a Bulgarian-Croatian consortium called Hemus A2. The consortium includes Trace Group Hold, the same company currently constructing Lot 2 of the Trakiya Highway, SK-13 Patstroy AD – Pernik, and Constructor-Engineering AD from Croatia.
Old July 18th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #3550
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Can anybody please post a map of Hemus motorway? I'd like to know what major cities it will link (NUTS 3 centers, preferrably), and how. I didn't quite get how it will link Veliko Tarnovo, as it is on the edge of the Balkans, in a quite hilly area.

And please explain, what great advantages would an 8 km extension bring? On the map, it just seems to bypass the main intersection leading to Shumen, but other than that, it doesn't seem to help traffic that much at all. I'd like to be corrected on this .

PS: any news on a thorough rehabilitation of the Shumen-Varna stretch of motorway? Cause last time I used it, 2 years ago, it was absolutely appaling, we had to use the emergency lane. Now I'd much rather go through the horrible traffic of the romanian coast, using our A2 and DN39, knowing that I'd get to keep my tires at the end of the trip. Pity, cause the route through Bulgaria was a bit shorter and had better scenery.
Old July 19th, 2011, 12:32 AM   #3551
ETSEF

Likes (Received): 0

Does anyone know what the current plans are for the road between the Serbian-Bulgarian border and Sofia, the Sofia ring road (north) and the road between Plovdiv and the Turkish border?
It seems to me that the cunstruction plans for turning these roads into highways are not developing very fast.
ETSEF no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2011, 09:22 AM   #3552
koynov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETSEF View Post
Does anyone know what the current plans are for the road between the Serbian-Bulgarian border and Sofia, the Sofia ring road (north) and the road between Plovdiv and the Turkish border?
It seems to me that the cunstruction plans for turning these roads into highways are not developing very fast.
Sofia - Serbian border it will start somewhere between 2012 - 2013. But the road is ok now, the traffic is low except summer.
About Plovdiv - Turkish border - construction should be start in the next 1 month. Everything is almost ready there with documentation.
Old July 19th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #3553
daniel LNC
PAOK FANS

Likes (Received): 9

Hello,
Sofia ring indicator there before, coming from the direction of Botevgrad, to direct you to the new highway?
If you have a picture would be great

Thanks

daniel
daniel LNC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2011, 11:09 AM   #3554
tanashubav

Likes (Received): 1977

Quote:
The length of the motorways in Bulgaria is as folowing:

Trakiya (A1)
There are two parts:
Sofia – Stara Zagora 207,762 km.
Karnobat - Burgas 35,176 km.
Total: 242,938km.

Hemus (A2)
There are two parts:
Gorni Bogrov – Yablanitsa 70,430 km.
Shumen – Varna 75,213 km.
Total: 145,643 km.

Maritsa (A3)
There are two parts:
Plodovitovo intersection - Road II-66 5,000km.
Harmanli - Svilengrad (from km.72+940 till km 99+820 & from km. 108+510 till km 111+980) 30,350km.
Total: 35,130 km.

The first 3 km. of Maritsa are common with Trakiya motorway.
The section between km. 89+600 till km. 108+510 has one lane only, so it is not a motorway.

Cherno more (A5)
One section near Varna.
8,221 km.

Liylin (A6)
The entire motorway is finished 19,135km.

Struma (A6)
One section from Pernik to Dolna Dikanya.
17,232 km.

Liylin motorway is actually part of motorway A6 from Sofiq to Kulata (Greek border).

Оverall
463,299 км.

The Motorway sections under construction in Bulgaria are:

Trakiya motorway (A1):
Three "LOT"'s(sections):
LOT 2 from Stara Zagora to Nova Zagora 31,5km(from 210+100 till km 241+900);
LOT 3 from Nova Zagora to Yambol 34,3km.(from km 241+900 till km 276+200);
LOT 4 from Yambol to Karnobat 49.08 km. (from km 276+200 till km. 325+280).
All three LOT's at Trakiya must be completed till summer of 2012.
All under construction at Trakiya:114,880 km.

Hemus motorway (A2)
A 7,8km. long section from Shumen East intersection toward west is U/C.

Maritsa motorway (A3):
The section from km. 99+820 till km. 108+510 (8,690km.) has one lane only and the second should be completed till the end of 2011.
A 2 kilometre section starting from km.111+980 is also uder construction.

Overall under construction at 02.10.2010:
133,37km.
tanashubav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #3555
ETSEF

Quote:
Sofia - Serbian border it will start somewhere between 2012 - 2013. But the road is ok now, the traffic is low except summer.
About Plovdiv - Turkish border - construction should be start in the next 1 month. Everything is almost ready there with documentation.
Thank you for your information. But do you, or someone else maybe, know what the plans are for the north ring road of Sofia? That road is in such a bad shape and makes driving very hard because of all the holes. There definitely needs to be built a new road there.

Foreign people (mainly Turkish people that live in Europe) who are coming out of Serbia and who want to go to Turkey are always sended through the north ring road of Sofia. The sign there says 'Tranzit' and sends those people through the north ring of Sofia. That route also takes a lot of time, while the south ring road in Sofia has a much better quality and is a lot shorter. But I guess a lot of Turkish people from Europe do not know that there is a south ring road as well, that even has a better quality.

So when you are coming from Serbia and you are travelling through Sofia to go to Turkey, isn't it much better to drive over the south ring road of Sofia instead of the north ring road?
Old July 19th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #3556
koynov

North ring road will be replace by North Tangenta which will pass closer to the city and it will be the same like south part of the ring road with 3x3 lanes. Construction should start next year, but i think it will be somewhere 2013.
About road condition yeah you are right, but it will cost too much money for full renovation, turkish can wait for the tangenta
Still for turkish North ring is better. South part has heavy traffic and it will be longer for them.

Last edited by koynov; July 19th, 2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old July 19th, 2011, 06:43 PM   #3557
ETSEF

Quote:
North ring road will be replace by North Tangenta which will pass closer to the city and it will be the same like south part of the ring road with 3x3 lanes. Construction should start next year, but i think it will be somewhere 2013.
About road condition yeah you are right, but it will cost too much money for full renovation, turkish can wait for the tangenta
Still for turkish North ring is better. South part has heavy traffic and it will be longer for them.
I really doubt if it is better to go over the north ring, because I wasn't exaggerating when I said the quality of the north ring is really bad. I have been there many times and it was like our car was battling against the road and it's many (sometimes gigantic and really dangerous) holes. Honestly I do not understand why al those foreign people are sent through a really bad road while all the other people use the south ring which is in an excellent state. That north ring can be called dangerous, really.
I guess I would be happy to go over the south ring, even if it has heavy traffic, if the quality of the north ring does not change very soon. On the south ring you are at least sure that your car does not get damaged because of some gigantic hole in the road. It is sad, but it's true.
Old July 19th, 2011, 11:28 PM   #3558
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
Can anybody please post a map of Hemus motorway? I'd like to know what major cities it will link (NUTS 3 centers, preferrably), and how. I didn't quite get how it will link Veliko Tarnovo, as it is on the edge of the Balkans, in a quite hilly area.

And please explain, what great advantages would an 8 km extension bring? On the map, it just seems to bypass the main intersection leading to Shumen, but other than that, it doesn't seem to help traffic that much at all. I'd like to be corrected on this .

PS: any news on a thorough rehabilitation of the Shumen-Varna stretch of motorway? Cause last time I used it, 2 years ago, it was absolutely appaling, we had to use the emergency lane. Now I'd much rather go through the horrible traffic of the romanian coast, using our A2 and DN39, knowing that I'd get to keep my tires at the end of the trip. Pity, cause the route through Bulgaria was a bit shorter and had better scenery.

Hemus will connect Sofia, Botevgrad,Lovech, Troyan, Pleven, Pavlikeni, Veliko Tarnovo, Gorna Oryahovitsa, Strazhitsa, Popovo, Targovishteq Shumen, Devnya, Provadya, Varna. It would be the shortest and fastest route from Sofia to Bucharest and Ruse. The motorway would pass only 10km north from Veliko Tarnovo.
The new section of it that was actually started yesterday not today would decrease traffic on Shumen's north 2x1 bypass. It would take the traffic from I-7 or Romania/Ruse.
Shumen-Varna section of Hemus Motorway has been only patched up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETSEF View Post
I really doubt if it is better to go over the north ring, because I wasn't exaggerating when I said the quality of the north ring is really bad. I have been there many times and it was like our car was battling against the road and it's many (sometimes gigantic and really dangerous) holes. Honestly I do not understand why al those foreign people are sent through a really bad road while all the other people use the south ring which is in an excellent state. That north ring can be called dangerous, really.
I guess I would be happy to go over the south ring, even if it has heavy traffic, if the quality of the north ring does not change very soon. On the south ring you are at least sure that your car does not get damaged because of some gigantic hole in the road. It is sad, but it's true.
North Ring is patched up. The South Ring road is far from 'excellent state'. It is jammed, narrow 2x1(except for 3-4km) with many traffic lights. Moreover, it is currently under expansion.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 08:03 AM   #3559
mediar
Digital.Creation

Likes (Received): 5336

Quote:
North ring road will be replace by North Tangenta which will pass closer to the city and it will be the same like south part of the ring road with 3x3 lanes.
I think you mean 2x3, which means 2 roadways / carriageways with 3 lanes.

НЕ ИЗПОЛЗВАЙТЕ GOOGLE-СКИ САЙТОВЕ ЗА ХОСТИНГ НА СНИМКИ!!!
mediar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #3560
koynov

Yep 2x3, sorry

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia