daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 8th, 2007, 02:43 AM   #361
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

That section Plovdiv-Asenovgrad is on the Maritsa motorway?
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2007, 02:50 AM   #362
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3445

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
What do you mean, don´t you know construction on marica motorway is going on?
if it is so - great then! is Marica this section from Turkey in Plovdiv direction?
x-type está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2007, 02:56 AM   #363
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
if it is so - great then! is Marica this section from Turkey in Plovdiv direction?
Plovdiv turkish border is marica motorway and they are working on it. But Sofia greece connection is one of the most important roads in Bulgaria, too, there´s lot of heavy tracktraffic there and the traffic will increase there in the future also.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2007, 02:59 AM   #364
x-type
con los terroristas

yeah, but anyway, i cannot wait when Sofia - Serbia (and serbian part too) will be built to finally conect Istanbul with rest of Europe with full motorway!

i agree that Struma is important as alternative way for Greece - Belgrade - Europe direction, and it could easily grow to main direction and put way threw Macedonia into alternative position, but it won't be easy
Old September 8th, 2007, 03:01 AM   #365
radi6404

Quote:
yeah, but anyway, i cannot wait when Sofia - Serbia (and serbian part too) will be built to finally conect Istanbul with rest of Europe with full motorway!

i agree that Struma is important as alternative way for Greece - Belgrade - Europe direction, and it could easily grow to main direction and put way threw Macedonia into alternative position, but it won't be easy
It probably will take a decate
Old September 8th, 2007, 03:07 AM   #366
Realek
BANNED

Likes (Received): 26

@ x-type

why man
Realek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2007, 11:16 AM   #367
x-type
con los terroristas

i'm just being realistic. if Macedonia don't improve it's section, the situation that i've described could very easily happen. Tabanovce - Skopje is in really bad condition, and it is not the only bad section.
but Macedonia can renovate it's section and then Bulgaria can build 5x5 motorway, but it won't help them to take larger amount of traffic from Macedonia. we'll see what's gonna happen. anyway, without Sofija - Serbia motorway i think Struma motorway is not possible to be concurent to direction threw Macedonia
Old September 8th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #368
radi6404

Quote:
i'm just being realistic. if Macedonia don't improve it's section, the situation that i've described could very easily happen. Tabanovce - Skopje is in really bad condition, and it is not the only bad section.
but Macedonia can renovate it's section and then Bulgaria can build 5x5 motorway, but it won't help them to take larger amount of traffic from Macedonia. we'll see what's gonna happen. anyway, without Sofija - Serbia motorway i think Struma motorway is not possible to be concurent to direction threw Macedonia
Sofia Serbia motorway wont be finished soon but there will be a fourlamed road which in one or two months will be renovated towards Sofia, the Sofia ringroad will be reconstructed fourlamed like a motorway without shoulders til November this year, that will be quite ok man.

Not ok enough til motorway will be finished?
Old September 8th, 2007, 02:14 PM   #369
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:

Not ok enough til motorway will be finished?
it's not about quality of the road (which is also not perfect as mauch as i saw at Google Earth), but about fastness and safeness of traveling
Old September 8th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #370
radi6404

x-type, the quality of the road is good, they are reconsructing it and it has very good quality. You don´t feel any bumps, i don´t liek that you are always negative towards anything not Croatian.

Last edited by radi6404; September 8th, 2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old September 8th, 2007, 03:03 PM   #371
x-type
con los terroristas

i criticise our motorways too when neccessary. problem is that you see only my bad comments, not good, and there are my good comments, too

btw, i'm really glad that road will be renovated, but you must agree too that motorway would be great there
Old September 8th, 2007, 03:07 PM   #372
radi6404

Quote:
i criticise our motorways too when neccessary. problem is that you see only my bad comments, not good, and there are my good comments, too

btw, i'm really glad that road will be renovated, but you must agree too that motorway would be great there
Ofcourse it would, i want there also motorway, would be completely new feeling to drive there on motroway instead on shit 4 lame road but they still didn´t start building motorway.
Old September 8th, 2007, 03:53 PM   #373
Realek
BANNED

Quote:

Right on the spot. But you're not well informed about the situation in Macedonia. First of all the only bad Section is Kumanovo-Veles, but that is bein taken care of as we speak. A very profound reconstruction project is underway. Second - funds for the two missing sections of Corridor X in Macedonia have been obtained and the preparatory works are already under way:
- 8km stretch north of Kumanovo
- 27km stretch D.Kapija-Smokvica (an expensive one)
The first will perhaps be finished by the end of the year and the second early 2011.
With the reconstruction of the problematic section and finishing these missing sections, Corridor X in Macedonia will be in great shape.

As for Corridor IV (the one going to Salonica through Romania and Bulgaria), the only part that makes sense is the Sofia-Salonica section. The rest is a political stunt (at least in the Balkans). Back in the problematic times, it was pushed as an alternative route to Corridor X because of Serbia. Europe needed a secure alternative route to the all important X (the crucial link to Greece and Turkey and beyond). But today, the Lugoj-Sofia part of Corridor IV doesn't make any sense at all.

Corridor X is by far the most robust and most important of all the Pan-European corridors in the region.

Last edited by Realek; September 8th, 2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old September 8th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #374
radi6404

come on shut up you patriot, Bulgaria is unimportant when when people want to go to greece, eh?
Old September 8th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #375
Realek
BANNED

Quote:
come on shut up you patriot, Bulgaria is unimportant when when people want to go to greece, eh?
huh?
Old September 8th, 2007, 05:06 PM   #376
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

Quote:
Unless you come from Romania or Ukraine, via Macedonia is much shorter and faster.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #377
Realek
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1491 View Post
Unless you come from Romania or Ukraine, via Macedonia is much shorter and faster.

Even from that direction, Corridor IV doesn't make any sense. People would use Corridor IX and then get on Hemus to reach Sofia and finally get on Struma (the part of corridor IV whose importance I did not question)

I don't get why radi is getting so upset, I wasn't downplaying the importance of Bulgaria at all. After all Corridor X has a crucial branch going through Bulgaria and I also didn't question the role of his beloved Struma. Perhaps he misread something in my post.

Radi, all I said is that the section Lugoj(RO) - Sofia(BG) is not feasible at all. A political link from different times. Even in those pressing times not a single kilometer was built. What do you think the future holds? I personally think it will at best stay only on paper, or maybe even get erased altogether.
If you think that you will see international tourists using Corridor IV to reach Greece, you're most definitely dreaming. Just look at the map buddy:

Old September 8th, 2007, 09:52 PM   #378
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realek View Post
If you think that you will see international tourists using Corridor IV to reach Greece, you're most definitely dreaming. Just look at the map buddy:
I hope, at least every 2nd tourist will stop here for a drink
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2007, 11:22 PM   #379
radi6404

IMO most important should be to connect states of european union with motorway first, so Romania and greece, and not Serbia and Turkey which are both not european union states.
Old September 9th, 2007, 01:28 AM   #380
Realek
BANNED

Quote:
IMO most important should be to connect states of european union with motorway first, so Romania and greece, and not Serbia and Turkey which are both not european union states.
The reasoning behind your priorities what to connect is about as sound as the reasoning behind the need for shiny barriers.

The need is where the traffic and potential for growth is. Purely symbolic connections are just a waste of money.

And again I don't understand why you fail to take notice of Corridor IX which is the obvious connection with Romania (combined with Hemus), and that nobody is disputing the importance of Struma (but it is mostly important to Bulgaria, not others).

But still the absolute priority should be building of a full freeway between Serbia and Turkey. That is not only the most important link for whole Europe, but for Bulgaria too. How can you dismiss the importance of this corridor??? It is sooooo obvious...

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia