daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 11th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #3861
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Yes, I love dark grey or brown grey asphalt aswell, like some new Slovenia asphalt that appears to have a light brown grey touch, black asphalt is nice, but the asphalt does not need to be that in order to provide highest drive confort.

Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #3862
radi6404

It is a great mighty stretch and combined with other motorway stretches, such as the Ljulin motorway the Struma motorway is the proundness of Bulgaria, all people who have travelled on it have said, the motorway is unique for it's smoothness and great look. My cousin who has travelled in a lot of countries, going from Bulgaria to Italy and Sapin says that this motorway is not worse then the best motorway sections in europe and he is absolutely right. Often I have travlled and driven a Mercedes Sprinter with trailer and the trailer did not shake a bit, altough it was empty, the strong sprinter did 130 km and more on the motorway. A great experience, listening to electronical music, enjoying the winter sun while ice and snow are on the mountains and hearing the diesel engine of the springer working and driving on the Struma motorway fast, where you think, you drive with 20 since the motorway can't be felt, now when the motorway stopped earlier at Vladaya, the difference to the old raod was quite big.

I am sure the builders of the motorway put their soul into it and are very proud about what they created, they should sign in and see how people like this motorway so they can be proud.

Last edited by radi6404; November 12th, 2011 at 11:21 AM.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #3863
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
Glorivy that masterpeace.
Crashbarriers look pretty poor.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #3864
radi6404

Aktually the crashbarriers look very good for the age of 5 years. They are very clean and have great grey. They are not shiny anymore, but still look very good.
Old November 13th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #3865
radi6404

Quote:
this pic shows that the Struma motorway still rules. Aktually it still looks like it looked at the beginning and therefore still looks and is one of the best motorway in europe.[/QUOTE]

By the way, the Struma motorway looks almost as new and clean as the new stretches that open here and there, like the Kosovo stretch, remove the dust and renew all markings and the motorway will look as untouched as a new motorway.
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:31 AM   #3866
TrueBulgarian
Meditate on this, I will

Likes (Received): 2362

TrueBulgarian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 01:04 AM   #3867
Arbenit

Likes (Received): 372

Quote:
this pic shows that the Struma motorway still rules. Aktually it still looks like it looked at the beginning and therefore still looks and is one of the best motorway in europe.
By the way, the Struma motorway looks almost as new and clean as the new stretches that open here and there, like the Kosovo stretch, remove the dust and renew all markings and the motorway will look as untouched as a new motorway.[/QUOTE]

Kosovo motorway has double crash barriers.

Brilliant minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people
Arbenit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 01:09 AM   #3868
radi6404

That does not matter a lot. Cause most europe motorways do not have.
Old November 20th, 2011, 02:05 PM   #3869
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

The government is planing to downgrade SRB border - Sofia ~50km road from a motorway standard to a 2x2 grade separated road.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #3870
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
The government is planing to downgrade SRB border - Sofia ~50km road from a motorway standard to a 2x2 grade separated road.
I believe this would be a mistake.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #3871
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
I believe this would be a mistake.
Me 2.

Besides this means that the only entirely motorway connection to EU's motorway network that is planned is Struma Motorway[A6].

Maritsa motorway[A3] U/C:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poletar View Post
Ето проблемните далекопроводи на ЛОТ 1

ето и 2 снимки от днес - как тече работата на км 15+500 ....

As you can see from the first picture there is a high voltage(110kV to be precise) surprise in the way of the motorway
Old November 20th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #3872
keber

Doesn't look to be in the way except if high embankment is planned there (not likely regarding location on top of small hill)
Old November 20th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #3873
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Doesn't look to be in the way except if high embankment is planned there (not likely regarding location on top of small hill)
It's poletar's information.
Old November 20th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #3874
sotonsi

Hi guys, I've noticed on every map I've looked at (google, bing, bgmaps, yahoo, mapquest, , a section of the E871 along the I/6 between I/5 at Klasnuk and the E773 at Silven - if not all the way along I/6 from the Sofia ring road to Burgas. Now the UNECE log has it's east end at Sofia, so what's going on with this?

Are there E871 signs on any part of the I/6 east of Sofia? Or is this just a persistent mapping error?

Thanks in advance.
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:06 PM   #3875
keber

Quote:
It's poletar's information.
I read that.
Still I don't see a problem except in case of higher motorway level above terrain. But if that is the case, you just move the electric line, at 110 kV this is still not very difficult (at 440 kV this is a bit more demanding).
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #3876
LG_

Likes (Received): 179

Quote:
Me 2.
Me too! Serbs are building their section till SRB/BG border check point in a full motorway profile without EU funding! Why should we downgrade our part to an expressway?
I remember after BG and SRB prime ministers met about 1,5 years ago, Borisov said that Bulgaria could start the construction of that section within 2 years financed by a open credit from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development! He was talking about a motorway!
LG_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:56 PM   #3877
radi6404

That is really bad news, I wished there would be a real motorway til Sofia and it is a shame there wont be, at least the capital shoudl be reached by motorway from any direction. But grade seperated expressway is not that bad, if tthere are small shoulders there.

Something like this would be fine, even with shorter emergency lanes, but it is very important that the middle seperation will be wide, it looks bad and is unsafe, when only one crashbarrier seperates the road and there are only 50 cm between the lanes in different direction.

Last edited by radi6404; November 20th, 2011 at 11:07 PM.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 12:42 AM   #3878
uNDiDo
Investor

Likes (Received): 81

Three reasons for Sofia - Kalotina to be an expressway instead of a highway:
1. Expensive to build it as highway
2. Many infrastructural projects for a very little time in the country
3. Financial crisis and not enough money to fund them all, so seeking the maximal balance

P.S. I think that it would be a greek type of expressway with this kind of small, narrow emergency lanes.
uNDiDo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 03:05 AM   #3879
radi6404

I hope so aswell, if it would be such an expressway, then everything would be fine, but it must start from the border, it would be bad, if it will start where the current four lane road starts at Dragoman, it must go to the border.
Old November 21st, 2011, 09:09 AM   #3880
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9153

Why do you never read the news and facts but always comment? Why do you never think enough or check the information given before writing your posts?
It is said numerous times that it will start from the border. It's always quoted as Sofia-Kalotina motorway/expressway... not Sofia-Dragoman... They said the ~50km road, not the ~24km road... etc. etc. etc.
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia