daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 21st, 2011, 10:15 AM   #3881
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by uNDiDo View Post
Three reasons for Sofia - Kalotina to be an expressway instead of a highway:
1. Expensive to build it as highway
2. Many infrastructural projects for a very little time in the country
3. Financial crisis and not enough money to fund them all, so seeking the maximal balance
4. Ruling party wants to make some PR by building this road ASAP.
5. Low AADT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uNDiDo View Post
P.S. I think that it would be a greek type of expressway with this kind of small, narrow emergency lanes.
No, there won't be any emergency lanes.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2011, 10:36 AM   #3882
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

How much cheaper is an expressway really. The major cost are bridges and overpasses, which need to have space for 4 lanes anyway.

Is it already known what kind of prefix an expressway number would have? Maybe an "S"? (Skorostni Putishta).
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 10:52 AM   #3883
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9150

It's still unkown... Not only the prefix, but also speed limits and other specific things about expressways. As they don't exist in Bulgarian laws as a specific road type. They have ideas to make changes in the law, maybe after them the prefix will also be known.
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 11:16 AM   #3884
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
How much cheaper is an expressway really.
When Slovenian A5 was build as a 2+2 expressway (it is signed as motorway though) there was about 15% difference in the cost (land expropriation + construction) to normal motorway. Overpasses were built with space for additional emergency lane. 25% narrower profile resulted in just 15% less total cost. Building additional emergency lanes sometime in the future will be much costlier than 15%. However if horizontal and vertical elements of the alignment will have reduced speed (just for 100 km/h, let say) then price difference can be much bigger. But this is valid just for short section Kalotina (border) - Dragoman. For major part on the plain to Sofia having expressway is in my opinion not justified.

Last edited by keber; November 21st, 2011 at 11:22 AM.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 12:31 PM   #3885
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Indeet, there should be motorway or expressway with emergency lanes all the way. Chillo, I am not interested in any stuff about you, acting against the rules and using your moderator forces emotionally, if you hate me personally, I will go and have a big dump on that, but stop using your moderator forces inapropiatelly.

Last edited by radi6404; November 21st, 2011 at 12:42 PM.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 12:40 PM   #3886
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

It's not being offensive. It's easy to look at the map and see the distances! And moreover, it's a road you have travelled a lot of times, as I know... You should check before writing, it's really easy...
Old November 21st, 2011, 12:42 PM   #3887
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Progress on Danube bridge 2 Vidin-Calafat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbg View Post
Напредък по моста:http://danubebridge2.com/g-bg-most-11-noe.php

Строителни дейности по моста
Constriction works for the bridge

Строителни дейности по връхната конструкция на моста при стълб РВ9
Construction works on the superstructure of the Bridge at PB9

Инфраструктура:

Направа на алуминиево-термитни заварки по инфраструктурата към моста
Execution of aluminium- thermal welds along the railway track to the bridge

Не знам дали си внушавам, но след като договориха допълнителните пари има сериозно раздвижване.
Old November 21st, 2011, 12:54 PM   #3888
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
When Slovenian A5 was build as a 2+2 expressway (it is signed as motorway though) there was about 15% difference in the cost (land expropriation + construction) to normal motorway. Overpasses were built with space for additional emergency lane. 25% narrower profile resulted in just 15% less total cost. Building additional emergency lanes sometime in the future will be much costlier than 15%. However if horizontal and vertical elements of the alignment will have reduced speed (just for 100 km/h, let say) then price difference can be much bigger. But this is valid just for short section Kalotina (border) - Dragoman. For major part on the plain to Sofia having expressway is in my opinion not justified.
It would have been better if the Ljulin motorway was an expressway without emergency lanes, it hurts my eyes to see the asphalt on the emergency lanes has different color and profile than the driving lanes, it looks awful. If new Bulgarian motorways will be like that it will be a country with no special mootorways and Kosovo and Serbia will have much better looking motorways. oh dear

The Struma motorway easily compared to Slovenian or Hungarian motorways, but that road looks like a Macedonian or Greek motorway, if not worse, big shaem to Bulgaria, I hope it will get potholes this winter so people are forced to use the old road instead of this peace of shite

Last edited by radi6404; November 21st, 2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old November 21st, 2011, 01:01 PM   #3889
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Emergency lanes are built not to be aesthetic and beautiful, but to save human lives! No matter what color they are...
And comparing the motorways only by the color of the asphalt of the emergency lanes is... I cannot find a word, that wouldn't be offensive, so I should not say... Everybody can judge for themselves.
Old November 21st, 2011, 01:07 PM   #3890
radi6404

It does not matter if you want to be offensive, but any country who builds new motorways, Germany, Austria, Hungary use the same asphalt on the emergency lanes, so when people enter a new motorway they know it is new and do not thin the motorway is 50 years old and only has been repaved and new markings applied. You are right that they are just for saving lives during an accident or fault of the car engine, but why do all other countries like Kosovo, Albania and Serbia, without funding from the EU use the same tarmac on the emergency lanes, not to talk about Hungary, which Bulgaria will never reach except with the allready exsiting Struma motorway, even Romania does use same coloured emergency lanes so you can look at the raod without getting eye cancer. The Ljulin motorway is just a cheap construction built by some Turk workers, (no offense against Turks) that did not try hard to make a good motorway, Mavrovo Skopie did something brilliant in Bulgaria, but that road is just hilarious.

Heavy tracks should drive on that road and destroy the tarmac, so it get's just as white as the ugly emergency lanes. The asphalt to the village of my grandmother in Senokos is darker

Last edited by radi6404; November 21st, 2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old November 21st, 2011, 02:20 PM   #3891
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
it hurts my eyes to see the asphalt on the emergency lanes has different color and profile than the driving lanes, it looks awful.
Quote:
It does not matter if you want to be offensive, but any country who builds new motorways, Germany, Austria, Hungary use the same asphalt on the emergency lanes, so when people enter a new motorway they know it is new and do not thin the motorway is 50 years old and only has been repaved and new markings applied.
[...]
Hungary, M1 motorway:

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 02:34 PM   #3892
radi6404

Hungary new
Old November 21st, 2011, 03:09 PM   #3893
LG_

Likes (Received): 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Perhaps it would be a acceptable solution to build Sofia-Kalotina motorway without its emergency lanes and with redused linewidths down to 3,5 m (instead of 3,75m) but with enough space at the bridges and overpasses so that the motorway profile could be riched in the feature additionaly! Of course the horizontal and vertical elements of the alignment should be for 130km/h
LG_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 03:27 PM   #3894
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

I wanted to point out that it is a nonsense to have narrower motorway to save just 15% cost (probably even less). That mistake was done in Slovenia and god knows when emergency lanes will be added.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 03:38 PM   #3895
radi6404

I guess there wont be a motorway at all, since as you say it does not make sence that they build an expressway that will save them 15 %, so I think they just talk about but there wont be any road til Dragoman and if finally a decision has fallen they will build a motorway.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 11:02 AM   #3896
Botev1912

Likes (Received): 575

Quote:
I hope it will get potholes this winter so people are forced to use the old road instead of this peace of shite
How can a new road get potholes? It can get potholes in at least 5-6 years if not even more. Depends on traffic and weather
Botev1912 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2011, 01:35 PM   #3897
radi6404

I said that cause I do not understand how they could choose different asphalt on the emergency lanes on a new motorway, while most countries use the same tarmac, it would have been a lot better to use the same asphalt. with this the motorway is not bad, but would have looked much better with same asphalt everywhere, like the Struma motorway.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 03:00 PM   #3898
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Who gives a sh*t about the color of the asphalt of the emergency lane anyway?!? This is complete nonsense and no reason to curse and to wish bad things to happen to new modern roads.
Old November 24th, 2011, 11:35 AM   #3899
Botev1912

Likes (Received): 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio View Post
Who gives a sh*t about the color of the asphalt of the emergency lane anyway?!? This is complete nonsense and no reason to curse and to wish bad things to happen to new modern roads.
Bulgarians always complain, no matter what happens
People don't drive on shoulders (at least they are not supposed to do it ) so they shouldn't care what the color of the pavement is
Botev1912 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #3900
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Likes (Received): 12

Since I don't get every detail, can someone clarify some details about Maritsa motorway?

From Trakia motorway this branch will start from Chirpan, right?

Since I was going to Turkey through Plovdiv, as a lot of people was telling me that road from Chirpan to Parvomay is disaster, will this be completely new road, or extended old road?

Since I don't know which kilometer is on photos (for example: km 15+000), can someone give some table like:

Chirpan - parvomay U/C
Kapitan Andreevo bypass U/C
etc....

That's because I want to know what am I looking at on photos.

Thanks in advance...
Djurizmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia