daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 29th, 2011, 11:42 AM   #3941
LG_

Likes (Received): 179

It's a positive thing, that they fixed the problem with the A numbering of Trakiya motorway at Lot A1 (Orizovo-St.Zagora) - it's A1 now instead of A4! But the E numbering is still wrong! E80 has nothing to do at the route to Burgas!
LG_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #3942
tanashubav

Likes (Received): 1977

You are right! The number at the sign should be E773. E80 will be from Chirpan toward Sofia.
tanashubav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #3943
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Nice photos.

A few comments.

The road numbers are a bit small. It would be better if they were larger. E80 is indeed erroneous as pointed out. I'd also like to see "m" added to the distance of 500 meters. It could've been an exit number. Speaking of exit numbers, are there any in Bulgaria?

I also like to see these signs to have road numbers on them. All other signs have road numbers, why not these.

So, while these signs are a definite improvement over the older generation, I still see chances for improvement. Maybe it's even better if Bulgaria adopts an existing system, like the Croatian system.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #3944
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9137

And another report from the same forumer from LOT3:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediar View Post
LOT 3
26 November 2011

Няколко снимки от мястото, на което път 55 между Нова Загора и Свиленград пресича трасето на ам. Тракия.
Some photos from the place where road 55 connecting Nova Zagora and Svilengrad crosses the future A1 Trakia.

Поглед на запад ( в посока София ).
View to the west (in direction Sofia).

Поглед на изток ( в посока Бургас ).
View to east (in direction Burgas).

А това е самият надлез, по който ще мине пътят.
This is the overpass, on which road 55 will be.

Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #3945
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Now there is google earth updated imaginary and the disaster Ljulin motorway can be viewed, there is no reason anymore to go to Bulgaria, when I see that peace of ugly road, I get very sick, shame the Struma motorway is connected to that turkish version of a motorway, really, I have nothing against Turks, but they better focus on other things than building motorways.
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:21 AM   #3946
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

I thought you were overwhelmingly impressed with Ljulin motorway. What changed your opinion?
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:24 AM   #3947
uNDiDo
Investor

Likes (Received): 81

In my opinion Lyulin highway is better than Struma [Lot 0] but obviously it's a matter of taste.
uNDiDo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:37 AM   #3948
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
I thought you were overwhelmingly impressed with Ljulin motorway. What changed your opinion?
the fact that the emergency lanes are white and the asphalt has an awful texture even on driving lanes, look Keber, allready after a few months the motorway looks like 5 years of operation. When the Struma motorway opened it looked like some road that no car has ever driven and was looking dramatically different to the scenery. When I was entering the Struma motorway when it was new, I did not change a word with anyone, having my mouth open and eyes focused and looking at the amazing build quality, tears came down my eyes when I saw the impressive proudness of bulgaria which looked like a road that can only be seen on advertisments, if not better. But the Ljulin motorway is very different, when you look at google earth you can see, that the Struma motorway has better asphalt and looks cleaner and more solid then the Ljulin motorway after 5 years of use. The emergency lanes have different colour now, but only cause they are full of dust, remove the dust and you will find the same asphalt.

What makes the Struma motorway look that impressive is that you can not recognise how many patters the asphalt has. It looks like all of the asphalt is done with one wide barret instead of several lanes, you can not distinguish the difference. The Ljulin motorway is a joke, it does not look like new with the awful white emergency lanes, any Slovenian road is better.
Old November 30th, 2011, 01:16 AM   #3949
radi6404

Now let's compare

Struma motorway after two years of operation, pic taken November 2008 and the motorway looks, like no car has gone over that asphalt, the asphalt has same colour everywhere, the texture is incredible and it looks like a dream.

Ljulin motorway, first month in operation, eh, what happened with the emergency lane, somehow it looks aged after just one month uof use, LOL.

Struma motorway 2,5 years of use, this section also looks, like it was opened a week ago, everything is clean and good looking.

Here on this picture the motorway is opened the first week and it allready looks rediculous, like it has been used for many years

Now here the motorway is more then two years old, but the untouchness can be seen the best here, the motorway looks like a runway for airplanes, that is used once in a month, if ever used. In this pic the motorway definatly looks like one of the best motorways ever built on this earth. The signs are so clean, the asphalt is so unused, the markings after 3 winters are so beautiful

My father complained that the asphalt is very white, that just after one week of operation.

This pic is two months after the motorway had opened, besides the missing dust there is nothing that looks different to the pictures above.

Ljulin motorway first month of operation. The emergency ale is awful, the right driving lane is much darker then the left one, it does look new here, but it looks like a very cheap motorway constructio, what the ****, you can clearly see where the borret has gone through, that is not how a good motorway looks like, any Hungarian, Slovenian, German, Austrian motorway looks better during the first month, even the new Kosovo motorway does.

Struma motorway after two years of operation, you do not see any difference in the asphalt color, it seems like it has all been applied at once, since you just can not distinguish, where the tarmac is brighter or darker.
Old November 30th, 2011, 02:18 AM   #3950
uNDiDo
Investor

Likes (Received): 81

Ok, I must admit that on one or two of the pictures of Lyulin h/w there is a colour difference but I'm not quite sure that this is a proof of "bad" quality.
uNDiDo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:21 AM   #3951
Botev1912

Likes (Received): 575

who cares about the color. If the road is smooth everything's fine
Botev1912 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #3952
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12024

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post

Struma motorway after two years of operation, you do not see any difference in the asphalt color, it seems like it has all been applied at once, since you just can not distinguish, where the tarmac is brighter or darker.
Why didn't they cover the right bank into a holding structure or even vegetation because it may run away into the road on a strong rain.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:24 PM   #3953
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

It actually quite often does. Also bigger stones fall too and tear the fence... Quite often the ditch fills up with stones and sand and the rain water runs on the road, causing risks of aquaplaning etc.

And Radi, please, when you want to manipulate and show your new madness about color of the emergency lane etc, do use your own pictures or ask the authors of the photos if they are ok their pictures to be used with that purpose. Because I see my own pictures used without my agreement (for example the one Le Clerk later cited). Which of course is breach of the SSC rules.
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #3954
radi6404

Any pics posted here are public and available to save for everyone, when you type in Struma motorway in google, your pics will be shown. I do not own such a good camera so I am ot using my own pics, the Ljulin motorway pics are done with my mothers cellphone, the two vertical ones, so stop your hate not allowing ot use pictures for comparison. On the pics it clearly can be seen which motorway looks nicer and better quality.
Old November 30th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #3955
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Pictures on internet also have authors and using them against the will of the author is illegal. It's not hate, it is the international laws and the forum rules. Three of the Struma pictures you have used are made by me, on two of them you even can see my car and my GPS-navigator... Moreover that they aren't linked to the site where I have uploaded them, but you have downloaded them and then uploaded them to another place without permission. It would be at least a bit more acceptable if you have shown them from the original location, from where the author can be seen.

And comparing quality of motorways on the basis of photos or satellite imaging is complete nonsense!

Last edited by Chilio; November 30th, 2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old November 30th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #3956
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

So let's move to something more useful and important. Here's another report from our fellow forumer mediar about A1 Trakia, at the very end of LOT4 near Karnobat. It shows the future intersection at the connection of LOT4 and the already functioning LOT5:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediar View Post
LOT 4
26 November 2011

Това са последните ми снимки от ам. Тракия. Показват бъдещия пътен възел между ЛОТ 4 и ЛОТ 5.

Old November 30th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #3957
tanashubav

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Speaking of exit numbers, are there any in Bulgaria?
No.
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #3958
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

A report from our fellow forumer ogibo from Svilengrad about A3 Maritsa motorway from the part where it was till now half profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogibo View Post

The user also commented that the older half of the motorway (which as you see isn't in perfect condition) has been built around 1987, and was once re-asphalted in around 1995...
Old November 30th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #3959
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7667

Thanks for the updates

When are all these sections we are seeing here scheduled to open?
How many kilometers of motorways has Bulgaria opened this year and how many are planned in 2012/13/14?
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #3960
tanashubav

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Thanks for the updates
When are all these sections we are seeing here scheduled to open?
How many kilometers of motorways has Bulgaria opened this year and how many are planned in 2012/13/14?
This year was completed Liylin motorway (part of A6) - 19km.
The three sections under construction at Trakiya (A1) are scheduled for 2012 - 115km.
All sections at Maritsa (A3) currently under construction are scheduled for 2013 - 80km.
There are also two sections at Hemus (A2) scheduled for 2013 - 16km.
One section at Struma (A6) scheduled for 2013 - 17km.

For 2012 is planed to start the construction of two sections at Struma - LOT 2 (45km.) and LOT 4 (15km.) and few short but expensive section around Sofia, part of the western and northern ringroads with total length of 24km.

Last edited by tanashubav; November 30th, 2011 at 08:55 PM.

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia