daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 6th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #4041
Andrej_LJ

Likes (Received): 5204

Maybe Boyko will press them to finish a bit earlier
Andrej_LJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #4042
tanashubav

Likes (Received): 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG_ View Post
News from today's PM's visit on the construction side: Trakiya motorway A1 will be opened to the traffic on 30.06. from Stara Zagora junction to Yambol. Total: 85,5 km. That would be the longest motorway's section that has been ever put into operation in Bulgaria as far as I know!
It's not so important to measure our ... motorways, but the section that is meant to be opened is from km 210 til km 290 of Trakiya so it is about 80 kilometre long. However, as much as i know this would be the longest motorway section ever opened at once in Bulgaria. There are many 30-something kilometre section that were opened in the past, maybe even some 40-something kilometre, but as long as this never.
tanashubav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 09:37 AM   #4043
LG_

Likes (Received): 179

If you don't want to count them then just don't do it! What's the problem? Personally I enjoy to do that.

About the lenght of that section: I posted the information that had been announced in the local media, namely Lot2 + Lot3 + 15 km of Lot4 that obviously was said from oure politicans, and I hadn't checked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrej_LJ View Post
... This section of Lot 4 is rushed because it avoids the critical junction near Sliven called Petolychkata where national roads I-6/E773, I-7 and III-707 cross eachother ....
Unfortunately "Petolachkata" will not be bypassed by the opening on 30.06. but the main traffic will come on the I-7 instead of I-6
LG_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #4044
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19426

According to my data A2 Shumen - Varna was the largest motorway opening in Bulgaria so far. 75,5 kilometers on 30-12-2005.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #4045
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
According to my data A2 Shumen - Varna was the largest motorway opening in Bulgaria so far. 75,5 kilometers on 30-12-2005.
So late? I thought it was opened in late 80's and not all section in the same time.
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #4046
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I'm doubting that data too, considering the pictures we've seen of that section showed poor pavement quality.
Old January 7th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #4047
mediar
Digital.Creation

Likes (Received): 5336

No, that's wrong. The section, opened in 2005, is only 12km long, and is the one between Kaspichan and Shumen. The previous one is opened in 1995, 30 km long, between Vetrino and Kaspichan. I have no information about the rest 35 km between Vetrino and Varna, but they're even older.

НЕ ИЗПОЛЗВАЙТЕ GOOGLE-СКИ САЙТОВЕ ЗА ХОСТИНГ НА СНИМКИ!!!
mediar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #4048
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Do you also know if A2 Yana - Yablanitsa opened in one large section in 1999, or were there sections completed before that?
Old January 7th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #4049
panda80

I remember seeing here a timelapse for bulgarian motorway openings, but couldn't find it at a fast look.
Old January 7th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #4050
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Yeah this one probably:

Old January 7th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #4051
panda80

Yeah, this one...I didn't remembered it was just for Trakya .
Old January 7th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #4052
Andrej_LJ

Likes (Received): 5204

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG_ View Post
If you don't want to count them then just don't do it! What's the problem? Personally I enjoy to do that.

About the lenght of that section: I posted the information that had been announced in the local media, namely Lot2 + Lot3 + 15 km of Lot4 that obviously was said from oure politicans, and I hadn't checked it!

Unfortunately "Petolachkata" will not be bypassed by the opening on 30.06. but the main traffic will come on the I-7 instead of I-6
Yes i am aware of that but the main traffic from Sofia to Burgas will simply turn right from I-7 to I-6 which is more convinient. But yes, in general Petolachkata will not be completely avoided. Really big projects are due to be opened in Bulgaria in this and next year which i look forward to!
Andrej_LJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #4053
Viva_Bulgaria
Proud to be a Bulgarian

Likes (Received): 3925

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Do you also know if A2 Yana - Yablanitsa opened in one large section in 1999, or were there sections completed before that?
For sure not. Only the section Pravets-Yablanitsa was opened in 1999, if I am not mistaken; while Gara Yana-Pravets was completed before 1989, with the first sections probably as early as the 1970s.
Viva_Bulgaria no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #4054
REAKT0R

Likes (Received): 10594

The construction of the western section started in the early 1976 and in 1981/1982 the first 22 km were opened. I'm not sure but the section Osikovitsa-YablanitsaSouth seems to be operating in the early 90s so only Pravets-Osikovitsa (8km tunnel+viaduct) was opened in 1999.
REAKT0R no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #4055
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

so i have been to bulgaria and saw the Ljulin motorway and I must say it is pretty good, it looks very good and at most places the asphalt of the emergency lanes is not much brighter then the driving asphalt, it has shiny crashbarriers and looks otherwise very well, great tunnels and so on, I have taken pics of it that i will publish later aswell. But the Ljulin motorway asphalt feels very odd, it is very soft and has no reliev so it is more slippery in winter conditions like the one of the Struma motorway which is better looking at the asphalt, the asphalt of the Ljulin motorway has no waves at all but the Ljulin motorway has little waves altough it is brand new, it is smoother as the struma motorway asphalt, but it still does not feel very well for winter conditions cause of it's smoothness. Yesterday evening there was big trouble there, many trucks got stuck on the driving lanes, a lot of police and snow cleaning mashines were on the road and there was big trouble cause of heavy snowfall. Maybe they closed it at night even, well that's what I think about the motorway.
Old January 8th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #4056
radi6404

I also have to praise Boiko borissov for the perfekt cleaning of Struma and Ljulin motorways during snow, it is just astonishing how the driving lanes are cleaned like in Slovenia or Austria and the mashines get out emidiatelly when there is snow and not only one mashine, a few years ago there was no cleaning at all, slowly he turnes Bulgaria in a true european country.
Old January 8th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #4057
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

10x to pmalenkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalenkin View Post
From SOFIA AIRPORT to BANSKO SKI RESORT (BULGARIA)

PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #4058
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

Love this video too ! & the sounds are nice ! Lots of 2x2 roads, but looks like sometimes the road is quite bumpy too ...

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #4059
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9161

Actually part of the road that look like 2x2 is the world famous Struma autobahn
There are few mistakes:
- The Dupnitsa common police check-point is at 50 km/h, not 60 km/h as stated in the video;
- The left turn for Rila monastery is few kilometers earlier (at 7:52)... The one they point in the video leads only to a small village (Barakovo), but for exchange, at that crossing usually there are few gypsy prostitutes
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #4060
radi6404

This video is old, the old Dupnica bypass has new very smooth asphalt applied all the way and feels like motorway now. The whole lengh of that stretch is about 5 km or so and it is very good to drive on it now, almost no old parts anymore on the E-79 nationalroad.

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia