daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 26th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #4101
rtifosi

Likes (Received): 0

Thank You very much Chilio!
rtifosi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #4102
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9150

You should thank mediar, Kosiosl and other forumers that make the pictures, I just repost them here when such reports appear in the Bulgarian section
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #4103
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Unfortunately, rumors from the recent weeks are officially confirmed. The minister of Regional development and public works Lilyana Pavlova said in an interview that the missing parts of A2 between the existing stretches from Yablanitsa and Shumen will be built not as a motorway, but as a expressway (skorostni patishta) - without hard shoulders and with lower speed limits. Eventually, emergency lanes could be added in future...
Source: http://journey.bg/news/?&ntype=1&year=2012&news=47555
Old January 27th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #4104
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Hah, finally someone focuses on the really important things, the Struma motorway and the Trakya and Marica motorway which have much more traffic then the hemus motorway, but still a motorway there would be better.
Old January 27th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #4105
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

By the time they start work on Hemus all sections of Trakiya and Maritsa will be finished and functioning. So it isn't choosing between them and Hemus as priority.
Old January 27th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #4106
LG_

Likes (Received): 179

It is the sad truth: the poorer north Bulgaria is prevent having any chances to recover the ecomomic's differences to the south part of the country longtermly!
I think that at least the part till Pleven/Lovech should be motorway.

Last edited by LG_; January 28th, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
LG_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #4107
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13145

The government doesn't give a sh** about North Bulgaria. That's the sad true. I don't give a sh** about the government neither anymore.
Capt.Vimes está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #4108
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18768

Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #4109
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Some pictures with the Vidin-Calafat bridge:

Quote:
Originally Posted by udar View Post
aproape de unirea celor doua tronsoane unul de pe uscat cu unul de pe apa..........

mai raman 4 uniri(lipiri) !!!

I understand there are 4 more concrete blocks to go until a full body of the bridge, which means IMO more than 80% of the work completed.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #4110
uNDiDo
Investor

Likes (Received): 81

Finally it nears it's end of construction!
uNDiDo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #4111
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Yeah, just 3 more pillars and their corresponding spans to construct, and it will all be ready . Le Clerk, udar meant 4 more spans to be completed, not concrete sections. Big difference.

I am very pleased, however, that works are now carrying on at a steady non-gastropod pace, and the bridge will probably be completed by year-end. I really like the bridge's design, and think it will be a great landmark, and a symbol of a united Bulgaria and Romania .
Old January 29th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #4112
uNDiDo
Investor

Likes (Received): 81

ops, what a mistake

I like the bridge very much as well and honestly I am impatient to see and try it when finished..
uNDiDo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #4113
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
Yeah, just 3 more pillars and their corresponding spans to construct, and it will all be ready . Le Clerk, udar meant 4 more spans to be completed, not concrete sections. Big difference.

I am very pleased, however, that works are now carrying on at a steady non-gastropod pace, and the bridge will probably be completed by year-end. I really like the bridge's design, and think it will be a great landmark, and a symbol of a united Bulgaria and Romania .
OK, I got it, you dissapointed me. I thought he meant something else. I am not into technical field.

4 spans to go looks like a lot of work still. FCC needs to speed up works. I am also loking forward to try it.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #4114
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Here you can get more realistic image, as of 12.01.2012:

And what is not in the picture above is this (21.01):

Unfortunatelly the progress scheme isn't updated since 11.2011, but still it gives an overview of the whole structure:
http://danubebridge2.com/images/n/11...11-2011-EN.jpg
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #4115
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

It is(going to be)a nice bridge, well done!
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #4116
rtifosi

Likes (Received): 0

Actually, the progress is pretty good!
The deadline is the end of this year?
I guess that the bad weather the last week did not help them a lot.
rtifosi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 11:40 PM   #4117
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ Unfortunately, the bridge is in huge delay. However, it is clear that they speed up the works lately. Yes, according to some Bulgarian and Romanian officials, there are chances to see it completed by the end of this year. Let's hope so, cause it is badly needed. North-western Bulgaria and south-western Romania are two poor regions comparing to the rest of our countries. And of course, the bridge is a great piece of infrastructure, worthing a travel there just to see it.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #4118
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio View Post
Unfortunately, rumors from the recent weeks are officially confirmed. The minister of Regional development and public works Lilyana Pavlova said in an interview that the missing parts of A2 between the existing stretches from Yablanitsa and Shumen will be built not as a motorway, but as a expressway (skorostni patishta) - without hard shoulders and with lower speed limits. Eventually, emergency lanes could be added in future...
Source: http://journey.bg/news/?&ntype=1&year=2012&news=47555
Actually that's populism. They don't plan to build the road with motorway parameters and that's what the ministress said on the Council of Ministers on 25th January.
We can deduce this only by logic. According to their media explanation "we would just need to add an emergency lane" and you can't save a lot of money, which is their aim, by only not building an emergency lane and narrowing active lanes by 0.25cm each.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
Hah, finally someone focuses on the really important things, the Struma motorway and the Trakya and Marica motorway which have much more traffic then the hemus motorway, but still a motorway there would be better.
Do you have any official data to backup your statement???

My impression is that if Hemus existed it would have more traffic than Maritsa and equal or more than Trakya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post

Hope we start building Danube bridges 3 and 4 really soon.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #4119
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

It is decided that the junction of Sofia Ring Road with the road Sofia-Kalotina will be made by this project:

To the west is the road to Kalotina and Serbia.
To the south is towards the A5 Lyulin and the road to Greece and Macedonia.
To the north is towards the northern part of the Ring Road and the future motorway-standard Northern Speed Tangent that will connect the mentioned roads to A2 Hemus and A1 Trakiya.
To the east is boulevard Slivnitsa towards the centre of Sofia.

There isn't enough place for a complete cloverleaf-junction because of private land and existing buildings. Also this solution gives some speedier turns for the transit directions than the leafs of a cloverleaf. I am happy that they finally designed something different from cloverleafs and roundabouts

There are 13 companies (mostly consortiums, some with international participants) that participated in the tender for the stretch of western part of Sofia Ring Road, that starts from the roundabout-junction with A5 Lyulin and goes north from this important junction towards the future Northern Speed Tangent... Results from tender are expected in about a month, with or without appeals constructions are expected to start in summer or autumn this year.
Old February 8th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #4120
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Winter conditions on Sofia Ring Road - I travelled from eastern intersection with A1 to southern intersection with boulevard Bulgaria, some 15 km:

Red - old 1+1 section
Orange circle - temporary roundabout
Blue - 2x4 main + distant 2x2 locals (intersection with streetlight is temporary)
Orange - u/c - 2x3 main + 2x2 local (some places locals are underneath the main)
Green - 2x3 main + 2x2 locals

Part 1:

Bridge over Iskar river:

Intersection with road to Samokov/Borovets (to the left)

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia