daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 24th, 2007, 03:28 PM   #441
Jonesy55
Mooderator

Likes (Received): 20282

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
And if something is partly financed by EU funds it is visible 20 km away because of gigantic signs which tell that it“s partly financed by EU, EVEN IN DIFFERENT LANGUACES, this makes foreigners think Bulgaria has no money and everything is financed by EU, what a bullshit, they should not do this. GIVE IMEDIATELLY MONEY FOR CONSTRUCTION OF MOTORWAYS YOU EU WHROESONS!!!
Why don't you tell the Bulgarian government to properly plan, document and cost projects like all the other countries have to before we get given any money?

If Bulgaria has only spent 10% of its allocated funds because of incompetence in the Sofia government you cannot blame the EU.
Jonesy55 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #442
^Anton^
Same old me

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy55 View Post
Why don't you tell the Bulgarian government to properly plan, document and cost projects like all the other countries have to before we get given any money?

If Bulgaria has only spent 10% of its allocated funds because of incompetence in the Sofia government you cannot blame the EU.
Well said, joining the EU is not like going to your granny's house and ask her for some money. If the Bulgarian goverment plans and documents its projects properly, I'm sure cash will flow.
Old September 24th, 2007, 03:35 PM   #443
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1819

Estonia had the same problem at the beginning: They couldn't make properly documented projects so they didn't get the money. But now you can even get EU money for building a golf course if you can explain, why it's necessary.

Last edited by Rebasepoiss; September 24th, 2007 at 07:42 PM.
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 03:36 PM   #444
aswnl

Likes (Received): 84

It's not only taking from the EU, it's also giving.
Good information for instance on how the money is to be spent, and is spent.
Plus your own plans have to be sound - and you have to put your own taxmoney in it as well. I don't think that's too much asked.
Seen from the perspective of a country with one of the highest yearly amounts of netto-contributions being paid per citizen...
aswnl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #445
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebasepoiss View Post
Estonia had the same problem at the beginning: They couldn't make properly documented projects so they didn't get the money. But now you can even get EU money for building a gold course if you can explain, why it's necessary.
Whats a ''gold course''? Sounds like something the EU would pay for
KIWIKAAS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 06:09 PM   #446
Realek
BANNED

Likes (Received): 26

gold course is a golf course (when you hit the wrong key)
Realek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 06:46 PM   #447
wyqtor
Coexist

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
eco la EU! i guess now you understand why here in Croatia we are against entering to EU - because SE European countries would always be the last shit in it! you thought that milk and honey wait you there? you thought that you'll be equal to old members? somebody told you really optimistic stories...
Partly you are correct, but from my perspective it was still a good thing for my country - Romania - to join the EU. Why? Because we can now go to Hungary every month and buy new stuff - food, clothes, etc. (Fortunately we live 20 km away from the border). We only get to wait 5 minutes or less at the border. Before we had to pay a 50 EUR or so insurance ("green card") for 2 weeks every time before going, otherwise they would not let us pass.

Another reason is I can now buy some good Dutch and Italian cheese from the local supermarket in my town and more quality foods - something that wouldn't have been possible a year ago. I remember I couldn't even find a good chocolate to eat, all of them were that bad!

There aren't as many quality products as in Hungary at the moment, but things will definitely improve a lot faster.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 07:01 PM   #448
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
Partly you are correct, but from my perspective it was still a good thing for my country - Romania - to join the EU. Why? Because we can now go to Hungary every month and buy new stuff - food, clothes, etc. (Fortunately we live 20 km away from the border). We only get to wait 5 minutes or less at the border. Before we had to pay a 50 EUR or so insurance ("green card") for 2 weeks every time before going, otherwise they would not let us pass.

Another reason is I can now buy some good Dutch and Italian cheese from the local supermarket in my town and more quality foods - something that wouldn't have been possible a year ago. I remember I couldn't even find a good chocolate to eat, all of them were that bad!

There aren't as many quality products as in Hungary at the moment, but things will definitely improve a lot faster.
We have it all without EU.
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 07:10 PM   #449
wyqtor
Coexist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHS View Post
We have it all without EU.
Yes, I noticed during my trip 2 years ago that even though we are in EU, you guys are waaaaay ahead of us... And we didn't even fight a war...
Old September 24th, 2007, 07:18 PM   #450
^Anton^
Same old me

Quote:

And appart from the advantages the average citizen will see, and the huge inversion in infrastructure, it is important to remember how the EU benefits the commercial relations between the different members, increasing the economic activity and expanding the markets of the countries.
Old September 24th, 2007, 11:52 PM   #451
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:

i understand you. but we have totaly opposite situation. we never had problems for passing the borders. and about grosseries - foreign products here in Croatia are really not prized because here comes only trash from EU and our products are much more quality and more expensive. but we prefer our more expensive products. if something good comes from EU, it's also expensive.
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 12:11 AM   #452
DiggerD21
spaghetti polonaise

Likes (Received): 1355

I hope that radi is a small minority in Bulgaria which doesn't get heard. Otherwise Bulgaria could get a reputation in the EU-public of being a greedy parasite, with the public wishing of Bulgaria throwing out of the EU.
Radi has for sure not understood the motives behind the EU, which is much more then just building up poor member-countries and is rooted in the experience of WWII. Blame your politicians who were surely extensively informed about the EU rules prior to joining but obviously ignore them.
DiggerD21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 12:13 AM   #453
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Sounds like it's the fault of the local politicians and not the EU. It's not like your country's prime minister can just say "gimme €10 billion" and Brussels will happily oblige.

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 05:05 PM   #454
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Radi,here's a good looking motorway for you:
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 07:10 PM   #455
Maxx☢Power
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Are you saying BG built the gloriousness that is Struma all by itself? That can't be.. Make a post in the budget next year for shiny crash barriers and I'm sure you'll see the euros flooding in.
Maxx☢Power no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:05 PM   #456
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxPower View Post
Are you saying BG built the gloriousness that is Struma all by itself? That can't be.. Make a post in the budget next year for shiny crash barriers and I'm sure you'll see the euros flooding in.
Yes, it was build by the country
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:09 PM   #457
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
Radi,here's a good looking motorway for you:
It“s awesome, ti really reminds me of the Struma motorway.
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:52 PM   #458
wyqtor
Coexist

An article from the website of the top Romanian news television:

Quote:
Un grup format din opt turşiti romāni, care se īndreptau spre Turcia, au fost atacaţi aseară īn timp ce traversau Bulgaria, la 30 de kilometri Stara Zagora.

Romānii au povestit că agresorii erau deghizaţi īn poliţişti şi aveau cagule pe faţă, la fel ca cei de la forţele speciale. Atacatorii i-au ameninţat cu arme Kalaşnikov, le-au pus cătuşe, i-au lovit, le-au furat actele, telefoanele mobile şi banii şi au dat foc microbuzului cu care se deplasau.

Turiştii spun că poliţia bulgară a intervenit tārziu şi că nu cred că există şanse ca tālharii să fie prinşi.

Romānii susţin că au mers la procuratură şi că au luat legătura cu reprezentanţii consulatului şi că aceştia ar fi īn drum spre Stara Zagora.
TRANSLATION:
Quote:
"A group of 8 Romanian tourists, heading towards Turkey, were attacked last night while crossing Bulgaria, 30 km away from Stara Zagora.

The Romanians said that the aggresors were disguised as cops and had (ninja) masks on their face, just like those from the special forces. The attackers threatened them with AK-47 guns, handcuffed them, beat them, stole their documents, mobile phones and money and set ablaze the mini-bus in which the tourists were traveling.

The tourists say that the Bulgarian police intervened late and they don't believe there are any chances the attackers will be caught.

The Romanians claim they went to the district attorney's office and they contacted the representatives of the Romanian consulate which are on their way to Stara Zagora."
This is simply shocking! Romania might be far away from countries like Poland, Hungary, etc. in terms of development, but I feel safe here and the Police - even though easily bribable - would never demand any bribes like Bulgarian Police and would work for the people by at least trying to act as quickly as possible and bring such bandits to justice!

I never heard of anything similar happening in my country, this is reminiscent of lawless 3rd world countries ruled by the local mafia, not EU members!

But you know what the saddest thing is? That it's the regular Bulgarians (I know several and have a great appreciation for them - including Radi of course who is the life of this forum - they're great people ) who suffer because of the negative publicity their country gets from things like these!
Old September 25th, 2007, 09:04 PM   #459
wyqtor
Coexist

Radi for Bulgarian Transportation Minister!!! You have my full support!

We want shiny crashbarriers and neon-like markings all the the way from Vidin to Kulata

And no ******* corrupt cops on it!

Last edited by wyqtor; September 25th, 2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old September 25th, 2007, 09:23 PM   #460
radi6404

Quote:
Radi for Bulgarian Transportation Minister!!! You have my full support!

We want shiny crashbarriers and neon-like markings all the the way from Vidin to Kulata

And no ******* corrupt cops on it!
i would do it with pleasure, I would choose the crasbarriers and asphalt myself. If I now would become transportation Minister I would make all money flow to the Struma motorway first and the other motorways jsut build when there“s enough money.

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia