daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 28th, 2013, 11:58 PM   #5121
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Ofcourse it is that strumatic, would you experience this motorway and the future sections of it, you would say the same about it. I kow that I am a bit extreme about motorways, but I tell you, anyone who has really experienced the Struma motorway has lost words about it's smoothness and quality, anyone was amazed, it is magical and would you experience it, you would mention it somewhere aswell

Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #5122
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9153

As you spoke about bridges across Danube, here's the long awaited update from the official site of the contractor, building the one at Vidin-Calafat:
Quote:
Originally Posted by velbujd View Post
Нови снимки от моста (господ знае от коя дата).

Строителни дейности по моста

Подготовка на крановата инсталация за монтаж на защитните елементи при стълб РВ12

Строителни дейности при стълб РВ12

Кофриране на жп бариерата на моста

Подготовка на дренажни тръби за монтаж

Транспортиране на дренажни тръби за моста

Демонтиране на крановата инсталация за монтаж на защитните елементи при стълб РВ11

syst3m liked this post
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:30 AM   #5123
ionuttzu
BANNED

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
Ofcourse it is that strumatic, would you experience this motorway and the future sections of it, you would say the same about it. I kow that I am a bit extreme about motorways, but I tell you, anyone who has really experienced the Struma motorway has lost words about it's smoothness and quality, anyone was amazed, it is magical and would you experience it, you would mention it somewhere aswell
You're talking about that motorway like it's the 8'th wonder of the world
ionuttzu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #5124
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

NO, it is not a wolrd wonder, but it is a great technological achievment for sure.
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #5125
tonylondon

Likes (Received): 31

radi6404 is not wolrd but world haha
tonylondon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #5126
Andrej_LJ

Likes (Received): 5204

Updated highway map of Bulgaria, with the expected dates of opening of the new sections, as well as expected dates of starting the construction of the new sections, priorities for this year:

A2 E83 HEMUS Highway (Sofia-Varna) route.

Currently all tenders have started for updating and completing the old technical plans, so construction of the rest app. 270 kilometres can start as soon as possible with the new programme period (2014-2020).

syst3m liked this post
Andrej_LJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #5127
AUchamps

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
NO, it is not a wolrd wonder, but it is a great technological achievment for sure.
Struma is salvation, it is hypnotic, it is Strumatic.
But what is Strumatic, we have to define what Strumatic is, a word that refers to the experience of driving/travelling on a superior motorway called Struma motorway or to the ultimative psychedelic road experience only possible on brand new roads and most effective when there´s snow outside so that the shiny crashbarriers shine even more and reflect the snow and the asphalt looks even better. I must think of it´s best definition first. -Radi Click
AUchamps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #5128
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Andrey_Lj
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #5129
syst3m

Likes (Received): 214

what is the red U/C thing in the west part of the ring road of Sofia ?
syst3m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #5130
Andrej_LJ

Likes (Received): 5204

Quote:
Originally Posted by syst3m View Post
what is the red U/C thing in the west part of the ring road of Sofia ?
It is the 5-6 km long Western part of the ring of Sofia, which will link the end of Sofia-Pernik-Thessaloniki motorway, with the motorway Sofia - Nish - Belgrade via the new 3 level crossing, and the new Northern ring of Sofia which is due to start in spring this year. It will have several interchanges and a bridge over river Kakach. It is also going to have a direct link to Lyulin district (additional to the one at blvd. Slivnitsa).
Andrej_LJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #5131
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Construction of motorway bridge over Maritsa river of the same name A4 Maritsa motorway:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momchilg View Post

Old January 31st, 2013, 09:28 AM   #5132
gogo3o
Bulgaria

Likes (Received): 13439

18 participants in the tender for preliminary design of (A3) Struma Motorway Lot 3 "Blagoevgrad - Sandanski" (64km, including long tunnels).

Source: http://infrastructure.bg/show.php?storyid=1993193
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:11 PM   #5133
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

A6 Lyulin motorway:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:16 AM   #5134
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Few more of the construction of A4 Maritsa's bridge over the same name river:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poletar View Post
мост над р.Марица км 24+796

пилотни работи при стълб №16

поглед към монтираните греди от южния бряг

устой "Оризово"

площада за монтаж на греди - Момчил има доста ядове с нея

отвор м/у стълб №9 и стълб №10

Old February 1st, 2013, 11:27 AM   #5135
vectom

Likes (Received): 967

Quote:
If I get it right , Struma motorway is this short completed section going from Sofia down next to Pernik and then shall continue to Dupnica (U/C) and on south planned to end at Kulata on the Greek border?

I don't know if I missed something while passing there. I drove it twice this summer on a motorbike. Nothing so spectacular to notice for it's design, or maybe I missed something. I know that when you go from south towards intersection near Pernik, on your right there is one local turning that isn't de-levelized from the motorway, which is a scandal, if we talk about motorway standards. However, it's maybe there to wait for some petrol station construction or so, no idea. Also, quality of road is criminal at some points, please be real, if you go towards south, that auxilary lane had two or three huge dents measuring few meters or close to ten meters in their length, it was obvious that motorway surface wasn't prepared well before putting surface layers. If you're on a bike, you can die if you ride over them at some higher speed.
Also, didn't notice any SOS phones, roadside infrastructure was kind of weird, having more than enough technical stops for guys who maintain the road, but not enough petrol stations and almost none roadside rest points with shades (I passed in August on +35 on a bike, so couldn't miss this).
Correct me if I'm wrong or things got improved, but this is what I noticed there. In my opinion, it's just a regular motorway with few serious failures (dents, for example).

edit:
to prevent misunderstanding, I refered to Struma portion when saying about dents, cracked asphalt and non de-levelized side road. Didn't refer to Lyulin motorway part in this post.

Last edited by vectom; February 1st, 2013 at 03:06 PM.
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:46 PM   #5136
AUchamps

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectom View Post

If I get it right , Struma motorway is this short completed section going from Sofia down next to Pernik and then shall continue to Dupnica (U/C) and on south planned to end at Kulata on the Greek border?

I don't know if I missed something while passing there. I drove it twice this summer on a motorbike. Nothing so spectacular to notice for it's design, or maybe I missed something. I know that when you go from south towards intersection near Pernik, on your right there is one local turning that isn't de-levelized from the motorway, which is a scandal, if we talk about motorway standards. However, it's maybe there to wait for some petrol station construction or so, no idea. Also, quality of road is criminal at some points, please be real, if you go towards south, that auxilary lane had two or three huge dents measuring few meters or close to ten meters in their length, it was obvious that motorway surface wasn't prepared well before putting surface layers. If you're on a bike, you can die if you ride over them at some higher speed.
Also, didn't notice any SOS phones, roadside infrastructure was kind of weird, having more than enough technical stops for guys who maintain the road, but not enough petrol stations and almost none roadside rest points with shades (I passed in August on +35 on a bike, so couldn't miss this).
Correct me if I'm wrong or things got improved, but this is what I noticed there. In my opinion, it's just a regular motorway with few serious failures (dents, for example).

edit:
to prevent misunderstanding, I refered to Struma portion when saying about dents, cracked asphalt and non de-levelized side road. Didn't refer to Lyulin motorway part in this post.
But what about the gas station with the McDonalds that looks like it is from Mars in the next century?
But what is Strumatic, we have to define what Strumatic is, a word that refers to the experience of driving/travelling on a superior motorway called Struma motorway or to the ultimative psychedelic road experience only possible on brand new roads and most effective when there´s snow outside so that the shiny crashbarriers shine even more and reflect the snow and the asphalt looks even better. I must think of it´s best definition first. -Radi Click
AUchamps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:52 PM   #5137
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUchamps View Post
But what about the gas station with the McDonalds that looks like it is from Mars in the next century?
Didn't it look like it was from DOOM III or smth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo3o View Post
18 participants in the tender for preliminary design of (A3) Struma Motorway Lot 3 "Blagoevgrad - Sandanski" (64km, including long tunnels).

Source: http://infrastructure.bg/show.php?storyid=1993193
From Bulgaria, Italy, Slovakia, Spain, Czech Republic, Germany, Great Britain, Sweden, Poland and Romania.

Very good map btw.

Last edited by PhirgataZFs1694; February 1st, 2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:05 AM   #5138
Tihi_RSK

Likes (Received): 10

Gooo Gooo Bulgaria Soon new highway 80 is gona conect Serbia and Bulgaria
Tihi_RSK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:15 AM   #5139
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tihi_RSK View Post
Gooo Gooo Bulgaria Soon new highway 80 is gona conect Serbia and Bulgaria
Btw, we should probably soon sign a contract for E80 SRB/BG border Sofia and Sofia bypass and thus connect SRB to the three motorways around Sofia - Lyulin[A6]->Struma[A3], Hemus[A2] and Trakia[A1].
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:17 PM   #5140
syst3m

Likes (Received): 214

Good news indeed ... IMHO , E80 (A7) & Sofia bypasses are vital infrastructures which need to be prioritized ... All motorways going through Sofia need to be interconnected , atm they just end nowhere...

In other news ... Danube bridge 2 could be officially opened on 9th of May (The day of Europe) ... depends only on weather ... till now it has been gracious and the name of the bridge will not be "Danube bridge 2" but possibly Dunonia bridge (Vidin emerged at the place of an old Celtic settlement known as Dunonia)

Last edited by syst3m; February 2nd, 2013 at 03:23 PM.
syst3m no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia