daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:18 PM   #5141
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectom View Post
If I get it right , Struma motorway is this short completed section going from Sofia down next to Pernik and then shall continue to Dupnica (U/C) and on south planned to end at Kulata on the Greek border?

I don't know if I missed something while passing there. I drove it twice this summer on a motorbike. Nothing so spectacular to notice for it's design, or maybe I missed something. I know that when you go from south towards intersection near Pernik, on your right there is one local turning that isn't de-levelized from the motorway, which is a scandal, if we talk about motorway standards. However, it's maybe there to wait for some petrol station construction or so, no idea. Also, quality of road is criminal at some points, please be real, if you go towards south, that auxilary lane had two or three huge dents measuring few meters or close to ten meters in their length, it was obvious that motorway surface wasn't prepared well before putting surface layers. If you're on a bike, you can die if you ride over them at some higher speed.
Also, didn't notice any SOS phones, roadside infrastructure was kind of weird, having more than enough technical stops for guys who maintain the road, but not enough petrol stations and almost none roadside rest points with shades (I passed in August on +35 on a bike, so couldn't miss this).
Correct me if I'm wrong or things got improved, but this is what I noticed there. In my opinion, it's just a regular motorway with few serious failures (dents, for example).

edit:
to prevent misunderstanding, I refered to Struma portion when saying about dents, cracked asphalt and non de-levelized side road. Didn't refer to Lyulin motorway part in this post.
I don#t know what you are talking about, but when I have driven on the struma motroway there were no cracks, holes or whatever, the last time however was one year ago and the motorway surface was still perfect. If you want to put the motorway down and say it is bad because of the emergency lane it is bad that you did not broke your bike on that. Because the raod is very good and one error at the emgergency lane, caused by dust and no cleaing of the motorway at all for many years does not put the motorway down, there are no errors on the driving lanes of the motorway and it is very smooth. I am sorry for the hard words but it is laughable what you say here. Because anyone who drives on that road says it is great and last time my parents were in Bulgaria they confirmed that it was great aswell, so one error at the emergency lane will not put the motorway down, it is the of the smoothest motorways in Bulgaria

And by the way, the Ljulin motorway is also part of Struma motorway.

Kese, makaveli6 liked this post
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:01 PM   #5142
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9150

Some very nice shots and views of the almost completed Danube bridge at Vidin-Calafat in the following TV video report (in Bulgarian):
http://vid.btv.bg/vod/2013/02/02/ddd...4_61076830.mp4
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:05 PM   #5143
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Any news about the tolls of that bridge?

And the tolls at the Ruse - Giurgiu Bridge? I believe there were plans to scrap the tolls there, but Romania doesn't seem to be eager to do that, I've read Bulgaria lowered the tolls in 2011, but Romania didn't follow suit.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:20 PM   #5144
syst3m

Likes (Received): 214

As far as I know the tolls for the Danube Bridge - Rousse - Kalafat are
cars: RO toll: 6 EUR, BG toll: 2 EUR
lorry: 37 EUR

Construction of the bridge vidin - kalafat is not 100% completed, so the procedures of the legislation of the bridge have not started yet and thus there are only rumors about the tolls and the company that will operate the bridge.

The rumor about the taxes collected is 6 eur car, 37 eur lorry. There is another rumour that that cars registered in Calafat and vidin will cross for free. The split of the toll collected would be 80% bg - 20 % ro according to invested money from both parts.(media speculations) The company operating will be located in Vidin and tolls would be collected on RO side.
syst3m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:36 PM   #5145
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by syst3m View Post
In other news ... Danube bridge 2 could be officially opened on 9th of May (The day of Europe) ... depends only on weather ... till now it has been gracious and the name of the bridge will not be "Danube bridge 2" but possibly Dunonia bridge (Vidin emerged at the place of an old Celtic settlement known as Dunonia)
Bononia. And it's not sure at all what the name of the bridge will be.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 04:16 PM   #5146
syst3m

Likes (Received): 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
Bononia...
ook...that sounds even more ridiculous
syst3m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:18 PM   #5147
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by syst3m View Post
ook...that sounds even more ridiculous
(from wiki)
Quote:
Vidin emerged at the place of an old Celtic settlement known as Dunonia. The name itself meant "fortified hill" with the typically Celtic dun found frequently in Celtic place names.[8] The settlement evolved into an Roman fortified town called Bononia.
But the name discussed was Bononia.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:58 PM   #5148
radi6404

The name of the bridge will be future bridge 1, since it wil feature the future elements such as extremly smooth asphalt and shiny crashbarriers and doom 3 video surveillance just as other roads in Bulgaria, how could you forget aobut it?
Old February 4th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #5149
pobre diablo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 316

pobre diablo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #5150
gmacruyff

Likes (Received): 1416

Look at the scottish town Culloden(back of the small pond)-in Celtic(Scottish Gaelic)

Change it slightly to short versions for each town:-

Cala(Romanias Calafat) and Dun(Bulgarias Vidin)

Final:CALADUN Bridge!(or Caledonia Bridge)
gmacruyff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 12:27 AM   #5151
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre diablo View Post

Now if you can#t understand the humour in that post it is not my fault. The times when I have been serious about that stuff are over, altough i do think Bulgaria builds some of the best roads in europe.
Old February 4th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #5152
radi6404

Очакваме лот 1 от Долна Диканя до Дупница да бъде пуснат предсрочно в началото на пролетта. По този начин ще може да се поеме трафикът към Гърция, който се увеличава все повече.

Very good news
Old February 4th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #5153
pobre diablo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
Now if you can#t understand the humour in that post it is not my fault. The times when I have been serious about that stuff are over, altough i do think Bulgaria builds some of the best roads in europe.
It sounds very much in tune with all your posts.
pobre diablo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 02:54 AM   #5154
radi6404

Well, I was going crazy about the roads earlier, but that is more meant to be humour, but in fact the Bulgarian roads are very smooth and it is not just me who is saying that, many people have said that, foreigners, one guy has commented a video of mine and he said the roads are very smooth and look good. Anyone who would say the Bulgarian roads are normal or that no road can be good, since a road is only somethig to drive on so a road is nothing to think about should leave behind his majuriy and see a road as a house, a building or something similar.

People comment on houses, on buildings, that they are beautiful, why not on roads?
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #5155
AUchamps

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
Well, I was going crazy about the roads earlier, but that is more meant to be humour, but in fact the Bulgarian roads are very smooth and it is not just me who is saying that, many people have said that, foreigners, one guy has commented a video of mine and he said the roads are very smooth and look good. Anyone who would say the Bulgarian roads are normal or that no road can be good, since a road is only somethig to drive on so a road is nothing to think about should leave behind his majuriy and see a road as a house, a building or something similar.

People comment on houses, on buildings, that they are beautiful, why not on roads?
You been a follower of this road for five years. It is like a cult to you
But what is Strumatic, we have to define what Strumatic is, a word that refers to the experience of driving/travelling on a superior motorway called Struma motorway or to the ultimative psychedelic road experience only possible on brand new roads and most effective when there´s snow outside so that the shiny crashbarriers shine even more and reflect the snow and the asphalt looks even better. I must think of it´s best definition first. -Radi Click
AUchamps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #5156
gogo3o
Bulgaria

Likes (Received): 13436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio View Post
Someone should "repair" this wikipedia page, as recently there was official government motorway re-numeration which finally cleared the ongoing for decades mess with them

So they are:
A1 Trakiya (Sofia-Plovdiv-Chirpan-Burgas)
A2 Hemus (Sofia-Yablanitsa...Shumen-Varna)
A3 Struma (Pernik-Blagoevgrad-Kulata/Greece)
A4 Maritsa (Chirpan-Kapitan Andreevo/Turkey)
A5 Cherno more (Varna-Burgas)
A6 Lyulin (Sofia-Pernik)

There are also speculations that the stretch Sofia-Kalotina/Serbia will be numered A7
Done
Old February 5th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #5157
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo3o View Post

Our forumer galin_gradev made an extensive report on progress of A2 Hemus motorway section Sofia Ring Road - Yana. You can find it here

Last edited by PhirgataZFs1694; February 5th, 2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old February 5th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #5158
PhirgataZFs1694

galin_gradev made a report also on Struma motrway[A3], lot1 Dolna Dikanya - Dupnitsa. How cool of him to bring back christmas spirit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galin_gradev View Post
Е не се стърпях на връщане от София. ГБС-то са изроди.

Last edited by PhirgataZFs1694; February 6th, 2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old February 5th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #5159
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by galin_gradev View Post

Old February 5th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #5160
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo3o View Post
Done
Good job .

Is it possible to add the date of that version within the map? Thanks in advance.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia