daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 29th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #5401
suvi genije

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Sorry, I havn't recognized that the latest pictures are from the A1.

I cannot believe how a politician may announce such a bullshit without any consequence!? It is only one month until 1st of July.
You wouldn't believe what are politicians able to announce in Balkan countries.
This is even not bad at all- they announced that opening to July 2013, it will be opened in autumn 2013 or spring 2014. There are many worse examples.

gogu.ca liked this post
suvi genije no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #5402
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi genije View Post
You wouldn't believe what are politicians able to announce in Balkan countries.
This is even not bad at all- they announced that opening to July 2013, it will be opened in autumn 2013 or spring 2014. There are many worse examples.
Well, German politicians also announce unrealistic dates for plan approval orders, construction start and completion. That's business as usual - but not one month before the reported opening date when everyone can see that is nonsense! That's incredible!
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #5403
Andrej_LJ

Likes (Received): 5204

You will both be very surprised to see that this final section of highway to Burgas will be opened durring July this year. The progress is amazing in the past few weeks and I am very optimistic that it will be finished in July, but not on the 1st as mentioned. Here is a map of 5 days difference (19.5 vs. 24.5) and the progress. Light green is stabilisation layer and the purple one is the pre-final asphalt layer:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3089/192405.jpg

Maybe we can create a virtual bet, for one virtual beer!

EDIT: Sorry guys, here is the whole updated section of the u/c part, as of 24.5. it contains lot of information and you will be able to understand it even if you dont know Cyrillic:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7...akia422405.jpg

Last edited by Andrej_LJ; May 29th, 2013 at 02:06 AM.
Andrej_LJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #5404
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

How about the Struma motorway, is it sure it will open in June 2013 to Dupnica? The Blagoevgrad Dupnica section is not under construction still, is it?

Also, why can I not post and why is the site not loading, is it because I use adblock plus? I am lucky when I can open this page after 3 or 4 tries.
Old May 29th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #5405
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrej_LJ View Post
You will both be very surprised to see that this final section of highway to Burgas will be opened durring July this year.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#post103532327

I cannot believe that this section will be opened completely in summer 2013. Maybe the section will officially be opened, but I am sure that it will not be used 2x2 on the whole section. Maybe on some parts only one carriageway will get in service.

Quote:
The progress is amazing in the past few weeks
I don't know how that works in Bulgaria, but Germans need at least one month to position the signs and to upset the marking after the pavement is completed.

Quote:
Ok. I guess this section can be used 2x2 in autumn 2013 (October or November).

Quote:
it contains lot of information and you will be able to understand it even if you dont know Cyrillic:
I am too stupid to understand that information .
Old May 29th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #5406
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19383

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I don't know how that works in Bulgaria, but Germans need at least one month to position the signs and to upset the marking after the pavement is completed.
That depends on how the project is contracted. From what I've seen, many German projects are not contracted as one deal, but all things are contracted separately (such as earthworks/grading, viaducts, paving, signage, crash barriers, noise barriers, etcetera). In many countries it is common to contract all of this to the one contractor, so they install signs even before paving may be completed.

Furthermore, it depends on how much manpower they use. If you have just one small road marking crew, it can indeed take a while before all road markings are applied for the entire project. However if you have several crews working simultaneously, road markings can be done in a few days, but it is weather-dependent.

However, I agree that a July opening seems very optimistic.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

cassini83, rtifosi liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #5407
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
From what I've seen, many German projects are not contracted as one deal, but all things are contracted separately
Well, there are also many German projects with only one contructor, especially widening projects. That kind of projects contain also a reconstruction of the carriageways. I compared my experience with that kind of projects to the latest pictures of the correspondent motorway section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
However if you have several crews working simultaneously, road markings can be done in a few days, but it is weather-dependent.
Of course. But I don't believe that it can be opened in June like the Minister said. I also don't think that the section can completely get in service in July or August. In addition I gambled and said, it will also not be used in September .
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #5408
suvi genije

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
You will both be very surprised to see that this final section of highway to Burgas will be opened durring July this year.
I wolud like to be surprised!
I take the bet!
suvi genije no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #5409
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

@Radi, Struma motrway[A3] Dolna Dikania - Dupnitsa will be openned in June 2013. 100%

@others for Trakia motrway[A1] Yambol-east - Karnobat, IMHO July is unrealstic. I bet on some day in August.

Now, why is the minister saying obvious lies? I think she is playing mindgames with the construction companies. If Bulgaria terminates the contract now and retenders the section, we most probably wouldn't be able to co-finance it with european money.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #5410
JloKyM

Likes (Received): 11775

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
@Radi, Struma motrway[A3] Dolna Dikania - Dupnitsa will be openned in June 2013. 100%

@others for Trakia motrway[A1] Yambol-east - Karnobat, IMHO July is unrealstic. I bet on some day in August.

Now, why is the minister saying obvious lies? I think she is playing mindgames with the construction companies. If Bulgaria terminates the contract now and retenders the section, we most probably wouldn't be able to co-finance it with european money.
Why someone would even think about terminating the contract just 1 or 2 months before the end of construction and especially when the construction activity is unseen in Bulgaria..
JloKyM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #5411
gogo3o
Bulgaria

Likes (Received): 13429

I doubt that we will see a terminated contract with the new government of "the Bulgarian Mario Monti". There is no need about A1, but A4 definitely needs termination of contracts for both lot 1 and lot 2.

However, there is one good thing about the new government - a new Ministry for Investment Projects has been created to handle with falling behind with projects for the 2014-2020 EU funds period.
Old May 30th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #5412
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by JloKyM View Post
Why someone would even think about terminating the contract just 1 or 2 months before the end of construction and especially when the construction activity is unseen in Bulgaria..
Because delaying the project costs a lot in money, menhours, comfort and last but not least human lives.

Progress on 19.05.2013 Trakia motorway[A1] Yambol-east - Karnobat.
Progress on 24.05.2013 Trakia motorway[A1] Yambol-east - Karnobat.

Last edited by PhirgataZFs1694; May 30th, 2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old May 30th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #5413
JloKyM

Likes (Received): 11775

Quote:
Because delaying the project costs a lot in money, menhours, comfort and last but not least human lives.

And you think that terminating the contract and thus delaying the construction with at least 6 months is better than finishing it in 2 months?
JloKyM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #5414
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by JloKyM View Post
And you think that terminating the contract and thus delaying the construction with at least 6 months is better than finishing it in 2 months?
Yes, because it's would have been a good signal for other construction smart asses that plan to racketeer the government.
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #5415
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

It was obvious, the communists come, the motorway construction stops. But yeah, the people are guilty for that, noone else. Expensive energy bills, anywhere they are expensive, that is no reason to want to kill Borissov.
Old May 31st, 2013, 09:37 AM   #5416
gogo3o
Bulgaria

Likes (Received): 13429

Upgrade of 3 km of the west arc of Sofia ring road to 2x(3+2) lanes. Pics by Senna 1 and chevyvolt.

Old May 31st, 2013, 01:20 PM   #5417
PhirgataZFs1694

Trakia motorway[A1] website(in EN as well)
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:36 PM   #5418
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Progress on 30.05.2013 Trakia motorway[A1] Yambol-east - Karnobat.
Old June 1st, 2013, 01:05 PM   #5419
PhirgataZFs1694

Shipka pass(I-5 Gabrovov - Kazanluk) scenery:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEH View Post
Приказна красота! Не се сдържах и спрях да направя снимки и това кратко клипче. На живо е магическо!

Old June 2nd, 2013, 09:01 AM   #5420
Thracе
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2348

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOV USER View Post

A Bulgarian SSC user uses a drone to gather information about the progress in the construction works of Struma highway.

mpeculea, Angelos, violinivo, MichiH, Lum Lumi and 2 others liked this post
Thracе no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia