daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 15th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #5721
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

[QUOTE=Malazana;107059995]
Quote:
Originally Posted by javimix19 View Post

Yeah, I don't get this either. So there was enough money for Iberia to get the biggest motorway network this side of the ocean and for the construction of I don't know how many transalpine tunnels. I mean I know there is a crisis and money has to be cut, but I don't see any reciprocity in Western Europe. It's also another thing that our latest cabinets have been completely retarded. They could easily withdraw a one time big loan with the rates being so low in order to payout the billions they owe to private citizens and kick start a lot of important projects in infrastructure, education, and innovation.
Those western projects are not as reliant on EU money as the ones in the east (with exceptions). Transalpine tunnels are important for fast South to North international traffic across the mountains.

Anyway compared to 15 years ago there is a great progress in infrastructure, particularly roads, in the Eastern part of the EU. I haven't driven in Bulgaria, but certainly the case in Poland, Slovakia and Czech republic.

Also I agree that rail has been neglected so far and probably deserves extra funding. I hear quite a bit about development in Poland, but almost nothing about other countries east and south east of Germany. Not counting subways that is.
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2013, 03:19 PM   #5722
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

News:

Quote:
Construction Delayed for Lot 4 of Bulgaria's Struma Highway (source)
A section of Lot 4 of the Struma highway connecting the Bulgarian cities of Sandanski and Kulata will be inaugurated no earlier than July 2014, according to Bulgarian minister of Regional Development, Desislava Terzieva
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #5723
mman2012

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
News:
Wasn't this stretch of motorway quite advanced??
mman2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #5724
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo3o View Post
Yes, they will renovate some 30 km of A1 Trakia motorway next year. The section at Pazardzik is in a really bad condition. However, the speed limit is lowered to 120 km/h, not 100 km/h, as it's said in the news.
+4 bridges: 2 on Trakia motorway[A1] and 2 on Hemus motorway[A2]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mman2012 View Post
Wasn't this stretch of motorway quite advanced??
No. Work on embankments and rough construction of overpasses and underpasses is being carried out now.

There is some slim hope that a few km of Maritsa motorway[A4-new;A1-old] might open untill the end of the year
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #5725
PhirgataZFs1694

New border checkpoint between Bulgaria and Greece on the road Kardzhali - Komotini has 1100AADT.
Old September 30th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #5726
gogo3o
Bulgaria

Likes (Received): 13420

Bad news for Sofia ring road. A tender for 6 km section of the western arc was cancelled. CEO of the Roads Agency says that the section will be retendered, but IMHO they lack time for the procedure to take place and the contract cannot be signed before 31.12.2013, which is the deadline for the 2007-2013 EU funds period.
Old October 1st, 2013, 02:59 PM   #5727
vectom

Likes (Received): 967

although I used to drive on Bulgarian motorways and other roads, yesterday was the case of severe rain storms and me coming to Sofia and going back to Serbia, via Gradina/Kalotina.

Overall quality of the road between this border and Sofia is quite good, nothing to add here. What I noticed yesterday, due to really bad weather, is that this road urgently needs better signalization.

Seriously, I drove on this road for many times so far and even with taking that into account, I couldn't see where I'm going, where are the curves, if I'm following the right lane (on 2+2 section without central barrier), etc. There's no single catadiopter marker on the whole stretch. Water draining is quite poorly done, if it's done at all. Horizontal signalization should be replaced too, it's almost impossible to spot central lane color in such weather, and due to flooding of the edges of a road, edge lane line virtually doesn't exist.
I think that if I hadn't take this road before, I would be using navigation and drive not faster than 50 km/h.

Also, Slivnitza boulevard is in criminally bad conditions when it's raining, leaves bad impression to Sofia first timers I guess. Any announcements to reconstruct it?
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2013, 10:31 AM   #5728
gogo3o
Bulgaria

No plans for Slivnitsa blvd reconstruction, but the traffic lights intersection of Slivnitsa and the ring road will be upgraded to a grade-separated interchange in the next year.

And more bad news. CEO of Roads Agency says that another tender will be cancelled - for the 31 km section of Kalotina motorway b/n the border crossing to Serbia and the village of Herakovo.

MichiH liked this post
gogo3o está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2013, 12:50 PM   #5729
vectom

Likes (Received): 967

does that mean another tender procedure, or temporary cancelation of this motorway construction?

too bad if Kalotina - Sofia gets canceled, as Nis East - Gradina/Kalotina is progressing quite well except Pirot East - border section where works will probably be continued in mid 2014, but that part is completed for 45% at some points, to 89% at parts around Dimitrovgrad and before the border.
It could be just nice to have remaining ~45km of motorway until Sofia built in next 2-3 years as that will be the only missing part for a lot longer motorway network once works at Serbian side get done :/
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2013, 01:33 PM   #5730
gogo3o
Bulgaria

Another tender procedure and the financing is not secured.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 09:41 PM   #5731
gogo3o
Bulgaria

A3 Struma motorway, lot 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozi1989 View Post
Hello my bulgarian friends,
I took those photos on tuesday morning during my trip from sofia to thessaloniki!
1. During rain some excavators were working in 3-4 work sites
2. Lot of bulgarians and greeks go throught roadworks to Kulata!!! like me and avoid to go through deviation from petrich which is 20 min more trip!
3. Dont go through roadsworks if your car is not 4x4, very slippery road on wet soil!!!

MichiH liked this post
Old October 4th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #5732
gogo3o
Bulgaria

A4 Maritsa motorway, lot 2 (Haskovo - Harmanli)
Old October 8th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #5733
albertocsc
Translator and traveller

Likes (Received): 49

With the base of the Bulgarian Motorway map from Wikipedia, I have drawn the motorway/expressway network I would like to see in Bulgaria in the future ( 2060 horizon ), with some regular-road corridors.

What do you think about it? Is it feasible? Would it need any addition/deletion?

Old October 8th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #5734
PhirgataZFs1694

Looks very good! My 2060 map looks mas-o-menos the same.
Old October 17th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #5735
gogo3o
Bulgaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertocsc View Post
What do you think about it? Is it feasible? Would it need any addition/deletion?
Mountains will make construction expensive of some of these, but who knows - there are almost 50 years to 2060.

--

A4 Maritsa motorway update
lot 1 (Chirpan-Haskovo/Dimitrovgrad). Finally we can see the works resumed

lot 2 (Dimitrovgrad-Harmanli)

pics by API, resized by rockobarocko

Svilengrad bypass which is still half-profile.

Kapitan Andreevo interchange is almost ready

source: ogibo

MichiH liked this post
Old October 18th, 2013, 01:11 AM   #5736
pmalenkin

Likes (Received): 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertocsc View Post
With the base of the Bulgarian Motorway map from Wikipedia, I have drawn the motorway/expressway network I would like to see in Bulgaria in the future ( 2060 horizon ), with some regular-road corridors.

Jajaja muy bueno...

I would add motorways or expressways to Dobrich, and along the South Coast. Now, there is an expressway only from Burgas to Sozopol, but there are more cool places after it.
And of course, if by 2060 the crisis still persists in Spain, Spanish people emigrate to Bulgaria and Sofia is as big as Madrid now, maybe we will need C-40, C-45 and C-50 appart of the Sofia Ring-Road.
pmalenkin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #5737
albertocsc
Translator and traveller

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalenkin View Post
I would add motorways or expressways to Dobrich
The C9 north transversal expressway (Vidin to Albena or Durankulak) is on my 2100 plan
A C11 Shumen - Kardam [- Constanța] using II-27 and II-29 could be also be interesting.

Quote:
[...] and along the South Coast. Now, there is an expressway only from Burgas to Sozopol, but there are more cool places after it.
I didn't know that II-99, it looks nice, seems good for a Cherno More-south C12 or C99 up to Tsarevo, or if you can build a environment-friendly expressway, could be extended along III-9901 up to Turkey.

http://goo.gl/maps/W5Mwt

Quote:
And of course, if by 2060 the crisis still persists in Spain, Spanish people emigrate to Bulgaria and Sofia is as big as Madrid now, maybe we will need C-40, C-45 and C-50 appart of the Sofia Ring-Road.
My dad emigrated to Eastern Europe ten years ago, and now is teaching in a university not far from Bulgaria
Esperanza Aguirre is without job now, you Bulgarians can hire her so she will plan a really nice C-45 and pay the desorbitant shadow tolls with your taxes.

pmalenkin liked this post
albertocsc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #5738
PhirgataZFs1694

A very interesting report of rehabilitation of Gabrovo western(more appropriately "northern") bypass(1x2) between road I-5 and II-44 or Donino - Kievtsi. Two very important things to see in this report:
1. 30-40m tall bridge on Yantra river near Northern Industrial Zone.
2. You can witness laying of legendary "crappy" rocky asphalt mixture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapi View Post
Колеги, както обещах ето репортажа от неделното преминаване по участък 1 от Западния обходен път на Габрово от началото му до детелината на с. Поповци. Както споменаха обекта е пред финализиране предстоят малко довършителни дейности и полагане на маркировка.

Начало на етапа

Old October 24th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #5739
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Първия мост е изцяло ремонтиран липсва само част от мантинелите

Кръстовището до моста за Габрово е почти готово

Големият мост на Янтра е изцяло ремонтиран, само на някои места липсват мантинелите и капаците на отводнителните шахти

След моста се извършваше асфалтиране на банкетите (неделя 17:00!)

Old October 24th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #5740
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:

Нататък няма много за коментиране, всичко е финализирано без маркировката

Надясно е отбивката за Козирог/Габрово,

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia