daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 16th, 2007, 12:06 AM   #41
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1491 View Post
I heard the Vidin - Montana road is reconstructed, is that correct?
yes
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #42
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
But man, that´s the Hemus motorway, the tunnels and bridges are constructed more than ten years ago and look dated and not very modern, keep an eye at the new motorways, struma, maritsa and cherno more, they surely look extremly modern and shiny, at least the struma motorway does look extremly modern and shiny.
well, I cannot see from this distance if it is in good or bad condition. and 10 years isn't that much.
anyway, I hope somebody will make good photos of all bulgarian motorways because everybody are interested into it! perhaps you could when you'll travel first somewhere
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 04:37 PM   #43
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Quote:
this is the Hemus motorway, i don´t know how this tunnel is called, there are quite long tunnels there, there are quite long and high viaducts, one tunnel is called topli dol and another one is called vitinia as far as i know.

But man, that´s the Hemus motorway, the tunnels and bridges are constructed more than ten years ago and look dated and not very modern, keep an eye at the new motorways, struma, maritsa and cherno more, they surely look extremly modern and shiny, at least the struma motorway does look extremly modern and shiny.
Haha man, you're obsessed with the Struma Motorway but we're also interested in the old Bulgarian motorways, some people perhaps even more, since they've been open for a long time, but we still don't know much about them.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:50 PM   #44
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19421

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
can somebody bring out some information about tunnels on Bulgarian motorways? i only heard about tunnel Trajanova Vrata (how long it is? something about 1000 m) and i know for some tunnels at A2 between Gorno Kamavci and Botevgrad.
also, any kind of information about viaducts are welcome as well, too!

where is this and what are the names and lenghts of this tunnel and viaduct?

Wikipedia:

(виадукт „Бебреш“) is a girder bridge part of the Bulgarian Hemus (or A2) motorway, located in Vitinya Pass in Stara Planina 60 km east of Sofia, at 1,050 m above sea level. It was opened in 1985 and was designed by the team of D. Dragoev, P. Minchev and Y. Todorov of Moststroy AD.

The viaduct is 720 m long and has 12 spans 60 m each. Rising 120 m above the floor, it is also regarded as the highest bridge in the Balkans and Bulgaria, with the precast post-tensioned girders being produced at the place and special equipment being used for the assembly. The Bebresh Viaduct weighs 220 tons and is a favoured place for bungee jumping due to its height.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #45
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Haha man, you're obsessed with the Struma Motorway but we're also interested in the old Bulgarian motorways, some people perhaps even more, since they've been open for a long time, but we still don't know much about them.
Yes, because it has many bridges and generally is higher as the surrounded earth so you always think you travel high, i like this quite a lot. On pictures it can´t be seen but they built the middlecrashbarriers very interesting so that they are really interesting to look at while driving there and finally i like it because it looks extremly modern because it is so shiny, i am glad they use metal for crashbarriers and bridge balustrade instead of ugly concrete which gets quite common the last time i have noticed. To travel on that motorway reminds me of a game doom3 where it is also very modern and with lots of shiny metal.

(i am a bit crazy)
Old May 17th, 2007, 12:16 AM   #46
Verso
Islander

Quote:
(i am a bit crazy)
You sure are!

Btw, that viaduct is impressive, wow!
Old May 17th, 2007, 12:32 AM   #47
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Yeah, it's massive. And Bulgaria is beautiful. The Balkans and The former Yugoslavia is really a hidden treasure.

Many of the people in my country don't look further than France or Spain. But there is so much more to the southeast...
Old May 17th, 2007, 12:59 AM   #48
radi6404

Quote:
Yeah, it's massive. And Bulgaria is beautiful. The Balkans and The former Yugoslavia is really a hidden treasure.

Many of the people in my country don't look further than France or Spain. But there is so much more to the southeast...
Are you refering to the Balkan mountain or to Balkans in General, in bulgaria the balkan mountain is not the most impressive but the rila mountain which is very high and very steep at some places, it has deep valleys and an apline charakter, the balkan mountain does not have much of an alpine charakter.
Old May 17th, 2007, 01:13 AM   #49
ChrisZwolle
Road user

i mean the entire Balkan peninsula. But gentle slopes can be beautiful too. (like that picture of that bridge).

Macedonia, Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Montenegro etc. All very beautiful countries, but some are a bit underdeveloped, which scares the luxury minded lazy Western European holiday go-er i think.
Old May 17th, 2007, 02:29 AM   #50
Verso
Islander

^ Nah, those times are over I think; loads of "Westerners" go to crazy places on Earth, much more than the Balkans. I myself used to desire travelling to places like Cambodia, Uzbekistan, Libya, Myanmar, ... Slovenes are pretty crazy when it comes to things like this; now two Slovenians are trying to become the first people to criss-cross Greenland on foot. Not to mention the successful Amazon-swimmer Martin Strel...

Last edited by Verso; May 18th, 2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old May 17th, 2007, 08:27 PM   #51
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:

well, i can tell that they have discovered Croatia quite early there is a plenty of Dutch people here during the summer. unfortunately, they only like the sea, not the rest

tnx for information for Berbeš now i can sleep
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #52
radi6404

could someone else give his opinion on the bulgarian motorways or post pics of the maritsa or cherno more motorway, i am especially interested in the maritsa motorway as it leads through moutnainerous terrain as far as i know.
Old May 19th, 2007, 01:02 AM   #53
zzibit

Likes (Received): 318

Trakia Highway

zzibit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 01:15 AM   #54
zzibit

Likes (Received): 318

more of Hemus Highway running east-west between Sofia and Varna. all credit goes to http://www.pbase.com/ngruev/roads

zzibit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 01:38 AM   #55
radi6404

jees, it doesn´t look like that now, they renovated it.
Old May 19th, 2007, 02:12 PM   #56
pilotos
καταχωρημένος χρήστης

Likes (Received): 12

Ah nice if they did, cause the asphalt looked battered, from heavy use or just cause of the years passed, anyway nice pics, go get the new ones now
pilotos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 02:22 PM   #57
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotos View Post
Ah nice if they did, cause the asphalt looked battered, from heavy use or just cause of the years passed, anyway nice pics, go get the new ones now
I just can´t find pics of the maritsa motorway, i don´t know, it is very new and surely is kickass like the sruma motorway but i just can´t find pics.
Old May 19th, 2007, 05:50 PM   #58
Verso
Islander

^ Make them yourself. :P It'd be very nice to see Bulgarian highways with all that incredible mountainous surrounding!
Old May 19th, 2007, 07:12 PM   #59
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
^ Make them yourself. :P It'd be very nice to see Bulgarian highways with all that incredible mountainous surrounding!
The problem is that i (still) live in Germany because of my parents, but if everything will go well i will return to buglaria soon, anyway i am a native bulgarian and go to holiday ther very often, i lived in bulgaria for several years but than my parents moved to germany, now we are thinking of returning all, but if not i will try to return there and study in a university there. I´ve taken pics of the struma motorway but we have enough of them but if you want i can post my pics of taht motorway aswell.
Old May 20th, 2007, 02:59 PM   #60
Verso
Islander

^ If they contain any traffic signs, let nothing stop you!

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia