daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 2nd, 2015, 01:39 PM   #6341
gogo3o
Bulgaria

Likes (Received): 13431

A7 and Botevgrad-Vidin have not secured financing.

Part of the gap b/n Turkish and Serbian borders is also the Northern Sofia Bypass. Contract for construction was signed nearly a year ago, but works have not started yet due to expropriation problems.

And here are pics of the progress of Slivnitsa boulevard/Sofia ring road interchange, which will carry the traffic until A7 is built. location

by biser77

MichiH liked this post
gogo3o no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2015, 02:02 AM   #6342
aubergine72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophorus View Post

Undortunately there are no other border crossings nearby, are there any plans to open some more between Bulgaria and Serbia? I.e. like those "small" ones between Serbia and Hungary.
There are other border crossings and I think recently they started another one but they are very small and local and the roads that follow aren't great.

Understandably, it's much more important for Bulgaria to open new border crossings with Greece and Romania - two of its main trading partners than Serbia and FYROM, but even that isn't going as it should
aubergine72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 02:03 AM   #6343
aubergine72

Last edited by aubergine72; January 3rd, 2015 at 04:42 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 03:40 AM   #6344
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubergine72 View Post
It's less than 40 kms anyway. I don't think that would be a big obstacle. Plus, there are flights in the summer. But if they don't, I don't think it would be a huge loss.
Big number of Turkish families goes back to Turkey by car. Many of those families have more then 5 members so i don't think that is profitable for them to go by airplane.Imagine every summer those Turkish people wait 4 or 5 hours to enter Bulgaria ,so that leads to traffic jams and car crashes.I think that Bulgaria should build A7 as fastest possible because they can develop that areas and i think that EU will finance that project because on other side there is Serbia which is going thru massive development and it's going to become EU member in 2020
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 04:19 AM   #6345
aubergine72

Waiting on the border has nothing to do with that stretch from Kalotina to Sofia. It has to do with the external EU border with Serbia. In addition, their waiting time and experience is honestly not our problem. We're not here to accommodate them. Let's not forget that they're terrible drivers. If they don't like it they can go through FYROM and Greece.

By the way, those areas are very sparsely populated. There isn't much to develop. And again, it's a very short stretch, less than 40 km. Why is there so much drama about it? I understand that maybe for Serbia this connection is important (maybe to ensure that the traffic will go through Serbia and not Romania through Vidin, but there aren't any highways there either ), but for us we have other things to complete first. I would like to have as many km of highways as possible but we have yet to connect major cities within our country.

The last part of your sentence is very questionable. Serbia is not getting into the EU in 2020 and even if it were, that doesn't mean there will be a highway there. How many highways are there between Greece and Romania?

EDIT: When I mentioned flights, I meant from Belgrade to Varna

SRC_100 liked this post

Last edited by aubergine72; January 3rd, 2015 at 04:49 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 04:39 AM   #6346
aubergine72

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksandar_s View Post
Now they do, but will they when the Montenegro coast will be five hours from Belgrade?
By the way, as interesting fact, even for Sofia and much of Western Bulgaria the Adriatic coast is geographically closer than the Black sea, so imagine if there were highways East-West

And then, from Belgrade it's like twice the distance than to Montenegro. If they want to come, they will anyway no matter some short stretch which is not a highway. It's still a good road, not an off-road path.

Last edited by aubergine72; January 3rd, 2015 at 04:45 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 02:50 PM   #6347
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Serbia will enter EU in 2020.If you don't believe me that's you're problem.
Also i said waiting time on borders because that shows how much traffic uses that road.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 03:01 PM   #6348
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
Correct, it was announced to be the aim................

Quote:
Also i said waiting time on borders because that shows how much traffic uses that road.
Sorry, not at all. Waiting times depend on the number of custom officers, opened lanes, complexity of custom check and amount of traffic. If you would expand the checks - e.g. 10 minutes instead of 5 minutes per car -, waiting times would increase while the number of passing cars is the same.

definitivo liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 05:38 PM   #6349
aubergine72

Quote:
We'll see Everything is indicating the opposite though.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 06:39 PM   #6350
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubergine72 View Post
We'll see Everything is indicating the opposite though.
Not least the 5-year moratorium on even considering new members joining made last year.

Even if Serbia jumps through all the hoops that Brussels sets, I highly doubt that we'll see Serbia becoming a member within ten years due to the xenophobia of Eurocrats.
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 07:34 PM   #6351
aubergine72

Serbia itself isn't the most EU-oriented country to say the least. So, the phobia is mutual.

Anyway, this isn't the topic of the thread.
Old January 4th, 2015, 11:23 PM   #6352
Gubot

Likes (Received): 2286

Quote:
Big number of Turkish families goes back to Turkey by car. Many of those families have more then 5 members so i don't think that is profitable for them to go by airplane.Imagine every summer those Turkish people wait 4 or 5 hours to enter Bulgaria ,so that leads to traffic jams and car crashes.I think that Bulgaria should build A7 as fastest possible because they can develop that areas and i think that EU will finance that project because on other side there is Serbia which is going thru massive development and it's going to become EU member in 2020
I do agree with you that this section is a must-have, but it does have a low AADT and it is 2x2 between Sofia and Slivnitsa. Moreover, there are many more deadly sections in Bulgaria with higher AADT. However it will eventually be converted into a motorway. My hopes are on CEF instrument and completion of A4 in Serbia and Belgrade's bypass.
Don't mind aubergine72 - he is from Varna and is pushing for connections from his city towards the rest of the country.
Old January 4th, 2015, 11:28 PM   #6353
aubergine72

I'm not from Varna. And what a stupid last sentence. No, it's Sofians that push for Sofia to be connected to Sydney and Vancouver with a highway thinking they're the only inhabited place in the country.
Old January 4th, 2015, 11:41 PM   #6354
Gubot

Likes (Received): 2286

If there is more traffic from Sofia to Sydney than from Ruse to Varna, what an irrational person would blame us?
Gubot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2015, 01:31 AM   #6355
aubergine72

There isn't though.
Old January 5th, 2015, 03:39 PM   #6356
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Whether Serbia joins the EU or not is irrelevant. Serbia is clearly back where it was from the 1960s to the 1990s as the main transit route through the Balkans and now with a road network designed to fulfil that role adequately after a lost decade in the 1990s. The main route from Europe to the Near East will be Budapest/Zagreb > Belgrade > Nis > Sofia > Istanbul.

Both Bulgaria and Serbia will be on that prime trade route. Romania certainly will not complete a through road route to a high standard before 2020 as there is still no clear plan to cross the carpathians or to follow the Danube from Timisoara to Calafat.

Serbia will complete its through route by 2018 latest (maybe even 2017) and Bulgaria probably will before 2020 as the stretch from Sofia East to Dimitrovgrad ( Serbia) is the only one not under construction or built. Don't forget that Istanbul itself will be bypassed to the North by 2017 as well across that massive third Bosphoros bridge now under construction and that travel from Turkey to Europe will be much easier once you do not have to transit Istanbul any longer.

aleksandar_s liked this post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2015, 04:14 PM   #6357
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubot View Post
Don't mind aubergine72 - he is from Varna and is pushing for connections from his city towards the rest of the country.
Capt.Vimes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2015, 07:37 PM   #6358
aubergine72

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
We said already that this will be built eventually. All the Serbs can unclench their intestines. How annoying!

I just said that there are more important things than this stretch and this is already demonstrated by what's been planned and being built, no matter if Serbia completed it tomorrow. End of discussion.

MichiH liked this post
Old January 5th, 2015, 09:38 PM   #6359
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

http://www.focus-fen.net/news/2015/0...-minister.html

Quote:
Bulgaria to build 120 km of new motorways, 340 km of roads in 2015

”We will build 120 kilometres of new motorways and 340 kilometres of roads,” said Lilyana Pavlova, Bulgarian Minister of Regional Development and Public Works, speaking on Monday for the morning programme of bTV.
”The mission is possible, I have made calculations we could have up to 140 kilometres of newly-built motorways – separate Lots of motorways. A completely built Maritsa motorway and the sections under construction along the Struma motorway,” Ms Pavlova stated.
Besides the construction of the roads, the minister assured they would be responsible for cleaning them in wintry conditions.
?: Kakach river – Lyulin (A6) 3.0 km (September 2012 to March 2015 ) – project – map
A4: Svilengrad bypass 8.9km (Spring 2011 to Spring 2015) [2nd c/w] – ? – map
A4: Dimitrovgrad – Harmanli 34.2km (July 2011 to June 2015) – project – map
A4: Chirpan – Dimitrovgrad 31.4km (October 2011 to July 2015) – project – map
A2: Panayot Volovo – Belokopitovo 4.9km (August 2013 to August 2015) – ? – map
A3: Dupnitsa – Blagoevgrad 37.0km (July 2013 to October 2015) – project – map
I-1: Montana bypass 12.5km (September 2013 to 2015) – project – map
A3: Sandanski – Kulata 15.0km (April 2012 to >= 2015) [contract canceled] – project – map

I have made calculations we could have up to 134.4 kilometres of newly-built motorways

Why does the article quote 120km in the headline? Has she promised to open minimum 120km, maximum 140km?

aubergine72 liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2015, 01:47 AM   #6360
aubergine72

More like math isn't her forte.

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia