daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 12th, 2007, 10:00 PM   #641
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
150 on a one lane road is just nuts, you will be killed in a crash with another car. Combined speed is over 240km/h then.

Do you have pictures of the Sofia ringroad?
No, I don´t, the ringroad is just being expanded to a ringroad motorway, well without emergency lanes but who cares, it´s aktually closed and traffic has to go through the town
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #642
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
They drive 200 km and mroe on the E79 which you know isn´t a motorway on many sections still, crash usually don´happen because of hgih speed in bulgaria but because of mistakes of the drivers. unfortunately we have a lot of accidents in Bulgaria.
youtube has plenty of nasty accidents in Bulgaria. Mind you eastern europe is pretty well represented generally in that category.
KIWIKAAS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 10:32 PM   #643
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIWIKAAS View Post
youtube has plenty of nasty accidents in Bulgaria. Mind you eastern europe is pretty well represented generally in that category.
Yeah too bad, it looks like a lot of people there aren't mature enough to handle high-speed roads.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 11:30 PM   #644
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
They drive 200 km and mroe on the E79 which you know isn´t a motorway on many sections still, crash usually don´happen because of hgih speed in bulgaria but because of mistakes of the drivers. unfortunately we have a lot of accidents in Bulgaria.
i wanted to visit Bulgaria, but after this i'll think well about it. maybe a train or something. btw, what is high speeding if not a driver's mistake?
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 11:32 PM   #645
ADCS
Kickin' it

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
Yeah too bad, it looks like a lot of people there aren't mature enough to handle high-speed roads.
The alcoholism rate could also be a major factor in these accidents.
ADCS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 11:37 PM   #646
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
i wanted to visit Bulgaria, but after this i'll think well about it. maybe a train or something. btw, what is high speeding if not a driver's mistake?
Well not everyone drives 100 on the twolaned national roads but there are some, nothing will happen man, there´s little traffic on our nationalroads, you saw how it is on the Struma motorway, it´s like that everywhere, go there and see the roads man, they are worth seeing. Ofcourse they drive 100 only on very long straight sections not on curvy sections without good sight and so on, noone is so ill.
Old November 12th, 2007, 11:45 PM   #647
x-type
con los terroristas

100 is not problem, but you've mentioned 150 or 200, and i really don't want even meet something like this. it's just too hard for me and i haven't got used to it.
Old November 12th, 2007, 11:58 PM   #648
radi6404

Quote:
100 is not problem, but you've mentioned 150 or 200, and i really don't want even meet something like this. it's just too hard for me and i haven't got used to it.
welll, I am sure even in Croatia village people drive very fast if they get fast cars like Porsches, fast Mercedes and so on, even not on the motorways, the village people want show their "driving skills" to the girls they have inside their car, so they risk the life of them and also of their girlfriends by driving that fast.
Old November 13th, 2007, 12:55 AM   #649
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 750

this is very messy indeed

edit: a bit too graphic. Hope I did'nt offend

Last edited by KIWIKAAS; November 13th, 2007 at 07:25 PM.
KIWIKAAS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 12:58 AM   #650
radi6404

Trafficjam on the awesome Struma motorway

The metal of the crashbarriers looks more like some stylish metal for stairsbalustrade than for example croatian or german crashbarriers metal, and I mean it serious, the working quality there just looks unnaturally, they worked as if they are building a house, not a motorway where noone cares about the details on the markings and crashbarriers. the 90 sign has been replaced by 120 km sign

Last edited by radi6404; November 13th, 2007 at 01:08 AM.
Old November 13th, 2007, 01:14 AM   #651
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8789

Wow Kaas, that is a really impressive smash indeed... Did I see right and see that there was a body still in the road there?! How disgusting...

Also Radi - those crash barriers look no different to the crash barriers that Britain has on its A roads let alone on it's M roads.
Svartmetall está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:09 AM   #652
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
welll, I am sure even in Croatia village people drive very fast if they get fast cars like Porsches, fast Mercedes and so on, even not on the motorways, the village people want show their "driving skills" to the girls they have inside their car, so they risk the life of them and also of their girlfriends by driving that fast.
well, i have never seen anybody with more then 130 at normal roads. and i don't want to. now you really scared me of driving.
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:49 AM   #653
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2533

That was pretty insane crash. IMO it was in higher speed than 130. Maybe they should show such pictures to those who are driving on highways like it's a runway.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 03:40 AM   #654
ADCS
Kickin' it

That video definitely shows why concrete crashbarriers are the standard nowadays.
Old November 13th, 2007, 04:46 AM   #655
SmarterChild

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
well, i have never seen anybody with more then 130 at normal roads. and i don't want to. now you really scared me of driving.
There's actually a normal national road in Luxembourg with speed limit 160.

Last edited by SmarterChild; November 13th, 2007 at 04:56 AM.
SmarterChild no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 06:34 AM   #656
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8789

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADCS View Post
That video definitely shows why concrete crashbarriers are the standard nowadays.
The standard, in certain parts of the world. I note that the UK still uses metal crash barriers on the whole.

There are pros and cons to both metal barriers and concrete barriers and this has been deliberated to death in many different threads.
Svartmetall está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 07:20 AM   #657
ADCS
Kickin' it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
The standard, in certain parts of the world. I note that the UK still uses metal crash barriers on the whole.

There are pros and cons to both metal barriers and concrete barriers and this has been deliberated to death in many different threads.
I'm aware of that. Just making a point.
Old November 13th, 2007, 09:08 AM   #658
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

That's why Italian autostrada middle metal barriers are much much stronger than let say Bulgarian one.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 09:37 AM   #659
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
The metal of the crashbarriers looks more like some stylish metal for stairsbalustrade than for example croatian or german crashbarriers metal, and I mean it serious, the working quality there just looks unnaturally, they worked as if they are building a house, not a motorway where noone cares about the details on the markings and crashbarriers.

KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:12 PM   #660
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
That's why Italian autostrada middle metal barriers are much much stronger than let say Bulgarian one.
don´t make me laugh man, these are old crashbarriers, do you think anyone could crash through the struma motorway crashbarriers. Btw, friday i´m going to Sofia finally, I can aktually see the awesome roads again, I am really looking forword to it.

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia