daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 25th, 2016, 12:56 AM   #7021
SuperXerxes77

Likes (Received): 372

Well, I would say this is great news, friends! Full speed to Greece! LOL
So, Bucharest 0 - Sofia 1. Congrats! And thanks for the detailed information.

Off-topic: I'm hoping to return to Дюни some day (been there in 2009), but only after they clear their recently acquired bad reputation.

Gubot liked this post
SuperXerxes77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2016, 01:17 AM   #7022
Tachi

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I think Speed w/o "y".

I'm not a grammar expert, but I think I have to agree with you. The noun is skorost meaning velocity or speed. To me it sounds a bit strange that the tangent itself is speedy and not the motorists driving on the tangent.
Tachi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2016, 01:35 AM   #7023
Alpin
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperXerxes77 View Post
So, Bucharest 0 - Sofia 1.
Here is the replay:

Alpin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2016, 09:38 AM   #7024
teddyted

Likes (Received): 12

Acording this news:
Agency Road Infrastructure (ARI) will inform the Romanian tourists about the repairs of Asparuhov Bridge in coastal Varna, so that they will be redirected to roundabouts to go to the southern sea resorts for the Easter holidays. That is what Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova said in Varna, a reporter of Radio FOCUS announced.
She said that all the necessary materials and maps have been prepared. More than 100,000 Romanians will celebrate Easter in Bulgaria. Tourists will have to use alternative routes due to the repairs of Asparuhov Bridge.
Minister Angelkova pointed out that the Romanian Ministry of Economy and Tourism has already been informed about the problem and all major Bulgarian and Romanian travel agencies that operate on our market were also informed.

does anyone know which "alternative routes" -coming from Burgas to Varna on A5- Minister Angelkova is talking about?

source

Gubot liked this post
teddyted no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2016, 10:11 AM   #7025
gogo3o
Bulgaria

Likes (Received): 13421

API has published these maps with alternative routes for Romanian tourists:

source (in Bulgarian only, it's strange that this press release does not have a version in English...)

rookie05, Gubot liked this post
gogo3o no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2016, 10:19 AM   #7026
gogo3o
Bulgaria

Here's a video of the reconstruction of the viaduct at Varna (and the traffic jam)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobi_varna View Post

rookie05, koko_vp, Gubot, teddyted, Vladk0 and 1 others liked this post
Old April 25th, 2016, 10:50 AM   #7027
teddyted

Likes (Received): 12

May God help those who pass through the area!

Thanks, gogo3o!
teddyted no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2016, 01:39 PM   #7028
rookie05
Любопитен

Likes (Received): 2787

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo3o View Post
source (in Bulgarian only, it's strange that this press release does not have a version in English...)
Actually it has.

The Road Infrastructure Agency Proposes Alternative Routes to Romanian Tourists, Travelling to Varna and Burgas during the Forthcoming Holidays

Quote:
The Road Infrastructure Agency recommends alternative routes to Romanian tourists travelling to the Black Sea resorts during the forthcoming Easter and St. George holidays. The map with the routes is prepared in relation to the ongoing repair of Asparuhov Bridge in the town of Varna and the purpose is to provide seamless movement of the guests of the country.

The Road Infrastructure Agency proposes to Romanian citizens entering the country at the BCCPs at Ruse, Silistra, Kardam and Durankulak and travelling to Varna and Burgas and the Black Sea resorts, the following routes:
For the resorts at the Southern Black Sea coast:
• Ruse – Razgrad – Shumen – Smyadovo – Karnobat – Aytos – Miroliubovo – Kableshkovo – Tankovo – Slanchev Bryag;
• Silistra – Alfatar – Venets – Shumen – Smyadovo – Karnobat – Aytos – Miroliubovo – Kableshkovo – Tankovo – Slanchev Bryag;
• Silistra – Dobrich – Aksakovo – Devnya – Sindel – Dolni Chiflik – Staro Oryahovo – Byala – Slanchev Bryag;
• Kardam – Dobrich – Aksakovo – Devnya – Sindel – Dolni Chiflik – Staro Oryahovo – Byala – Slanchev Bryag;
• Durankulak – Balchik – Obrochishte – Kumanovo – Aksakovo – Devnya – Sindel – Dolni Chiflik – Staro Oryahovo – Byala – Slanchev Bryag.

Jointly with the municipality of Varna and the Regional Governor of Varna the Road Infrastructure Agency has prepared leaflets with maps of the bypass routes and precise GPS coordinates of the starting points, which could be placed in the navigation systems. The leaflets will be afforded at all BCCPs and the tourists will have the information upon entering the country.
The bypass routes and precise GPS coordinates are published in the website of the Road Infrastructure Agency.

The Road Infrastructure Agency recommends motorists to drive carefully and at reasonable speeds, observing road signs and the instructions of the patrols of Traffic Police.

All citizens and transport companies can obtain information about current road conditions by the free mobile application LIMA, from RIA's website at www.api.bg and at any time of the day from RIA's phone: 0700 130 20. The Situation Centre within the Agency, working year-round in 24-hour mode, collects and summarizes data on the current condition of the national road network.

gogo3o, teddyted, Gubot liked this post
rookie05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2016, 10:25 PM   #7029
SuperXerxes77

Likes (Received): 372

Be ready, we're coming! LOL

Not that I care much, since I do not meet the "requirements" but is anybody going to do something about car thefts? Tourism needs people with lots of $$$, and these people love to show off, by going on vacation with their expensive cars. But if they keep having their cars stolen, they will avoid Bulgaria.

Ionuty liked this post
SuperXerxes77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2016, 11:25 PM   #7030
aubergine72

Someone has been reading too much Romanian propaganda.
Old April 26th, 2016, 11:51 AM   #7031
Stelian

Likes (Received): 1493

there will be no strike

Gubot liked this post
Stelian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2016, 04:09 PM   #7032
Stelian

Likes (Received): 1493

the SNST is open for traffic )

Old April 28th, 2016, 10:44 PM   #7033
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
28 April 2016

The western segment of the Sofia Northern Bypass (severnata skorostna tangenta / северната скоростна тангента) opened to traffic today. It is officially a 3 kilometer segment, but in reality appears to be closer to 5 km.

http://www.investor.bg/ikonomika-i-p...ijenie-216011/
I think it's not the western segment but the middle segment which really has a lenghts of about 3km. The westernmost 2.5km segment is in service since December.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

Gubot, gr_kanev liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2016, 11:51 PM   #7034
Tachi

Likes (Received): 19

Is it completely open? What will happen on 30 December between Botevgrad road and N. Mihailov boulevard?
Did not get the article fully. Bulgarian is not my native tongue. Little summary would be nice.
Tachi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2016, 08:54 AM   #7035
satanism

Likes (Received): 5490

Yes, it's open end to end. on 30th of December it already happened.... two sections opened, the adjoining part was still UC
6. да управлява велосипед по площите, предназначени за движение само на пешеходци. Тази забрана не се отнася за децата велосипедисти.
satanism no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2016, 01:03 PM   #7036
Gubot

Likes (Received): 2277

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
So there are 2 bypasses in the north of Sofia? And both will be 2x2 soon? Will A1 be reachable from A6 on motorway?
We will soon have a full motorway(2x3+2x2, 2x2+e, 2x3+e) with multilevel junctions all the way from A6 to A1. However default speed limit(140) will apply only on a few sections. Most others will get 80, 120 and 90 for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr_kanev View Post
Northern Speedy Tangent will be even 2x3 in some parts. But Northern Bypass (Ring Road) remains 1x2.
The whole Northern Speed(y) Tangent is now 2x3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
What will happen on 30 December between Botevgrad road and N. Mihailov boulevard?
On 30th December 2015 the section you mentioned opened together with a II-18 near Mramor - bul Rozhen section.
Gubot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2016, 07:35 AM   #7037
gogo3o
Bulgaria

SNST
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmine View Post
Първите видео клипове на цялото трасе:

Стараех се да поддържам 120 км/ч през цялото трасе.

dcr965, cassini83 liked this post
Old April 30th, 2016, 06:55 PM   #7038
gogo3o
Bulgaria

And another one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyvolt View Post

AlexisMD, dawid_silesia, Stelian liked this post
Old April 30th, 2016, 07:04 PM   #7039
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Cool interchange at the beginning of the video. Is it a temporary solution only? Will the ramps be removed once the large interchange east of there will be completed?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2016, 08:35 PM   #7040
gogo3o
Bulgaria

Do you mean the Rozhen I/C (@1:20 min)? The municipality plans to build a new boulevard to the interchange, but I doubt that this will happen in the next years, as the project will face expropriation issues. Here's the plan:

MichiH liked this post

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia