daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 18th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #741
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
You guys are really dumb, you only notice the bad things, don´t you notice the great asphalt, the great markings and so on, come on, as if on Croatian motorways which you praise there isn´t dust. I know that on the whole two hudret kilometer long E-79 there´s no one single bump that makes the things in your car shake or make a noise, altough the road leads through mountainous terrain, in other countries there aren´t many roads which hodl such a good quality for so long but yeah, move ti to crappy motorways and lie yourself.
You said, that you noticed bumps over bridges. As there are no long bridges, I wonder, how on new perfect motorway you can feel bumps on short bridges?

Also, bumps don't have any connection to surrounding terrain. Hills or plains, it doesn't matter.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2007, 07:31 PM   #742
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Not bumps but just not 100 percent even road, bumps are nowhere, and what do you want I don´t get, the roads are extremly smooth, you don´t feel anything even on old buses so what do you want.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 08:05 PM   #743
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19383

Ofcourse there are no bumps, it would be rather weird on a brand new motorway.

However, a 2x2 road in my city (not a motorway) has been repaved lately, but it has been done terrible, very uneven, if you drive the speed limit (70km/h) it feels like you have a flat tire. It isn't bumpy, but it's just not smooth.

Cheap is not always the best...
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 09:41 PM   #744
radi6404

and guys, I don´t think crappy motorways have great markings, great signs, great asphalt and reflective things between the middlecrashbarriers, I aktually thing no motorway has reflective things in the middle of the motorway, I don´t mean the red things sticked to the crashbarriers but other extra things which reflect in red, similar to airport runways.
Old November 18th, 2007, 09:54 PM   #745
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
and guys, I don´t think crappy motorways have great markings, great signs, great asphalt and reflective things between the middlecrashbarriers
Please replace the word "Great" with the word "Regular". The stuff you showed us is nothing different from other new motorways around the globe.

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; November 18th, 2007 at 10:12 PM.
Old November 18th, 2007, 10:10 PM   #746
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 751

Quote:
I aktually thing no motorway has reflective things in the middle of the motorway, I don´t mean the red things sticked to the crashbarriers but other extra things which reflect in red, similar to airport runways.
what's so special about reflectors? They may not be used much where you've been but in many countries reflectors (cats eyes) are very widely used. Far more than anything you've shown. I don't see anything remarkable about the Struma. And that exit does not look like something on a new motorway. It looks like a typical, cheapo, 1950's job.
KIWIKAAS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 10:17 PM   #747
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIWIKAAS View Post
what's so special about reflectors? They may not be used much where you've been but in many countries reflectors (cats eyes) are very widely used. Far more than anything you've shown. I don't see anything remarkable about the Struma. And that exit does not look like something on a new motorway. It looks like a typical, cheapo, 1950's job.
I might go to Sofia again in a week so be careful, I will take my camera and focus on the exits, I will take pics of the best exits with two exitlanes leaving the motorway, than you´ll see.
Old November 18th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #748
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

New pictures, great! More Struma pics are always welcome!

BTW, most Italian roads (not only motorways, but regular national roads - at least in the northern part of the country ) also have markings and reflectors that resemble an airport runway.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 10:34 PM   #749
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
New pictures, great! More Struma pics are always welcome!

BTW, most Italian roads (not only motorways, but regular national roads - at least in the northern part of the country ) also have markings and reflectors that resemble an airport runway.
Maybe but italy is a rich coutry and for Bulgaria it´s something innovative because look, Germany, Hungary, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia and so on don´t have them.
Old November 18th, 2007, 10:47 PM   #750
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Make some pics of the signage too! And distance signs, i always love those
Old November 18th, 2007, 10:49 PM   #751
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
Make some pics of the signage too! And distance signs, i always love those
havn´t you seen the distancesign which says Sofia?
Old November 18th, 2007, 11:04 PM   #752
ChrisZwolle
Road user

You mean this one? No i meant like those German ones which shows the distance to the next few cities.
Old November 18th, 2007, 11:05 PM   #753
keber

Quote:
Maybe but italy is a rich coutry and for Bulgaria it´s something innovative because look, Germany, Hungary, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia and so on don´t have them.
Oh, they do have all.
Old November 18th, 2007, 11:18 PM   #754
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Oh, they do have all.
than you don´t have a clue at all about what I´m taling because you have never ever seen the things I´m talking about in your whole life.
Old November 18th, 2007, 11:35 PM   #755
KIWIKAAS

you're talking about ''cats eyes'' on the road right?
If that's the case then you're right that most european countries don't have them
Generally in countries/ regions where they need to plough snow the winter they don't use them.
Old November 18th, 2007, 11:39 PM   #756
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Germany, Hungary, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia and so on don´t have them.
??????

not only cat lights, but LED lights! this is pic from webcam from croatian A6 where you can see it when the night falls

btw, i don't have time for screenshot right now, so this photo will be changed during the day automaticly, you can se LEDs in the night

Last edited by x-type; November 18th, 2007 at 11:44 PM.
x-type está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 11:42 PM   #757
keber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIWIKAAS View Post

If that's the case then you're right that most european countries don't have them
Yes, but neither has them Struma motorway. He talks about reflective things on crashbarriers. Those are cat eyes on them. And they are present everywhere in Europe and beyond.

If radi talks about cat eyes on road markings, then I'm mistaken. But cat eyes were not seen yet on any of photos of that gorgeous motorway.
Old November 18th, 2007, 11:55 PM   #758
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Yes, but neither has them Struma motorway. He talks about reflective things on crashbarriers. Those are cat eyes on them. And they are present everywhere in Europe and beyond.

If radi talks about cat eyes on road markings, then I'm mistaken. But cat eyes were not seen yet on any of photos of that gorgeous motorway.
No, I´m talking about stuff similar to what x-type showed, just that they are between the two middlecrashbarriers.

They look somehow like this and reflect in red, the reflective things on crashbarriers have the smallest countryroads, even.
Old November 18th, 2007, 11:57 PM   #759
KIWIKAAS

Yeah. I did'nt see any catseyes on the road either. Gets a bit confusing with all these amazing features on the Struma. Can you follow it? I can't
Old November 19th, 2007, 12:08 AM   #760
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

what would actually be the right purpose of cat eyes between crash barriers and why are they more advanced than those integrated to crashbarriers?
x-type está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia