daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 20th, 2007, 03:39 PM   #61
radi6404
Registered User
 
radi6404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blagoevgrad/ Nürtingen
Posts: 3,054
Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
^ If they contain any traffic signs, let nothing stop you!
I don´t get you exactly, verso.

Here´s a pic of the very new Maritsa motorway to the turkey border:



I don´t quite like the design of that motorway, it´s boring.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2007, 03:48 PM   #62
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,595
Likes (Received): 19389

it looks modern and good.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:04 PM   #63
radi6404
Registered User
 
radi6404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blagoevgrad/ Nürtingen
Posts: 3,054
Likes (Received): 27

Bgrs, i am waiting for Hemus motorway pics?
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #64
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,595
Likes (Received): 19389

posted in the Eastern Europe forum;

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue79 View Post
Few pics of Trakia highway from my short trip to Plovdiv.When I have some spare time I'll upload and post more pics













Some crapy asphalt




Sofia in the distance


ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #65
3tmk
Rusty Robot
 
3tmk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Floor 7½
Posts: 10,723

I don't understand what some dutch guy cares so much about Bulgarian highways?
__________________
3tmk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #66
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,595
Likes (Received): 19389

because it is interesting. I am interested in all motorways around the world. Everyone it's own hobby eh.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 06:22 PM   #67
radi6404
Registered User
 
radi6404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blagoevgrad/ Nürtingen
Posts: 3,054
Likes (Received): 27

funny it´s your hobby, to me it´s not my hobby but i quite like to drive on new shiny motorways, does anyone have a pic of the tunnel of the trakya motorway? And bgrs, you told in the other thread bulgaria did not build struma motorway becase of corruption, don´t you know EU did not give money to build the Struma motorway? It would be ready or it would be to Sandanski or Kresna if EU had given money by time, they are ready to give money now but they were not ready give it back in 2002 or so. I can pick out link where you can see this, all people in Bulgaria are complaining about that Struma motorway not build fast enough but they don´t ´know the facts.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #68
3tmk
Rusty Robot
 
3tmk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Floor 7½
Posts: 10,723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1491 View Post
because it is interesting. I am interested in all motorways around the world. Everyone it's own hobby eh.
yes I understand people have hobbies (between skyscrapers or highways, they're both equally bizarre to others), but to create a whole thread dedicated to Bulgarian highways seems strange to me. I understand some countries have awesome highways, with scenery and everything, but in Bulgarian highways, the little that there is, are rather boring
__________________
3tmk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 01:04 AM   #69
wyqtor
Coexist
 
wyqtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,129
Likes (Received): 2

Well, actually I think the A2 is a very interesting motorway, and very picturesque also, with tunnels and viaducts. It reminded me a lot of Austrian motorways when I traveled on it back in 2004... Well, almost: the asphalt was very bad...

Anyway, it's a very great thing that Bulgaria built even those few motorway sections, and now the Struma Motorway - the investment should definitely pay off, in terms of environment and traffic fluidity. To the north, in Romania, our 2-laned "national roads" are now jam-packed with cars and trucks (not to mention the occasional horse-drawn cart or tractor), because our politicians were (and maybe still are) too stupid to see the importance of building a decent motorway system (or any motorway section at all for 10 straight years, for that matter).

Someone on this thread said that, ironically, Ruse is only connected to a foreign capital (Bucharest) via 4-lane road, and not to Sofia. Well, here in western Romania, my hometown is (almost) connected to Budapest by the M5 motorway (which is some 50 km away, near Szeged). In order to get to Bucharest, however, we have to drive some 500 km on crappy 2-lane roads that enter every god-forsaken village along the way.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #70
radi6404
Registered User
 
radi6404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blagoevgrad/ Nürtingen
Posts: 3,054
Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
Well, actually I think the A2 is a very interesting motorway, and very picturesque also, with tunnels and viaducts. It reminded me a lot of Austrian motorways when I traveled on it back in 2004... Well, almost: the asphalt was very bad...

Anyway, it's a very great thing that Bulgaria built even those few motorway sections, and now the Struma Motorway - the investment should definitely pay off, in terms of environment and traffic fluidity. To the north, in Romania, our 2-laned "national roads" are now jam-packed with cars and trucks (not to mention the occasional horse-drawn cart or tractor), because our politicians were (and maybe still are) too stupid to see the importance of building a decent motorway system (or any motorway section at all for 10 straight years, for that matter).

Someone on this thread said that, ironically, Ruse is only connected to a foreign capital (Bucharest) via 4-lane road, and not to Sofia. Well, here in western Romania, my hometown is (almost) connected to Budapest by the M5 motorway (which is some 50 km away, near Szeged). In order to get to Bucharest, however, we have to drive some 500 km on crappy 2-lane roads that enter every god-forsaken village along the way.
Struma motorway will be the best and most picturesque motorway in whole Bulgaria, you will see the only really high Bulgarian mountains there and the quality will kick ass, i was blown away when i first travelled on. They worked extremly good and now it looks really modern, it also will have many bridges but Tunnels i don´t know, it won´t have that many but it still willbe a great motorway.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 01:52 PM   #71
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,595
Likes (Received): 19389

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tmk View Post
yes I understand people have hobbies (between skyscrapers or highways, they're both equally bizarre to others), but to create a whole thread dedicated to Bulgarian highways seems strange to me. I understand some countries have awesome highways, with scenery and everything, but in Bulgarian highways, the little that there is, are rather boring
Take a look here We have threads about virtually any country of the world. Much more extensive than on the SSC section.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 03:44 PM   #72
radi6404
Registered User
 
radi6404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blagoevgrad/ Nürtingen
Posts: 3,054
Likes (Received): 27

Yeah Chris, there´s not much acivity, jsut a few fans etc post motorways and taht´s all, we sometimes have like 2 posts a day in this section. I think chris starte dthis thread because he saw me posting pics of the new Struma motorway and so he wanted see how other motorways in Bulgaria look like.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:39 AM   #73
pilotos
καταχωρημένος χρήστης
 
pilotos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Larisa
Posts: 1,704
Likes (Received): 12

I have a question, about crash barriers, as i see in the above pics, in most of them the barrier is only placed in the center to divide the two lanes, but isn't there a barrier always placed in the right of the road as well? or is it just an old motorway that doesn't have em?
pilotos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 12:07 PM   #74
radi6404
Registered User
 
radi6404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blagoevgrad/ Nürtingen
Posts: 3,054
Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotos View Post
I have a question, about crash barriers, as i see in the above pics, in most of them the barrier is only placed in the center to divide the two lanes, but isn't there a barrier always placed in the right of the road as well? or is it just an old motorway that doesn't have em?
The barriers of right and left side are only placed when it is dangerous and goes down at the side. You can see that on the Slovenian motorways aswell. Chris you are crazy, i saw you talking and posting pics of this thread in the netherlands snellwegen or how it was forum. but it´s good, you know more about Bulgarian motorways as some stupid Bulgarian kids.

Last edited by radi6404; May 31st, 2007 at 01:01 PM.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:00 PM   #75
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,595
Likes (Received): 19389



Quote:
have a question, about crash barriers, as i see in the above pics, in most of them the barrier is only placed in the center to divide the two lanes, but isn't there a barrier always placed in the right of the road as well? or is it just an old motorway that doesn't have em?
We have a lot of motorway which don't have barriers on both sides, because there is often enough space. I even favor motorways with no barriers on the right side, so you can park your car there if there is a breakdown. (parking on the emergency lane is extremely dangerous with our load of traffic on the roads).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 11:02 PM   #76
radi6404
Registered User
 
radi6404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blagoevgrad/ Nürtingen
Posts: 3,054
Likes (Received): 27

There are new pics from bgrs, he surely will post them soon here, he made pics of the Hemus motorway and as i thought it is not very good, asphalt is new, tunnels are renovated but taths´all, crashbarriers are very rusty, emergency lame is white and also dirty etc etc.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 11:39 PM   #77
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,595
Likes (Received): 19389

as long as the signage and asphalt is okay, it's no problem to travel a motorway. I wouldn't care about the crash barrier too much. In Belgium, everything is rusty too. Bulgaria probably has better motorways than Belgium has a few years ago. Everything was crap there.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007, 12:14 AM   #78
radi6404
Registered User
 
radi6404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blagoevgrad/ Nürtingen
Posts: 3,054
Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1491 View Post
as long as the signage and asphalt is okay, it's no problem to travel a motorway. I wouldn't care about the crash barrier too much. In Belgium, everything is rusty too. Bulgaria probably has better motorways than Belgium has a few years ago. Everything was crap there.
It is correct man but i like more to travel on a modern even futuristic looking motorway than to travel on a rusty shit.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007, 12:32 AM   #79
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,595
Likes (Received): 19389

This is how the Belgium E25 looks:

[IMG]http://i16.************/68i4zz6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i10.************/4m81lwz.jpg[/IMG]

Pretty shitty, i can tell you. Much of the Belgium road network used to be in this condition until like 4 years ago, when they start rebuilding their road network. However, in the Wallonia region, most local roads are still filled with potholes.

So don't worry that there are bad roads in Bulgaria, they will be reconstructed someday.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007, 01:18 AM   #80
radi6404
Registered User
 
radi6404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blagoevgrad/ Nürtingen
Posts: 3,054
Likes (Received): 27

Chris i vorry that we still have noone single mootrway which connects one border with the other border like any civilazed counry should have, we have no motorway serbia greece and no motorway serbia turkey, we also don´t have motorway to Romania, how is this possible? Thisi is ******* awful and i know they can construct motorways, i saw it myself, the struma is the best example.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium