daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 25th, 2007, 11:47 AM   #801
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Expect pics from a 35 km nationalroad Simitli - Bansko which is brandnew. I hope the asphalt is as smoth as the one on the Struma motorway and E-79 but I doubt it.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2007, 12:30 PM   #802
mojaBL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
chris, fro the last time now I am telling you that they changed the sane, there was a expressway sign because there wasnīt a fence everywhere yet, now there is and motorwaysign + green signs are there and I give a ******* shit whatīs on it if the speedlimit is 120 and if it looks and functions like a motorway.
well if it didnīt have fences it didnīt look and function as a motorway.
mojaBL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 12:39 PM   #803
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

Quote:
chris, fro the last time now I am telling you that they changed the sane, there was a expressway sign because there wasnīt a fence everywhere yet, now there is and motorwaysign + green signs are there and I give a ******* shit whatīs on it if the speedlimit is 120 and if it looks and functions like a motorway.
Show us some pics then...
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #804
radi6404

I went to the mountaintown Bansko, it has up to almost 3000 m high mountains, I travelled on the new nationalroad Simitli Goze delchev - Greek border near Drama, the part to Gozedelchev is still under reconstruction, the part tl Drama I donīt know. The road is ******* awesome, shiny crashbarriers, great very modern signs and so on, the asphalt quite smooth and very even, no bumps at all and I am serious, there arenīt any bumps on the whole 30 km new road, even the parts which are already 1,,5 years old, the road has to survive heavy winters with lots of snow and very cold temperatures but I donīt think that the road will get dmaged soon.

Still on the E-79, just look at the crashbarrier

Overpassing the E-79

Letīs go to the mountains, on black asphalt and shiny crashbarriers.

Again I was very much at the back of the bus because there werenīt any free seats at the windows at all more to the front of it

beautiful

These peaks are of the Rila mountain but the lower ones, 2200 to 2300 m high.

Panorama of the Rila mountain

Now itīs 3 lanes

shiny

3 lanes again

itīs a bit dirty because of snowfalls and so on this winter.

This is in Bansko

This is a special, a very beautiful bank

There are a few mountainpics left, Iīll post them some time, ok guys, what do you think. The road also has some signs with arrows directing that there are curves and in which direction they go, the signs are extremly reflective.

Last edited by radi6404; November 25th, 2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old November 25th, 2007, 10:57 PM   #805
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Berm on the left is not wide enough. Cutting is too steep for that kind of local geology. Asphalt is gray, not black.

Otherwise good road, but nothing special. There are tens of thousands of kilometers similar or better roads in Europe (not counting even more elsewhere)
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 11:03 PM   #806
radi6404

Donīt make me laugh keber, you donīt know how it is to drive there so come on, there is a small amount of roads of that quality in europe, I remember in whole Serbia there were a lot of twolaned roads I was driving on and noone had that quality, it may look normal but feels very good. if there were tens of thausands of kilometers such roads than almost any european road would be of that quality.

Keber, youīre colorblind. If thatīs grey, whatīs this http://smggermany.typepad.com/photos...6/autobahn.jpg If you donīt see that the raod is MUCH daker, than better you go to the eyedoctor.

Last edited by radi6404; November 25th, 2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old November 26th, 2007, 12:02 AM   #807
keber

Your road is dark gray (as all new asphalt roads are), and linked one is light gray (of course, it's concrete). Simple as that. And probably you won't comment on non-existing berm, too steep cutting and ditches filled up with dirt?

Also, I still insist, that this road is no better than tens of thousands of kilometers of other roads in Europe and elsewhere. It's okay, but nothing special.
Old November 26th, 2007, 12:13 AM   #808
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Your road is dark gray (as all new asphalt roads are), and linked one is light gray (of course, it's concrete). Simple as that. And probably you won't comment on non-existing berm, too steep cutting and ditches filled up with dirt?

Also, I still insist, that this road is no better than tens of thousands of kilometers of other roads in Europe and elsewhere. It's okay, but nothing special.
As if dirt isnīt the case in Slovenia, who the hell should clean them? They do clean roads but not every week and itīs very normal for a road to get dirty, probably your Slovenian roads and especially your Slovenian flat or your Slovenian house doesnīt get dirty and stays the same for years even if you come with dirty snowy shoes in it (ofcourse noone is cleaing it, it just stays clean)
Old November 26th, 2007, 12:27 AM   #809
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:

This is in Bansko
Gondolas! Yay! At what altitude is the top station?

From what I read, Bansko is the second mountain resort in Bulgaria, after Borovec - is that so?

BTW, all this construction taking place might look a bit depressing for now, but it will look so good when it's complete!
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 12:40 AM   #810
radi6404

Well, itīs not rila but itīs still nice, topstation is at 1800 m; COMMENT the road wiqer, I praised your bypass also.
Old November 26th, 2007, 04:02 AM   #811
mojaBL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

why it is so dirty and lot of garbage around the road?
mojaBL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 08:41 AM   #812
keber

Quote:
As if dirt isnīt the case in Slovenia, who the hell should clean them?
Roadworkers. But this is not the point - actually road looks clean. I said berm on the left is nonexistant, cutting is to steep -> ditch is filled up with dirt. Ditch must not get filled up with dirt, only with water (and even water must flow off very easily). That means bad construction quality. Understand?

Of course roads can get dirty everywhere, but not so as in above picture.
Old November 26th, 2007, 08:53 AM   #813
Jeroen669

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404
Again I was very much at the back of the bus because there werenīt any free seats at the windows at all more to the front of it
Get a car.

Or ask the bus driver you can take pictures of those smooth and shiny crash barriers standing in front of the bus.
Jeroen669 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #814
bgplayer19

Likes (Received): 0

Can someone tell me if there are going to be different highway and electrical signs on the Bulgarian highway network because currently there are only two types (dull)!Everywhere except Bulgaria there are around 10 different types of signs including electrical
bgplayer19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 12:46 PM   #815
radi6404

keber, the road is fine, drive on it and you will see, donīt watch any details, the most mportant thing si the asphalt and it is very good because you donīt feel the difference between the two years old parts of the road and the two weeks old parts.
Old November 26th, 2007, 12:58 PM   #816
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 752

I have to take my hat off to Radi for creating a personality cult of his own as without him how do you get 560 posts on what has to be the most boring, monotonous road thread ever.
KIWIKAAS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #817
keber

Quote:
keber, the road is fine, drive on it and you will see, donīt watch any details, the most important thing is the asphalt and it is very good because you donīt feel the difference between the two years old parts of the road and the two weeks old parts.
Sorry, but as a civil engineer I like to see some details. Details (for some) are very important. Those details are often not minor, but major. And the most important thing for durability on roads (and railways too) is excellent drainage of water. Asphalt is good as on any new road in Europe (and elsewhere). But it's durability is questioned.
Old November 26th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #818
radi6404

well, after saying the asphalt is smooth I must admit that it isnīt as smooth as on the Struma motorway and the E-79 Dolna Dykania - Dupnica. itīs fun to drive on this road but itīs not, aaah this is it, itīs not extremly smooth and extremly hard. However it is very even due to the good fundament, the road lies on rocks.
Old November 26th, 2007, 04:08 PM   #819
JloKyM

Likes (Received): 11777

The new sections of Trakya highway looks mucher better than the Struma highway.

I'll make some pictures soon.
JloKyM está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 07:36 PM   #820
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
I praised your bypass also.
Well, I don't give praise just because you did for Romania... I prefer to be honest when I really don't like something

But this time yeah, the road looks very much OK IMO, I especially like the overpass over the E79 - we don't have much of those in Romania, not even on busy roads, here all national roads are on ground level always (except the occasional railroad overpass).

As for dirt on the road, I don't really care as long as it's functional and smooth... After all, the Balkans are not Austria or some other advanced western country which affords to clean up large distances of slightly muddy roads.

And I agree with Jeroen, you really should get a car, or at least bribe the bus driver to let you take some pictures in front!

@JloKyM: We anxiously await your pics.

BTW, are there any plans for extending the Hemus Avtomagistrala? It's my favorite Bulgarian motorway.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia