daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 2nd, 2007, 02:14 AM   #81
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

I takes some time i think. Think as western Europe countries in the sixties or seventies. We didn't have a motorway connection to Germany until 1965. But some connections to Germany were finished not earlier than the nineties, and some still aren't finished.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2007, 04:32 AM   #82
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
Chris i vorry that we still have noone single mootrway which connects one border with the other border like any civilazed counry should have, we have no motorway serbia greece and no motorway serbia turkey, we also don´t have motorway to Romania, how is this possible? Thisi is ******* awful and i know they can construct motorways, i saw it myself, the struma is the best example.
Yes, that's a serious problem. And the sad thing is, you would also make a profit if you built continuous motorways from Ruse, Vidin all the way to Kulata, or from Varna towards Constanta, and set a toll system like Croatia - nowadays, many Romanians (especially from Bucharest) spend their vacations in Albena or Greece.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007, 04:45 AM   #83
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1491 View Post
I takes some time i think. Think as western Europe countries in the sixties or seventies. We didn't have a motorway connection to Germany until 1965. But some connections to Germany were finished not earlier than the nineties, and some still aren't finished.
Yes Chris, but we look at Croatia and see that it's possible to build a complex motorway system, including tunnels, viaducts, and electronic signs in less than 5 years if there is enough political will. And that country suffered a lot of losses - in a horrible war! And then we look in our own back yard and realize that RO&BG, in certain places and domains, look like THEY fought a war instead!
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007, 05:31 AM   #84
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
Yes Chris, but we look at Croatia and see that it's possible to build a complex motorway system, including tunnels, viaducts, and electronic signs in less than 5 years if there is enough political will. And that country suffered a lot of losses - in a horrible war! And then we look in our own back yard and realize that RO&BG, in certain places and domains, look like THEY fought a war instead!
Exactly my point of view, i was optimistic when i saw the new section of struma motorway and the new section of another road build this winter but after that it happened almost nothing!!!
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:28 PM   #85
radi6404

I am sad that shit searchengine like google don´t get any results when searching for information about Bulgarian motorways at all, i can´t get any information and any pics of Bulgarian motorways in google, why is that? I am sure there is information and pics in the internet.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:32 PM   #86
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

google sucks at that always. I finds loads of pics, but not the kind you are looking for. You might wanna search something like flickr, mostly good quality pics there.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 08:31 PM   #87
radi6404

the searchengine sucks big time, a good side is www.webshot.com, you can upload pics there and you find always better results as in google.
Old June 7th, 2007, 03:23 AM   #88
radi6404

Update, i read in a magazine that the Struma motorway will e continued this month, i hope it´s ture because you never know and i guess there will be delay. I am looking forword for more kilometers of this futuristic looking shiny motorway with many bridges and hopefully a modern Tunnel.
Old June 8th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #89
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

^ Struma, Struma, Struma. Just kidding, hehe, it's great news! And very nice photos of blue79 on the previous page, I'm surprised that the motorway is 6-laned!

Last edited by Verso; June 8th, 2007 at 07:41 PM.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 03:26 PM   #90
radi6404

Yeah verso but it´s because this motorway looks very modern, it looks the most modern of all motorways i hav seen, i am not saying it becasue i am bulgarian but because i think so, i don´t know how the Macedonian company did it but i find it looks impressive.
Old June 12th, 2007, 03:50 PM   #91
radi6404

Asphalt

There´s smooth and there´s rough asphalt as i´ve noticed, to drive on it is pretty much the same, but i noticed in Germany new aspahlt looks very smooth, in Bulgaria however new asphalt looks like it has little stones etc in it, i am wodering why. especially when it´s raining the asphalt looks a bit strange to me. On the motorways it´s the same, when the aspahlt is dry it looks smooth but when it is raining it looks like the asphalt is wet and like it´s not very firm

so looks the asphalt when it´s raining.
Old June 12th, 2007, 04:12 PM   #92
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

If I remember correctly, Italy also uses rough asphalt on its motorways.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #93
Nephasto
Enlightened user

Likes (Received): 71

I have the impression than in Spain they use a much rougher asphalt in autovia (non tolled freeways) than on autopistas (tolled freeways).
The rougher asphalt is not as smooth, but it probably lasts longer(less maintenance needed).
Old June 12th, 2007, 05:19 PM   #94
radi6404

but the bulgarian asphalt feels pretty smooth when driving on it but it just looks rough wehn it rains, i don´t know why.
Old June 12th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #95
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1819

^Maybe because these "stones" inside the asphalt have flat tops but are not so close together.
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #96
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

In many parts of the Italian higways we are using that kind of rough asphalt, to let rain water flow out of the road faster.
This won't make the road dry while it is raining, you should drive with the usual care on wet roads, but it reduces the risk of aquaplaning

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 08:28 PM   #97
radi6404

good to know, but is this kind of asphalt as stable as the smooth asphalt? than it is even better to sue this asphalt instead of smooth aqua planing asphalt.
Old June 12th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #98
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

There isn't such an evident difference between the two kinds of asphalt... it is stable and resists well to heavy traffic.

I think that the best way to have a stable and durable asphalt is using quality materials, making a solid concrete ground and most of all making a decent work building all this.

Too often we show a lack of quality only due to a bad way of working...

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 11:46 AM   #99
Alex Von Königsberg

Likes (Received): 11

In my city they recently repaved 80% of all streets. They did it very fast and the new asphalt they put is so rough that it is just awful. Although it looks all new and shiny, it provides a much rougher ride than the old smooth asphalt that had a few cracks filled with tar. Here is a picture to show what I mean:

Alex Von Königsberg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 07:35 PM   #100
radi6404

The bulgarian asphalt is smooth to drive on but it looks like it would be very rough when it rains, but maybe all asphalt looks so when it rains, all asphalt has some texture though. But the grid on the Bulgarian asphalt is good.

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia