daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 24th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #1141
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Likes (Received): 26

Is this supposed to be that famous, super shiny awesome Struma motorway?
C'mon, it doesn't even have hard shoulders
Majestic no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2008, 10:19 PM   #1142
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
Is this supposed to be that famous, super shiny awesome Struma motorway?
C'mon, it doesn't even have hard shoulders
Ofcourse it has, can´t you see them?
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:56 AM   #1143
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Likes (Received): 26

So it's not Struma on 2nd and 3rd picture?
Majestic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 01:29 AM   #1144
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪

Likes (Received): 888

no, it's a two-laned nationalroad
Patrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #1145
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
So it's not Struma on 2nd and 3rd picture?
I decided to show the pics of the nationalroad part because the scenery is better and the road is cleaner, I have shown enough pics of the Struma motorway I think, but I stil have one left with view towards the Vitosha mountain before Sofia which is approximately 2300 m high.

Old February 25th, 2008, 01:49 PM   #1146
Billpa
Beer is a Tasty Treat

Likes (Received): 7

There is simply nothing special at all about this road. It's ok, but nothing great. And I think it gives a bad impression of Bulgaria when you build this motorway up so much only to show these pics which are nothing but a big letdown.
For shame.
Billpa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 06:17 PM   #1147
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪

Likes (Received): 888

especially front view pics are missing
Patrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 06:31 PM   #1148
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billpa View Post
There is simply nothing special at all about this road. It's ok, but nothing great. And I think it gives a bad impression of Bulgaria when you build this motorway up so much only to show these pics which are nothing but a big letdown.
For shame.
But what do you expect, you guys praise motorways when they are clean and with good looking asphalt, I agree this motorway isn´t clean but that´s because there´s a lot of sand arround it and the rural area suffers from harsh weather conditions man. The asphalt is very good, the sunctions are very good aswell, I can´t tel the busdrver to turn on the sunction. It doesn´t have special featres like long viaducts and tunnels but who cares about them. The crashbarriers got dirty, yes but that´s because of the area, they are still shiny at some places though.
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #1149
Billpa
Beer is a Tasty Treat

Likes (Received): 7

I don't care about a little dirt. I grew up in an area that gets a lot more snow than where you are- so I understand how roads look in the winter.
The problem is you've built this highway up to such a point that it would be almost impossible to live up to the hype. And, in the event, it doesn't come close.
This motorway looks very average. A short and narrow median with normal-looking crash barriers and typical-looking pavement with standard line paint.
There's nothing great about this highway. It takes people from point-a to point-b....but that's it.
Billpa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:28 PM   #1150
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 751

In a nut shell
KIWIKAAS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #1151
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billpa View Post
I don't care about a little dirt. I grew up in an area that gets a lot more snow than where you are- so I understand how roads look in the winter.
The problem is you've built this highway up to such a point that it would be almost impossible to live up to the hype. And, in the event, it doesn't come close.
This motorway looks very average. A short and narrow median with normal-looking crash barriers and typical-looking pavement with standard line paint.
There's nothing great about this highway. It takes people from point-a to point-b....but that's it.
but i am telling you that it is unusually smooth for a motorway that age because i know how two year old moorways in Hungary, Serbia, Austria and even Germany feel, man.
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:41 PM   #1152
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 751

No one here doubts that the surface on the Struma is very smooth. Most likely smoother than most motorways. Apart from this there doesn't seem to be anything special about it. Certainly visually it's very average.
KIWIKAAS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:44 PM   #1153
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIWIKAAS View Post
No one here doubts that the surface on the Struma is very smooth. Most likely smoother than most motorways. Apart from this there doesn't seem to be anything special about it. Certainly visually it's very average.
yes, it unfortunately got, I can´t stand the fact that most of the crashbarriers aren´t shiyn anymore and there´s so much sand even on the asphalt, I hope they will clean it sometime. They do this from time to time.
Old February 26th, 2008, 06:22 AM   #1154
AUchamps

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
yes, it unfortunately got, I can´t stand the fact that most of the crashbarriers aren´t shiyn anymore and there´s so much sand even on the asphalt, I hope they will clean it sometime. They do this from time to time.
It's Stroumatic. You're Stroumatic.
AUchamps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 06:14 PM   #1155
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18764

Guys to let you focus on something else than radi's hot temper here come some fresh news about the Bulgarian road system if you are interested.

Quote:
Danube Bridge 2 construction to start in April

Construction on the second bridge across the Danube river between Bulgaria and Romania would start in April this year, Transport Minister Petar Moutafchiev told reporters on February 25 2008, reported Focus news agency.

Moutafchiev's statement came before the scheduled meeting of Bulgaria's council on coordination, control and implementation of infrastructure projects of national significance, attended by Prime Minister Sergei Stanishev.

Spanish company FCC (Fomento de Construcciones and Contratas) has won the tender to develop the project that would link Vidin in Bulgaria to Calafat in Romania and also the road and rail infrastructure on the Bulgarian side. The firm would be paid 162 million euro for the works, while the total costs of the project, including construction on the Romanian side, was estimated at 236 million euro.

When completed in 2010, Danube Bridge 2 would become a part of European Transport Corridor IV between Dresden in Germany and Istanbul in Turkey.

Reports in Bulgaria over past weeks have claimed construction works would be delayed by four months to September 2008, citing different sources.

Simeon Evtimov, in charge of project development at the Transport Ministry, blamed it on problems with geological surveys and land expropriation, while transport minister Petar Moutafchiev had earlier put it down to differences between Bulgarian and Romanian laws.
Hope they'll stick to that promise ...

Also the Lyulin Motorway construction is going quite on schedule as already was announced.

And the construction of the 8km. bypass (Kremikovtsi-Sofia ring road) of Hemus Motorway must start any moment ... along with 2 stretches x ~20km. on both sides of the unfinished motorway - Yablanica & Shumen which is already interesting news ...

Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 07:55 PM   #1156
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

1/4 billion € for a bridge? I assume, it is very long. And probably at least 4 laned, right?
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 09:13 PM   #1157
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

The Danube is about a kilometer wide between Vidin and Calafat.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #1158
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
1/4 billion € for a bridge? I assume, it is very long. And probably at least 4 laned, right?
I remember reading somewhere that it will only be 1x2 . IMO this would be a very bad planning decision.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 10:16 PM   #1159
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
I remember reading somewhere that it will only be 1x2 . IMO this would be a very bad planning decision.
As far as I know it will be 2X2 adn even with railways in the middle.
Old February 27th, 2008, 12:12 AM   #1160
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18764

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
As far as I know it will be 2X2 adn even with railways in the middle.
radi is correct here
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulgaria, highways, struma, trakia