daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 4th, 2013, 03:13 AM   #2661
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

I hope that Seoul has a lot of supertalls in the future, just to make sure this building doesn't overly dominate. I really love the shape because it looks like the Shard (which is one of my favorite buildings) but it slopes up more friendlier, which is why I like it a little better than the Shard. 75 meters is what, 250 feet? And it's 600 feet ALREADY? It looked more like 100. The taper must be really nice when this finishes.

And a slightly off topic comment: this tower would look very unique with pink cladding. (And by the way NO I'M NOT A GIRL)

Taller London liked this post
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #2662
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 192

Because the Tower is so wide it looks less than 50 stories.
It's really going to be seen from a great distance with nothing else being even close to it's height.
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #2663
NPS_CA

Likes (Received): 12

Picture Taken Monday November 4th

Staying at Lotte World Hotel across the road ; will try to get some more shots up tomorrow also;

swatded, Seoul_Korea liked this post
NPS_CA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #2664
antares031
Deadliest Duckling

Likes (Received): 732

Weekly Update : Nov. 4. 2013

According to the person from the field, the corewall of tower has reached 49th floor and they're gonna rise it to 50th floor soon.

The sign on the corewall says "45th Floor" just below the ACS forms (which cover from 46th floor to 49th floor)

In short, Current Height/Floor is 222.35m/49F

orange boy, CP11, Seoul_Korea, Munwon, Equario and 4 others liked this post

Last edited by antares031; November 4th, 2013 at 12:35 PM.
antares031 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #2665
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post

rather a shame that it 'only' needs to be that tall to be the tallest in seoul. seoul certainly deserves more supertalls!
You're right for the population and the size of the city, it could be one of the city with most supertalls in the world, but the tallest skyscraper in Seoul is only 279 meters u.u
Old November 4th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #2666
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8239

and all the proposals of megatowers the city had in the past that all failed to see the light.

Seoul_Korea liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #2667
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1027

Well, I think that both the Hyundai Global Business tower across the river in Tteukseom-dong and the tower on the other side of the city in Mapo-gu are still kind of in the design/planning phase. Seems like the one in Yongsan isn't going to happen for a few more decades.

On that note, though, I'm always confused by why there aren't more >200m towers in Seoul. I know there was a height restriction for many years, but that was at 300m. Maybe it's just because the land value in the city was never that high anywhere? Even along Teheranno in Gangnam, there are only a few buildings over ~180m.

Last edited by aquaticko; November 4th, 2013 at 08:44 PM.
aquaticko está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #2668
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Well, I think that both the Hyundai Global Business tower across the river in Tteukseom-dong and the tower on the other side of the city in Mapo-gu are still kind of in the design/planning phase. Seems like the one in Yongsan isn't going to happen for a few more decades.

On that note, though, I'm always confused by why there aren't more >200m towers in Seoul. I know there was a height restriction for many years, but that was at 300m. Maybe it's just because the land value in the city was never that high anywhere? Even along Teheranno in Gangnam, there are only a few buildings over ~180m.
In Seoul there are only 16 buildings over 200 m, uff. I woukd like to see Seoul with more and more skyscrapers over ~250-300 m.
Old November 5th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #2669
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoul_Korea View Post
In Seoul there are only 16 buildings over 200 m, uff. I woukd like to see Seoul with more and more skyscrapers over ~250-300 m.
Dream on coz there are too many baroque politicians such as the Seoul Mayor in the way.
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #2670
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
To build higher you need simply more money. The economy wasn't as strong before 00's. 90% of the buildings surpassing 200 m were built on the last decade. I'm not talking about office, but also the residential market. I don't think Koreans were able to buy an apartment in a luxury skyscraper in the 80's or the 90's. Things indeed changed after those dates and there was a big potential to sell those types of residential units. Samsung and Hyundai went ahead to build those massive 200 m + complexes in the early 00's and indeed, it turned out to be very profitable. So basically, it's all about economy.

Quote:
In Seoul there are only 13 buildings above 200 meters. Seeing more skyscrapers above 200 m depends on the current economy and the demand of offices and residential units. It's a very simple formula. It has nothing to do with Seoul Mayor or Daegu Mayor or Tokyo Mayor..!!!

Seoul Mayor is responsible for the prosperity and the balance of the city, he will not go nuts to build supertalls all over Seoul just to fulfill the wishes of skyscrapers fans in the world.

Give him a break guys!
Old November 5th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #2671
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Hey folks, I updated my diagram. According to the latest pics and info the building has now 49 floors and is therefore approximately 226 meters or 741 feet tall

Old November 5th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #2672
okicho89

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by architec101 View Post
Dream on coz there are too many baroque politicians such as the Seoul Mayor in the way.
actually, the issue is much larger than just mayors.

I was working in a Korean law firm which dealt with a case regarding constructing large projects such as this and the main issue for all the rejected projects is because most of them don't comply with regulations regarding the maximum building height allowed.

Why is this relevant? Safety for airplanes that are inbound and outbound, so they there is absolutely no risk of planes skimming the top or side of a supertall skyscraper.

I believe for this particular building, they made an exception. But by and large,blame the airport regulation if anything.
okicho89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #2673
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1027

Really makes you wish they'd just build that high speed rail tunnel to Jeju so they could close Gimpo. Korea is the kind of place that seems like it could go entirely without domestic air travel.
aquaticko está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 04:23 AM   #2674
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Awesome tower, behind ST, this is number 2 followed by a close GF. Cladding looks incredible, haven't been to this tower site in weeks, Nice diagram Kanto.

Kanto liked this post
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 04:29 AM   #2675
Highcliff
Fake democracy

Likes (Received): 5011

what stuning....
Highcliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 04:37 AM   #2676
Highcliff
Fake democracy

Likes (Received): 5011

Quote:
You're right for the population and the size of the city, it could be one of the city with most supertalls in the world, but the tallest skyscraper in Seoul is only 279 meters u.u
an off topic comment....
Seoul_Korea...do you know the tallest in são paulo?....

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirante_do_Vale
Highcliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #2677
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highcliff View Post
an off topic comment....
Seoul_Korea...do you know the tallest in são paulo?....

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirante_do_Vale

Mirante do Vale right? 170 m and it is the tallest in São Paulo, right?
I know it it is ugly for a city like São Paulo

Daehanminguk liked this post
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #2678
KDreamer
Marketing & Fashion, yo.

Likes (Received): 519

Anyone able to guess when we will see this become the tallest in Seoul? ie > 279m?

inno4321 liked this post
KDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #2679
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Hmph, hard to tell, the progress has been slow during the last months so Ipd say probably spring next year

inno4321, KDreamer, Zaz965 liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #2680
citypia
future is today.

Likes (Received): 567

image hosted on flickr

Flickr에서 Sungjin Kim님의 131016_dalmaji_009

image hosted on flickr

Flickr에서 Sungjin Kim님의 131016_dalmaji_008

image hosted on flickr

Flickr에서 Sungjin Kim님의 131016_dalmaji_013

image hosted on flickr

Flickr에서 Sungjin Kim님의 131016_dalmaji_003

image hosted on flickr

Flickr에서 Sungjin Kim님의 131016_dalmaji_002

image hosted on flickr

Flickr에서 Sungjin Kim님의 131016_dalmaji_018

Seoul_Korea, Kanto, Equario, CP11, Japanac and 5 others liked this post
citypia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea