daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 6th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #2681
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

There's nothing that I love more than sunsets .... maybe with the exception of dark storm clouds

Zaz965 liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #2682
Severiano

Likes (Received): 756

Wow, they are in no hurry to get this thing done.
Severiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #2683
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Hey folks, I updated my diagram. According to the latest pics and info the building has now 49 floors and is therefore approximately 226 meters or 741 feet tall
Hey Kanto, with all my respect to your hard work and diligence, but how the heck you get those numbers?!!! This tower is no way around 226 m. The core reached 200 m on 30 October, a few days ago. Please be more careful when delivering such numbers. Thanks a bunch.

Now, today's update:
07/11/2013

Source: Their official Facebook Page.

little universe liked this post
Kimiwind1184 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #2684
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

Another 130-135 meters and it'll be the tallest building in Korean Peninsula :')

inno4321, Daehanminguk liked this post
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #2685
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiwind1184 View Post
Hey Kanto, with all my respect to your hard work and diligence, but how the heck you get those numbers?!!! This tower is no way around 226 m. The core reached 200 m on 30 October, a few days ago. Please be more careful when delivering such numbers. Thanks a bunch.

Now, today's update:
07/11/2013

Source: Their official Facebook Page.
Not exactly, the 200 meters is a wrong estimate. From photos we know that the building is currently 49 floors high. However from an official plan we know that the floor plate of the 42nd floor is in a height of 196 meters. If it would be 196 meters tall with 41 floors and 200 meters tall with 49 floors, one floor would have to be a half meter high on an average Here is the data I used for height determination:

Zaz965 liked this post
Old November 7th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #2686
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Quote:
Not exactly, the 200 meters is a wrong estimate. From photos we know that the building is currently 49 floors high. However from an official plan we know that the floor plate of the 42nd floor is in a height of 196 meters. If it would be 196 meters tall with 41 floors and 200 meters tall with 49 floors, one floor would have to be a half meter high on an average Here is the data I used for height determination..
Thank you, Kanto.

But I don't think that the developer itself, wouldn't know the right estimate.
This is a construction report by Lotte few days ago:

http://www.lottecorp.com/HanWWW/proo...iewIdx=&ndate=

In other words, either the core didn't reach 49 floors or there is something wrong with your calculations guys. I'm sure Lotte wouldn't deliver wrong information.
Old November 7th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #2687
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Well, we know for certain that it did reach 49 floors from the photo I posted earlier. As to the official plan, I doubt it would be wrong. Especially since it isn't the only one. I have more of these plans

In this one we see that the floor slab of floor 52 is 236 meters. If the building with 49 floors would have 200 meters and with 51 meters it would have 236 meters then one floor would have to be 18 meters tall on average:

Interestingly, this one, which measures from the bottom of the underground floors shows the floor slab of floor 42 to be 192 meters. Though that still wouldn't allow for the 49 floors of the building to be 200 meters because if it would, one floor would have to be 1 meter high on the average:

So even these drawings apparently do have some inconsistencies but I personally would consider them higher quality material than the 200 meter figure. Besides, it isn't uncommon for a developer to not know the exact height. I saw vids of both developers and architects getting the total height of their buildings wrong and a temporary height is even harder to remember. But in the end it is a mystery which of these sources is accurate

Kyll.Ing., Zaz965 liked this post
Old November 8th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #2688
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12446

http://blog.naver.com/lhkny96?Redire...No=90183946446

I just came back from TOKYO AND KYOTO OSAKA

TOKYO AND KYOTO WAS BREATHTAKING CITY!!

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
inno4321 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #2689
phoenixboi08

Likes (Received): 791

I have to say, it strikes me as a bit more elegant than the Shanghai Tower (which is probably the closest tower to this, in scale and some aesthetics). I like both, but this feels a bit more "aware" of it's place whereas ST is a bit too bold for the current skyline, nothing wrong with that, I guess.

inno4321 liked this post
phoenixboi08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 12:48 AM   #2690
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixboi08 View Post
I have to say, it strikes me as a bit more elegant than the Shanghai Tower (which is probably the closest tower to this, in scale and some aesthetics). I like both, but this feels a bit more "aware" of it's place whereas ST is a bit too bold for the current skyline, nothing wrong with that, I guess.

Agree..the Shanghai Tower is amazing tower and also Shanghai too.(no offensive)...
Meanwhile lotte tower not only landmark tower but also consist with complex structures(concerthall,aquarium).
Also lotte tower have great green forest and lake. I thinks These landscape make a "unique" views.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Kanto, Zaz965 liked this post
Old November 8th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #2691
KDreamer
Marketing & Fashion, yo.

Likes (Received): 521

Kimiwind, I think you're reading too much into the Lotte announcement. I understood the 200m as more of a general guide. Most people who read that aren't looking for the exact current floor height, and I doubt they'd say 226.7m or whatever. 200m is significant so they used that figure.

I'm gonna side with Kanto and say his would be the better estimate.

inno4321, Kanto liked this post
KDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #2692
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDreamer View Post
Kimiwind, I think you're reading too much into the Lotte announcement. I understood the 200m as more of a general guide. Most people who read that aren't looking for the exact current floor height, and I doubt they'd say 226.7m or whatever. 200m is significant so they used that figure.

I'm gonna side with Kanto and say his would be the better estimate.
Frankly speaking, the tower doesn't give an impression of a regular 226m tall building. That's why I think that there is something wrong in calculating the whole thing. That's no way to be above 205m. But anyways, that's the way I see it.

KDreamer liked this post
Kimiwind1184 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #2693
KDreamer
Marketing & Fashion, yo.

Likes (Received): 521

Well yeah just based on the sheer size of it, it's hard to put it into perspective. But I mean, if the plans are saying floor 42 should be at 196m, and the core has reached floor 49, we would be much closer to the 226 metre than 200 metre estimate, no? To be honest, it's a small issue in the scheme of things. Us arguing about it doesn't change the reality of it (either way) one bit haha

Kanto, inno4321 liked this post
KDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #2694
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
Innoooo, welcome back! I missed you updates live from Seoul welcome back and thanks for the updates

inno4321, Kanto, aquaticko, Daehanminguk liked this post
Old November 8th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #2695
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDreamer View Post
Well yeah just based on the sheer size of it, it's hard to put it into perspective. But I mean, if the plans are saying floor 42 should be at 196m, and the core has reached floor 49, we would be much closer to the 226 metre than 200 metre estimate, no? To be honest, it's a small issue in the scheme of things. Us arguing about it doesn't change the reality of it (either way) one bit haha
I understand your point, Kdreamer. However, I'll stick to mine. Is that alright? The only thing that we all know is, this beast will reach 555 m one day.

Thank you.
Old November 9th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #2696
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Hey folks, I made a world construction progress diagram update. Here you can see how the building currently looks compared to the global scene

Roof height used below

Old November 9th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #2697
MattTheTubaGuy
Skyscrapers to the stars

Likes (Received): 647

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
Now that is an awesome crane!

Complete and T/O Supertalls Map
U/C Supertalls Map
Prep and O/H Supertalls Map
All Supertalls map!

Google Earth map (WIP)

ZZ-II's World Supertalls List

view my buildings made on Maya

Kanto liked this post
MattTheTubaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #2698
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Quote:
Hey folks, I made a world construction progress diagram update. Here you can see how the building currently looks compared to the global scene

Roof height used below

Shanghai Tower is nearly topped out. Wow!
Seoul Lotte Tower is the best in this diagram.

P.S.: It is a my opinion!

jackedi07, Kanto, inno4321, vinttt, bigreach and 2 others liked this post
Old November 10th, 2013, 01:48 AM   #2699
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Inno, Great shots, I don't know whats cooler the Golden top, or the Gladiator looking ring planned in those shots, actually the top is, that is a unique and a awesome design. 2nd only to GF's Diamond. (personal opinion)

inno4321 liked this post
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2013, 02:53 AM   #2700
inno4321

http://blog.naver.com/ojye00?Redirec...o=100198231765

22 October
copyright 동현고

1 November
copyright 동현고

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea