daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 21st, 2013, 09:25 AM   #2761
antares031
Deadliest Duckling

Likes (Received): 732

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoul_Korea View Post
Updates?
Next monday by me as usual. Until then, the other people will help you out.

Seoul_Korea liked this post
antares031 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2013, 09:54 AM   #2762
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 682

i agree with you... thank you for your comment!
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 11:12 AM   #2763
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by citypia View Post
The biggest reason of facing dead ends in korean supertalls projects were NOT PROFITABLE BUSSINESS anymore.
Experts point out that a frequent cause of trouble is the business plans for skyscrapers, which usually contain commercial facilities on lower floors, apartments on middle floors and business offices on upper floors. That's why the project managers tried to add more residential space in supertalls.
(especially, Busan Lotte town tower's case)

The Global Business Center project is almost vaporized, as well. The 2 trillion won project, which Hyundai Motor Group tried to build in Seongsu-dong, eastern Seoul, has been in limbo since land-donation negotiations between Seoul city government and the automotive group fell apart.

Also, as aquaticko already mentioned, there is not much market demand of skyscrpers. Big buildings were added in the Gwanghwamun and Yeouido areas recently and that led to a surge in office vacancies. Not only is it hard to find a customer, but the decline of leasing fees is also denting the profitability of projects.

Furthermore, the cost of building a skyscraper also can be a huge burden.
These tall skyscrapers usually cost three or four times the cost of 20- to 30-floor buildings. The cost is so high but it is difficult to find profitability in a 100-story building.

In addition, experts said that complicated business structures with many stakeholders can be an impediment to the smooth operation of big projects. (especially, Yongsan IBD case.)
The reason why the Lotte World Tower construction project is cruising amid this sluggish economy is that it is managed by a single control tower called Lotte Group.

By the way, when appying building permit inkorea, there are lots of legal procedures, discussion and even public hearings. Building a skyscraper is NOT decided by only one person.
However, some stupid forumers believe that one mayor has a super power to decide cancelling supertalls by his preferences only.
Well said.

I tried to explain this for ages here in this thread. Unfortunatly, kids usually wish to hear only what they like, they don't have a brain that work in a logical rational way. This is what distinct a mature fully grown person from a brainless kid.

Last edited by Kimiwind1184; November 21st, 2013 at 03:19 PM.
Kimiwind1184 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 11:37 AM   #2764
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiwind1184 View Post
Well said.

I tried to explain this for ages here in this thread. Unfortunatly, kids usually wish to hear only what they like, they don't have a brain that work in a logical rational way. This is what distinct a mature fully grown person and a brainless kid.
After a recent helicopter mishap in Seoul, the Mono Mayor considered cancelling this Lotte building permit. However,the mayor figured they will lose the court battle. It's not just some logic in Korea. It's a complete shortsighted idiocy from politicians.

inno4321, Seoul_Korea, Kanto liked this post
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 02:55 PM   #2765
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

Current Height?

Daehanminguk liked this post

Last edited by Seoul_Korea; November 22nd, 2013 at 10:00 PM.
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 03:38 PM   #2766
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by citypia View Post
The biggest reason of facing dead ends in korean supertalls projects were NOT PROFITABLE BUSSINESS anymore.
Experts point out that a frequent cause of trouble is the business plans for skyscrapers, which usually contain commercial facilities on lower floors, apartments on middle floors and business offices on upper floors. That's why the project managers tried to add more residential space in supertalls.
(especially, Busan Lotte town tower's case)

The Global Business Center project is almost vaporized, as well. The 2 trillion won project, which Hyundai Motor Group tried to build in Seongsu-dong, eastern Seoul, has been in limbo since land-donation negotiations between Seoul city government and the automotive group fell apart.

Also, as aquaticko already mentioned, there is not much market demand of skyscrpers. Big buildings were added in the Gwanghwamun and Yeouido areas recently and that led to a surge in office vacancies. Not only is it hard to find a customer, but the decline of leasing fees is also denting the profitability of projects.

Furthermore, the cost of building a skyscraper also can be a huge burden.
These tall skyscrapers usually cost three or four times the cost of 20- to 30-floor buildings. The cost is so high but it is difficult to find profitability in a 100-story building.

In addition, experts said that complicated business structures with many stakeholders can be an impediment to the smooth operation of big projects. (especially, Yongsan IBD case.)
The reason why the Lotte World Tower construction project is cruising amid this sluggish economy is that it is managed by a single control tower called Lotte Group.

By the way, when appying building permit inkorea, there are lots of legal procedures, discussion and even public hearings. Building a skyscraper is NOT decided by only one person.
However, some stupid forumers believe that one mayor has a super power to decide cancelling supertalls by his preferences only.
The monkey mayor might not be the only person determined to sabotage big projects, but he definitely is contributing to this cause and his contribution is not a minor one, so I think people have a reason to dislike him

Seoul_Korea, inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 04:36 PM   #2767
erkantang

Likes (Received): 185

Current hight? How fast is it rising?

Seoul_Korea, Kanto liked this post
erkantang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 05:03 PM   #2768
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
The monkey mayor might not be the only person determined to sabotage big projects, but he definitely is contributing to this cause and his contribution is not a minor one, so I think people have a reason to dislike him
Why do you call him a monkey? So if you dislike, or disagree with somebody you call him a monkey? Grow the **** up. Not only you, but there are bunch of other kids that unfortunately frequent this thread. What a disgrace.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 11:44 PM   #2769
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:
Why do you call him a monkey? So if you dislike, or disagree with somebody you call him a monkey? Grow the **** up. Not only you, but there are bunch of other kids that unfortunately frequent this thread. What a disgrace.
Man, you know I agree with you, but calm down. People are allowed their opinions and to express them as they please. You're gonna get yourself in trouble.

Feeling like we need a mod in here to clean some of this up.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 12:24 AM   #2770
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkantang View Post
Current hight? How fast is it rising?
It has currently 51 floors and is 234 meters or 768 feet tall

inno4321, Daehanminguk, Zaz965 liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 08:21 AM   #2771
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
It has currently 51 floors and is 234 meters or 768 feet tall
Thanks fo the info

inno4321, Kanto, Daehanminguk liked this post
Old November 23rd, 2013, 09:02 AM   #2772
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12436

copyright http://blog.naver.com/burimhk?Redire...No=40201209391

copyright http://hj.tistory.com/129

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Man, you know I agree with you, but calm down. People are allowed their opinions and to express them as they please. You're gonna get yourself in trouble.

I'm agree with aquaticko. Not only dear KANTO but also anyone have a right for speak his own opinions.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

orange boy, Kanto, Equario, Seoul_Korea, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; November 23rd, 2013 at 09:09 AM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM   #2773
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Quote:

When bad-mouthing was even a personal opinion? I'm not against what they think, I'm against those childish idiotic expressions that they use in order to express their personal view.

Why you tell me to calm down? We've been repeating the same cassette for ages now. I'm tired of this behavior. I wanna come here to see mature discussions, only.

Those kids must be banned for good because they don't wanna change.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 04:59 PM   #2774
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1028

If you'd ever dealt with (what you consider to be) a misbehaving child, you'd know that the way to discourage bad behavior is to ignore it.

And bad-mouthing is an opinion; it says "I don't like what this person is/does etc." If you don't think that sentiment is being well-expressed, that's your opinion, to which you're also entitled. But don't worry so much about the level of discourse on here; it's an international internet forum devoted to urban development projects, not an academic lecture session. It costs you nothing to scroll past the people who you consider to be childish and idiotic, so just do so and appreciate the wonderful photos that are available in this thread.

@Inno I think that first picture in your previous post is going to be one of the best perspectives of this tower when it's finished: walking up to the shopping mall, the giant tower rising above it, with that graceful seam opening up into the crown at the top.

Kanto, inno4321, Munwon, Seoul_Korea liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #2775
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3188

Quote:
When bad-mouthing was even a personal opinion? I'm not against what they think, I'm against those childish idiotic expressions that they use in order to express their personal view.

Why you tell me to calm down? We've been repeating the same cassette for ages now. I'm tired of this behavior. I wanna come here to see mature discussions, only.

Those kids must be banned for good because they don't wanna change.
Kimmi- Were you the guy that came out of the blue and started bashing the Kingdom Tower thread and the middle east for no apparent reason? That was a little immature also.

inno4321, Kanto, CP11 liked this post
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 06:55 AM   #2776
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Quote:
And bad-mouthing is an opinion
I'm not going to argue with a British anymore .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munwon View Post
Kimmi- Were you the guy that came out of the blue and started bashing the Kingdom Tower thread and the middle east for no apparent reason? That was a little immature also.
Dude, I expressed my point of view. I don't have to agree with most posters in that thread. Did I say any bad word against anybody? Of course not!
You were actually the person that attacked me with offensive vocab. I still remember very well .
Stop trying to be the good guy.

We are derailing this thread once again. Further quotes? PM please. I don't think my voice will be heard anywhere here. I better give up this.

Last edited by Kimiwind1184; November 24th, 2013 at 07:18 AM.
Kimiwind1184 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #2777
Seoul_Korea
Europa

THAT'S ENOUGH! Row in your chat, please!
Old November 25th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #2778
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

With completion of the Lotte building, I hope it triggers a new skyscraper construction boom in Seoul as well as the rest of SK. Even with all those baseless fears and anti-sentiments against these giants, once we have them in our sights, everyone will without a doubt fall in love and be proud of them. I just can't wait for the completion of the Korea's very first giant.
Old November 25th, 2013, 08:23 AM   #2779
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Quote:
Originally Posted by architec101 View Post
With completion of the Lotte building, I hope it triggers a new skyscraper construction boom in Seoul as well as the rest of SK. Even with all those baseless fears and anti-sentiments against these giants, once we have them in our sights, everyone will without a doubt fall in love and be proud of them. I just can't wait for the completion of the Korea's very first giant.
I also hope so. If Seoul'll build other supertall, it'll become one of the cities with the best skyline in the world.

Daehanminguk liked this post
Old November 25th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #2780
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoul_Korea View Post
I also hope so. If Seoul'll build other supertall, it'll become one of the cities with the best skyline in the world.
Its a bit off-topic, but does anyone know what will happen in Yongsan? The Yongsan International Business District project got cancelled (many high-end skyscrapers were planned, one even >600m) and now there is a lot of empty space. Does anyone know if there is a new plan for that area?

As far as I know the ground belongs to KORAIL, and they also have to pay back all the investors who put money into the gigantic project...

inno4321 liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
lotte jamsil super tower, lotte world premium tower, lotte world tower, seoul, shinchon-dong, songpa-ku, south korea